• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

My first NFL memory was that Dawson to Otis Taylor sideline TD in Super Bowl IV

That was when the Chiefs were likeable.

Don't forget Jim Lynch, Ed Podalak, Jim Tyre, Brad Budde's dad,.....i had many of their football cards.

Jim Tyre is an HOFer.
    That play is also etched in my memory. I was a big Otis Taylor fan too

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Should see which RB the Texans cut. They have some depth there

Comment

• Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        I guess my take is that both are busts, but the Raiders might end up a year or two smarter than our front office (depending on what we do this year with Tillery) by cutting their bust in a more timely fashion.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

A woman's lawsuit alleges that Matt Araiza, now with the Buffalo Bills, and two San Diego State football players raped her when she was 17.

More details.
          SDSU my alma mater...
          tisk tisk
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

My first NFL memory was that Dawson to Otis Taylor sideline TD in Super Bowl IV

That was when the Chiefs were likeable.

Don't forget Jim Lynch, Ed Podalak, Jim Tyre, Brad Budde's dad,.....i had many of their football cards.

Jim Tyre is an HOFer.
            Yes. Yes. I even remember the interview with Otis after the SB.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tges58 View Post

Their draft last year got an A on NFL.com. Creed Humphrey, who was the top rated O lineman last season as a rookie, Trey Smith, who in redrafts went on the first. Nick Bolton is an excellent young LB. The only team that got an A. And thy didn't even.have a 1st rd pick. The year before they I think they got a B+. And pretty much every draft analyst says that this years was a home run. It doesnt matter what you think about them, you're more than a little biased. The people that actually know what they're talking about strongly disagree with you.

You can talk about all of these "great drafts" the Chargers have had, yet their record the last 3 years is a combined 21-28. The Chiefs combined record in that time frame, 45-13, including 3 AFCCGs, 2 Super Bowl appearances and a Super Bowl win.

And they've been picking in the bottom 2 or 3 of each round. Where has LA been picking when they got James? Or Herbert? Or Joey Bosa? It's a lot easier to have good drafts when you're picking in the top 5 or 10.
              Derwin James was rather famously picked with the 17th pick of the 2018 draft (since virtually every pundit had James as a top 10 player and some even had him as a top 5 player).

Anthony Lynn was the team's head coach for two of those seasons that led to 21-28, so you can throw that record out as being totally irrelevant to what is happening now.

Last year, the team produced a winning record despite not having the personnel to execute Staley's defensive scheme effectively and would have had 11 wins and a division title if they had not lost both OT coin tosses to KC and LV. And their defense and team is much better this year, the teams knows it, and the rest of the league will know it very soon. The Chargers looked better than the Chiefs in both games last year and they are miles ahead of where they were last year.

Furthermore, I was at the game in KC last year and the one thing I can say with absolute certainty is that Herbert is better than Mahomes. Herbert is bigger, faster, and throws better passes than Mahomes does.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                I like Dare Ogunbowale for us.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tges58 View Post

It doesnt matter if you see it or not. We'll see after the real games start. And the rest of you areTRYING to catch up. Whether or ot they do remains to be seen.

And apparently no one on your team has done the heavy lifting, and Reid/ Mahomes>>> than Staley/ Herbert

Did you see Karlaftis "bully" his way through a double team to get a sack? And their secondary has gotten deeper and more athletic. Once again, we'll see.

Mahomes has played 5 games without Hill. He's 4-1, has thrown for 1737 yards(347ypg) 8 TDs, 1 INT and a 103.1 passer rating. Yeah, he sucks without Hill.

And they won a Super Bowl without Kareem Hunt.
                  Are you shitting me with the above bolded nonsense? Those games were Mahomes' debut against a last place DEN team that had mailed it in in 2017 in the final game of the season and 4 games in 2019 against 3 bottom 10 pass defenses.

Hill was arguably the single most disruptive player to defenses in the entire NFL. Dealing with him was a nightmare for opposing teams. How many out of the pocket late throws to open space for Hill to run onto did Mahomes make over the years? It seemed like a whole lot. Those backyard sand lot huge gainer plays are going to be reduced in frequency without Hill. Mahomes is not all that when he is cannot make those off schedule throws.

If last year's Chargers team with its crappy defense could easily beat CIN (unlike a certain other AFC West team from Kansas City) with Chase, Higgins and Boyd, nothing KC has to offer is going to be that much of a problem now that Hill is gone. Opposing defenses always had to account for Hill. They no longer have to do so when playing against the Chiefs.

Also, the Chargers have CB depth (4 starting caliber CBs) plus James and Adderley as the top 2 safeties, not to mention a beefed up pass rush and better run defense. The defense should be much better at getting off the field and the offense was already very good, even with a defense that seemingly could never get off the field, and returns everyone plus an OL upgrade at RG. Herbert will be playing in the same offensive system in consecutive seasons for the first time ever in either college or the NFL and is entering his third year, which is when many QBs see an uptick in their play. If the defense stays healthy, it could be a top 10 defense to go with what has a chance to be the top offense in the NFL this year. The Chargers are a clear Super Bowl contender this season.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Are you shitting me with the above bolded nonsense? Those games were Mahomes' debut against a last place DEN team that had mailed it in in 2017 in the final game of the season and 4 games in 2019 against 3 bottom 10 pass defenses.

Hill was arguably the single most disruptive player to defenses in the entire NFL. Dealing with him was a nightmare for opposing teams. How many out of the pocket late throws to open space for Hill to run onto did Mahomes make over the years? It seemed like a whole lot. Those backyard sand lot huge gainer plays are going to be reduced in frequency without Hill. Mahomes is not all that when he is cannot make those off schedule throws.

If last year's Chargers team with its crappy defense could easily beat CIN (unlike a certain other AFC West team from Kansas City) with Chase, Higgins and Boyd, nothing KC has to offer is going to be that much of a problem now that Hill is gone. Opposing defenses always had to account for Hill. They no longer have to do so when playing against the Chiefs.

Also, the Chargers have CB depth (4 starting caliber CBs) plus James and Adderley as the top 2 safeties, not to mention a beefed up pass rush and better run defense. The defense should be much better at getting off the field and the offense was already very good, even with a defense that seemingly could never get off the field, and returns everyone plus an OL upgrade at RG. Herbert will be playing in the same offensive system in consecutive seasons for the first time ever in either college or the NFL and is entering his third year, which is when many QBs see an uptick in their play. If the defense stays healthy, it could be a top 10 defense to go with what has a chance to be the top offense in the NFL this year. The Chargers are a clear Super Bowl contender this season.
                    That is Tges's go to stat.

You are not allowed to tell him that the stat was ages ago and meaningless.

Remember when the Chargers went 4 - 0 without Merriman in 2006? Turned out that Merriman wasn't that important to the team.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2020
                      • Oklahoma
                      • Send PM

49ers have a plethora of RBs and Edges, word is Trey Sermon may be cut....hoping to get 1 of each.
                      Cowboys will have to cut a DT better than our backup DTs if they can't make a trade also.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Almost shopping time!

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

Speaking of the chiefs, RIP to Len Dawson. He was a real one. Those Chiefs teams were a fun bunch with Dawson, Mike Garrett, Otis Taylor, Willie Lanier and Buck Buchanan.
                          Len Dawson was also excellent as the host of Inside The NFL. Miss those days.

Comment

Working...
                          X