Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    https://www.latimes.com/california/s...d-rape-lawsuit

More details.
    SDSU my alma mater...
    tisk tisk
    Same alma mater. I’m not horribly surprised though given it’s reputation as a party school.

Comment

• Tges58
      Registered Chiefs Fan
      • Mar 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Are you shitting me with the above bolded nonsense? Those games were Mahomes' debut against a last place DEN team that had mailed it in in 2017 in the final game of the season and 4 games in 2019 against 3 bottom 10 pass defenses.

Hill was arguably the single most disruptive player to defenses in the entire NFL. Dealing with him was a nightmare for opposing teams. How many out of the pocket late throws to open space for Hill to run onto did Mahomes make over the years? It seemed like a whole lot. Those backyard sand lot huge gainer plays are going to be reduced in frequency without Hill. Mahomes is not all that when he is cannot make those off schedule throws.

If last year's Chargers team with its crappy defense could easily beat CIN (unlike a certain other AFC West team from Kansas City) with Chase, Higgins and Boyd, nothing KC has to offer is going to be that much of a problem now that Hill is gone. Opposing defenses always had to account for Hill. They no longer have to do so when playing against the Chiefs.

Also, the Chargers have CB depth (4 starting caliber CBs) plus James and Adderley as the top 2 safeties, not to mention a beefed up pass rush and better run defense. The defense should be much better at getting off the field and the offense was already very good, even with a defense that seemingly could never get off the field, and returns everyone plus an OL upgrade at RG. Herbert will be playing in the same offensive system in consecutive seasons for the first time ever in either college or the NFL and is entering his third year, which is when many QBs see an uptick in their play. If the defense stays healthy, it could be a top 10 defense to go with what has a chance to be the top offense in the NFL this year. The Chargers are a clear Super Bowl contender this season.
      That game with Denver Mahomes was playing the Broncos starters with the Chiefs backups. I remember some of you bragging about how the Chargers beat KCs backups.

I love how you guys think that because they lost one WR the best QB in the league is done. Yeah, they lost Hill but they have clearly upgraded the rest of their WR unit. JuJu had a 1400 yd season before Big Ben fell apart before our very eyes. MVS led the league in yac a couple of years ago. They have one of the best(some say the best) OL in the league. They'll still be a top five offense.

Defensively, it's probably going to take some time to jell. They will have at least 2 rookies starting very possibly more. But early returns have looked very promising. Contrary to what powderpuff thinks Karlaftis is looking like a star in the making. I just seen on the NFL Network that KC has the youngest defense in the league:, their average age is 24.7. This could very possibly be a reloading year for them.

Really, You are bragging about beating ONE team that beat KC. Sounds a little desperate.

Weve been hearing how the Chargers are a SB contender every year, and every year they fall flat. The Chargers have a talented team with questionable coaching, snd they seem to be missing a key element. Heart. They also seem to be pretty fragile. You know what they say, one of the most important abilities you can have is durability.

But I will say this could be their best chance at winning the division. Like I mentioned before KC is very young. defensively and have almost completely rebuilt their WR unit. From what they say it takes WRs about a year to learn Reids playback. But KC has been one of the leagues best drafting teams lately and they have 6 picks in the 1st 4 rounds next year. Like with LA the future is looking bright for them.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

I still think the Chiefs are the team to beat. They've won the west six straight years. Andy Reid is a darn good coach.

But, I do believe the Bolts are the team with the best chance to finish ahead of the Chiefs. I think we have a better roster now but the KC coaching staff is one of the best while ours is young and still learning.
        Last edited by chargeroo; 08-26-2022, 12:43 PM.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
          Day One...
          • Mar 2019
          • Brentwood, 94513
          • Send PM

Until another team takes the West, you have to go with the Chiefs. But the way we have played the Chiefs, since our Golden Boy got the qb spot, is very encouraging.

It’s taking care of the other teams we should be more pressing. We can’t just get hyped for the Chiefs. 17 games to make it into the playoffs.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

There are separate issues in play here.

First, our Chiefs fan guest states he is here to talk football, while referring to one of our top posters as "powderpuff guy." That is bogus.

With regard to a legimate football take, Charger fans have every reason to be higher on Chris Rumph II than Chiefs fans do on George Karlaftis. And Rumph II is EDGE #3.

Karlaftis is streaky and disappears. Lateral mobility is not a plus here. He is going to need his high motor as NFL offensive tackles dial in one his one pass rush move.

Meanwhile, Rumph II looks truly explosive and fast, now with added core strength.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Tges58 View Post

That game with Denver Mahomes was playing the Broncos starters with the Chiefs backups. I remember some of you bragging about how the Chargers beat KCs backups.

I love how you guys think that because they lost one WR the best QB in the league is done. Yeah, they lost Hill but they have clearly upgraded the rest of their WR unit. JuJu had a 1400 yd season before Big Ben fell apart before our very eyes. MVS led the league in yac a couple of years ago. They have one of the best(some say the best) OL in the league. They'll still be a top five offense.

Defensively, it's probably going to take some time to jell. They will have at least 2 rookies starting very possibly more. But early returns have looked very promising. Contrary to what powderpuff thinks Karlaftis is looking like a star in the making. I just seen on the NFL Network that KC has the youngest defense in the league:, their average age is 24.7. This could very possibly be a reloading year for them.

Really, You are bragging about beating ONE team that beat KC. Sounds a little desperate.

Weve been hearing how the Chargers are a SB contender every year, and every year they fall flat. The Chargers have a talented team with questionable coaching, snd they seem to be missing a key element. Heart. They also seem to be pretty fragile. You know what they say, one of the most important abilities you can have is durability.

But I will say this could be their best chance at winning the division. Like I mentioned before KC is very young. defensively and have almost completely rebuilt their WR unit. From what they say it takes WRs about a year to learn Reids playback. But KC has been one of the leagues best drafting teams lately and they have 6 picks in the 1st 4 rounds next year. Like with LA the future is looking bright for them.
              JuJu Schuster was signed for peanuts.....why do you suppose no one was interested?

He benefited greatly by having Antonio Brown on the other side, no? :goofylol:

You can flush those 1400 yards right down the toilet. With his snail type speed, I don't even think he fits into the Chiefs offense,
              unless he's the possession guy should Kelce fade or get injured.

The Chiefs have no play makers on offense, get that through your silly head.

Is Mahomes going to throw the football to himself? That might be their best option when Kelce is taken out of the game or gets injured.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                There are separate issues in play here.

First, our Chiefs fan guest states he is here to talk football, while referring to one of our top posters as "powderpuff guy." That is bogus.

With regard to a legimate football take, Charger fans have every reason to be higher on Chris Rumph II than Chiefs fans do on George Karlaftis. And Rumph II is EDGE #3.

Karlaftis is streaky and disappears. Lateral mobility is not a plus here. He is going to need his high motor as NFL offensive tackles dial in one his one pass rush move.

Meanwhile, Rumph II looks truly explosive and fast, now with added core strength.
                I'm going to go out on a limb Wudai and predict that Karlaftis will equal his sack totals from last year at Purdue.
                I feel strongly about his abilities.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I'm going to go out on a limb Wudai and predict that Karlaftis will equal his sack totals from last year at Purdue.
                  I feel strongly about his abilities.
                  I studied him too.
                  George will ride off into the sunset much sooner than Jared Allen.
                  :lol:

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

j/k pbb.
                    I respect your scout's eye.
                    Jared Allen is the comp for George in play style.
                    HOF career.
                    Announced retirement on his horse.
                    :smile:

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

JuJu Schuster was signed for peanuts.....why do you suppose no one was interested?

He benefited greatly by having Antonio Brown on the other side, no? :goofylol:

You can flush those 1400 yards right down the toilet. With his snail type speed, I don't even think he fits into the Chiefs offense,
                      unless he's the possession guy should Kelce fade or get injured.

The Chiefs have no play makers on offense, get that through your silly head.

Is Mahomes going to throw the football to himself? That might be their best option when Kelce is taken out of the game or gets injured.
                      That was JuJu's only 1000 yard season and they had Antonio Brown that year.
                      Juju hasn't done a lot without him and averaging under 10 YPC as they put him in the slot with better guys out wide (Clayborn, Johnson)

I don't really care to debate us vs KC. They are the front runner til we knock them off.

This division has been pretty even over the years as far as division winners

Screenshot_20220826-181338.png
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 08-26-2022, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

I believe that lack of injuries will be the determining factor in winning the AFCW. Looking at today’s game, 2nd teamers just can’t compete with 1st teamers.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

How’s this for no hope:

Geno Smith has beat out Drew Lock in the Seattle Seahawks' quarterback competition and will start the team's Sept. 12 opener against Russell Wilson and the Denver Broncos, Pete Carroll said Friday.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X