• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Bills seem to be the consensus pick as best team in the NFL. We’ll see how that affects them tomorrow night. I don’t expect much fall off from the Rams. They’re missing OBJ but Allen Robinson takes his place. Lost some guys on defense but gained Bobby Wagner. Well coached team.

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Raiders - I can see how people like to delude themselves about Carr. He makes a lot of big plays. He also makes a lot of big mistakes, which more than cancels out the plays he makes, but ...
      I think they hired the wrong coach. Bisaccia guided them through a train wreck and did it well, and McHoodie wants to be the next BB and isn't. Then there is the whole RT and rest of the OL thing. Add in that their D is still got more holes than swiss cheese ... Hard to be too worried about them.

Broncos - They filled their biggest hole by signing Wilson. I think he is a horrible fit for their O, but if the HC is willing to work around that, maybe they have something. They had a good running game, and their OL is good. Not as good as ours, but still reasonably good. They have a pretty good DL, although since they play a 34, not sure how much that helps. They have some good ILB, but agian, in today's NFL, how much is that a help? Their secondary is still good, but it didn't help them that much last year. On D it comes down to their OLB, and that is a problem. Chubb has flashed some ability, but the guy is always hurt. Randy Gregory is a fine situational rush guy, but a pretty average run defender, and has never been used full-time before. Plus, should he have signed to a team in a state where weed is legal? It's a little like having a recovering alcoholic moving in above a bar. They do have an interesting prospect in Nik Bonitto, but I think he is a better long range prospect than he is ready to play guy.

KC - Still the big competition for us. The big thing in my mind is how well Karlaftis and Carlos Dunlop are going to play. They are a nice bookend to Clark at DE, but mostly it allows Jones to go back to 3 tech, because he is the only player even close to Aaron Donald at DT. But a lot of people are super excited because Karlaftis got 2 sacks in preseason. OK, but it is preseason, and the guy wasn't the best pass rusher in college. I think he will be a great player at some point, I just think he is going to take a year or so to develop some pass rush moves. he is a good run DE though. Dunlop is fine as long as you don't expect him to play too many downs. He got 10 sacks situationally with Seattle last year, but at his age he can't play every down. Their secondary is still kinda thin. I know a lot of people loved the Reid signing at FS, but the guy hasn't played well in a couple of years. And Nnadi and Saunders were both well regarded prospects coming out, but neither has done much at NT. THeir O will still be very fast, and while they didn't exactly fill the hole Hill left, they can probably do some of that in the aggregate with Scantling and Smith-Schuster. A lot will come down to if Kelce can continue to play at a high level and if Hardman steps up any.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        I have a random bold prediction I'd like to document here.

Baltimore will likely end up paying LJ what he wants, but I believe they are prepared to trade him for a win-now qb plus picks. Has to be a veteran they believe that they can surround with weapons and a defense to win AFCN now. I think they would trade the LJ mama agent drama for a normal, pocket passing qb that has a professional agent.

Josh Mcminihoodie understands he is not ever winning the division with Carr. raiders need a splash move, boom or bust needle mover who can bring a unique offense to gadget his way to a superbowl run. Helps if he also sells jerseys to an idiot fanbase. Keep in mind, Josh drafted fucking Tebow. Josh thinks he's a genius who could have won in NE with a broken down Cam Newton.

Baltimore gets Carr plus picks
        Oak--Los An---Las Vegas gets L. Jackson
        You really dont like Carr lol.

i say no way this happens. Carr is the reason Adams signed with them. McDaniels dont want another Cutler situation that he created in Denver.

Carr is a better passer than LJ as well.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Interesting matchup tonight, Bills at Rams. I think the Rams have to take a small step back, the SB win was like in a NASCAR race the winner is the one who successfully gets thought the final crash. Billl are due for a SB win too, they have all the pieces, and a relatively easy division compared to the other AFC contenders. I wonder how much gas Wagner has for the Rams, and Miller for the Bills. Stafford is coming off an elbow procedure too.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You really dont like Carr lol.

i say no way this happens. Carr is the reason Adams signed with them. McDaniels dont want another Cutler situation that he created in Denver.

Carr is a better passer than LJ as well.
            Haha, yes I do.

If not LJ, someone. I don't see Joshy pinning his last chance on Carr. At the risk of pulling a Cutler 2.0, he has to do SOMETHING at QB.
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Haha, yes I do.

If not LJ, someone. I don't see Joshy pinning his last chance on Carr. At the risk of pulling a Cutler 2.0, he has to do SOMETHING at QB.
              Blood is thicker than water, Carr is still a Carr just that 2.0 is a much better, newer version.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                Interesting matchup tonight, Bills at Rams. I think the Rams have to take a small step back, the SB win was like in a NASCAR race the winner is the one who successfully gets thought the final crash. Billl are due for a SB win too, they have all the pieces, and a relatively easy division compared to the other AFC contenders. I wonder how much gas Wagner has for the Rams, and Miller for the Bills. Stafford is coming off an elbow procedure too.
                not the shoot out expected so far..... lol

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Bills are crushing Rams. 31 - 10 in 4th.
                  Von Miller 2 sacks (of 7)
                  Last edited by sonorajim; 09-08-2022, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• AL9000
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2022
                    • San Diego, CA
                    • Send PM

I started to think this last year, but after tonight I’m convinced the AFC runs through Buffalo. Forget KC.

Comment

• Caslon
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AL9000 View Post
                      I started to think this last year, but after tonight I’m convinced the AFC runs through Buffalo. Forget KC.
                      Buffalo will steam roll the Chargers, if that ever happens.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

Buffalo will steam roll the Chargers, if that ever happens.
                        LOL, can we see the Chargers play before you bury them?

The Bills looked solid across the board last night. They didn’t miss a punter, thats for sure. They could have won by 40.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

LOL, can we see the Chargers play before you bury them?

The Bills looked solid across the board last night. They didn’t miss a punter, thats for sure. They could have won by 40.
                          They could have won by a lot more than 40 if not for the turnovers.

A lot of teams that look incredibly strong early in the season can't sustain it.

And how did the Rams look in week 1 of last season? Hell, some of the big contributors like Von Miller and OBJ weren't even on their roster at that point. But even KC, who was pretty good for most of the season was being written off by a lot of people early last year due to a slow start and they bounced back.

The Chargers aren't going to win the SB in week 1. They have to get better and better, week by week. That is how a long season works. They need to play well enough to win games, but continue to improve at the same time. The hard part is that we have division games early.

The big difference between last year and this year needs to be showing up every week. It was kind of every other week we would win for most of last season. We need to find a way to turn some of those L's into W's. It wasn't just that we lost, but we also played up and down. Some of that comes down to losing on D and ST almost every week. It's tough to win games just on O, and even tougher if you are going to do it every week. Either the D or ST needs to at least draw most weeks. If they (ST and D) can outright win, and the O can continue to build, we should be in good shape.

Buffalo last night is a good example of how that can work in practice, despite the O nearly blowing it with turnovers.

Comment

Working...
                          X