• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Can JPP still play? I have not heard anything about him and did not release he was a free agent.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      Can JPP still play? I have not heard anything about him and did not release he was a free agent.

TG
      NFL.com has him listed as a UFA. He missed the last 3 games in 2021. Not sure about his health.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

JPP is about done. He missed some games at the end of the season, but mostly his production is just dropping.

If he is like most guys his age, he can probably turn it on briefly here and there, but he cannot sustain it.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Why anyone would trade for that guy is beyond me. With the haul they got, the Texans will be a force in a couple of years if they don't blow it.
          You realize it's the Browns right? It's moves like this why that organization organization keeps going backwards. They keep failing to bring in the right people to take them into the right direction. And I'm becoming more grateful of having Staley on the Chargers the more times goes on.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Why anyone would trade for that guy is beyond me. With the haul they got, the Texans will be a force in a couple of years if they don't blow it.
            That's a mighty big

IF.JPG

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

The Browns feel like they are a QB away from winning it all. Based on the rest of their roster, I am not sure they are wrong. Watson is a good QB. It will all depend on his ability to stay out of trouble so that his contract doesn't blow up and sink the whole team.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                The Browns feel like they are a QB away from winning it all. Based on the rest of their roster, I am not sure they are wrong. Watson is a good QB. It will all depend on his ability to stay out of trouble so that his contract doesn't blow up and sink the whole team.
                I believe it. Happy ending is not illegal :rimshot:

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

This is going to drag on. They made a mistake thinking it was about to go away. Sure he can play per the NFL but he has to be distracted some. None of them have accepted a settlement.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

It's a gamble though. They've rolled the dice and now we wait to see what the dice say when they stop rolling. I'm sure glad the Bolts didn't have to take a gamble like this.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

This is going to drag on. They made a mistake thinking it was about to go away. Sure he can play per the NFL but he has to be distracted some. None of them have accepted a settlement.
                      Just remember the jersey - https://www.cleveland19.com/2018/12/...-quarterbacks/

It took what felt like forever for them to get a QB, and they had better access to drafting a qb since they were drafting so high every year, and yet they couldn't pull it off.

Look at teams like Minn, and LV. Cousins and Carr are both productive starting QB, but do you really want to throw them the keys and tell them to win the game? I don't. But I get why their teams don't want to move on, because as bad as they are at times, things can get a whole lot worse. Ask the Washington team how their QB situation is. The last reasonably quality guy they had was Mark Rypien, and even he was a product of their system.

There have been about 10 QB taken in the 1st round over the past 10 years (not counting this year) out of about 30-35 guy who are even close to being considered a "franchise" QB, and even some of them (Tannehill, K. Murray) are a little iffy. The point is that if you are a team without a QB, things are pretty tough.

The Browns also feel like they are pretty close. They had a ton of draft picks in a short window and now that window is in danger to break up their team.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

24 non-offered tugs … first, this guy gets a lot of massages. But second and bigger, I don’t get it. He’s a first round pick, starting NFL QB, heralded Superstar, richer than rich … and he forces tugs on unwilling massage workers? Why doesn’t he select one, or two, or twenty, of the dozens of eager willing very attractive young ladies who would be more than happy to participate in his celebrity?

Dude is very troubled or has zero game. But it doesn’t take game when he is who he is. This dude has troubles that transcend 24 current lawsuits. He’s missing some key bolts in his engine. More parts are going to fall off as soon as he gets back on the road imo. a massive pileup on the I-94
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                          24 non-offered tugs … first, this guy gets a lot of massages. But second and bigger, I don’t get it. He’s a first round pick, starting NFL QB, heralded Superstar, richer than rich … and he forces tugs on unwilling massage workers? Why doesn’t he select one, or two, or twenty, of the dozens of eager willing very attractive young ladies who would be more than happy to participate in his celebrity?

Dude is very troubled or has zero game. But it doesn’t take game when he is who he is. This dude has troubles that transcend 24 current lawsuits. He’s missing some key bolts in his engine. More parts are going to fall off as soon as he gets back on the road imo. a massive pileup on the I-94
                          Agreed - trainwreck coming

Comment

Working...
                          X