• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    Ferrel? Why? Other than being a top 5 draft pick (and he shouldn't have been) what do you see in him that would warrant going to 3 of our very best players and asking them to restructure their contracts mid season? How do you think they are going to react to being asked to do this to add a scrub player who is not even as good as Chris Rumph is right now? Players might give wiggle room to add a superstar who is going to push the team over the hump and get them a superbowl. But not for a player like Ferrel.

TG
    Ferrell is a good pickup on a vet minimum deal, not a 1st rounders contract.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      From the Top 10 selections of the 2017 NFL Draft, only Myles Garrett, Patrick Mahomes, and Mike Williams are still producing, with their original teams.
      Dice Vegas GIF by The Weeknd
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Padres went to the playoffs this year. Preller pushed in chips for Juan Soto, Brandon Drury, Josh Hader. So far - its worked

I am not saying the Chargers need to push all the chips into the center of the table. But strategic trades to help your team - why not try to upgrade your roster.

Elijah Moore is a better football player than Josh Palmer. He has two more years on his rookie contract so he is pretty cheap. Maybe Moore is not being utiilized correct. All I know of Palmer is even with Allen out - he still is not getting the ball. Maybe he is not a good football player. Plus Elijah Moore is playing with Flacco and Zack Wilson - so really cannot compare stats.

Fine - you do do. (As an aside, my team would kick your teams ass - thank you )
        In his second year, I still see Palmer as an ascending player. He’s not a WR1, but could easily be a solid WR2/3.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

They had one 3rd left for the saleh hire, another for the GM hire and both hires from last year gave them a third last year another this year, then there is the mcdaniels 3rd for this year (and they get another next year too)——so that’s three #3s this year from minority hires and the other two they might have coming from losing players in FA in 2022 offseason——the article said they had 5 total compensatory #3s coming for 2023 draft:shock:
          McDaniels is a minority? Looks like a white guy.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

McDaniel (no S) is multiracial and has a paternal grandmother who is African-American.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Screenshot_20221021-222415.png
              Attached Files

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

His father is african american…
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

McDaniel (no S) is multiracial and has a paternal grandmother who is African-American.
                  My mistake I thought his dad was black…
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

So Pittsburgh has made WR Chase Claypool available but word is they want multiple day 2 picks. His contract runs thru 2023 with a cap hit of 2.1 mil in 2023. Not bad but then you have to pay him afterwords if you want to keep him.
                    No way id go the SF route with what they did to acquire McCaffrey but maybe Telesco can get creative and throw in a player. If Nas isnt in the cards to resign for example then creative with any picks.

When Najee Harris went out early in in week one this year, they gave Claypool some carries at RB.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

My mistake I thought his dad was black…
                      "paternal grandmother" implies that his dad is black. Reading the source material, he visited his grandmother and saw by the pictures in the house that he was much lighter skinned than most of his relatives, and apparently on his mom's side, he had some relatives that basically disowned her. Not an uncommon occurrence, unfortunately.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

"paternal grandmother" implies that his dad is black. Reading the source material, he visited his grandmother and saw by the pictures in the house that he was much lighter skinned than most of his relatives, and apparently on his mom's side, he had some relatives that basically disowned her. Not an uncommon occurrence, unfortunately.
                        My Ancestry says im 1% Bengal. No idea where that came from but can i claim to be a minority?

Comment

• Classic
                          Hall Of Fame
                          • Dec 2014
                          • Send PM

So Pittsburgh has made WR Chase Claypool available but word is they want multiple day 2 picks. His contract runs thru 2023 with a cap hit of 2.1 mil in 2023. Not bad but then you have to pay him afterwords if you want to keep him.
                          No way id go the SF route with what they did to acquire McCaffrey but maybe Telesco can get creative and throw in a player. If Nas isnt in the cards to resign for example then creative with any picks.

When Najee Harris went out early in in week one this year, they gave Claypool some carries at RB.
                          Claypool easily would be #3 here. Him or the jets WR would help our Offense big time. Telesco gotta get off the couch and poach one of these weapons turn this offense around.

Comment

Working...
                          X