• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltinloudguy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Our WR group could really stand to be improved, That is what serious contending teams do.

For one thing it lacks speed, separation and YAC. Why not arm a stud QB on rookie contract with a complete array of weapons?

Keenan will help but he still doesnt bring the missing element and at 30, hasnt been great this year at being on the field. Probably wont play again this Sunday. We are talking almost half a season missed now.
    They should go get Elijah Moore since he wants out now as well. Speed and shiftiness. Everything this team needs. If I were the Chargers, I’d make a 2-3 moves before the trade deadline.

First 1- Trade a 3rd for Elijah Moore
    Second 1- 6th for Edge Clelin Ferrell

I would restructure Allen, Bosa and Linsley

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Ferrel? Why? Other than being a top 5 draft pick (and he shouldn't have been) what do you see in him that would warrant going to 3 of our very best players and asking them to restructure their contracts mid season? How do you think they are going to react to being asked to do this to add a scrub player who is not even as good as Chris Rumph is right now? Players might give wiggle room to add a superstar who is going to push the team over the hump and get them a superbowl. But not for a player like Ferrel.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I was reading that the 49ers were scheduled to have 6 total 3rd round picks in 2023! Their own 3rd plus five compensatory #3s, normally a team caps out at 4 compensatory picks total but some of the 49er compensatory picks were special picks…it had to do with having minority coaches or admin hired as head coaches and GMs so the cap of 4 compensatory picks didn’t apply to those picks…

so before the trade they were scheduled to have a 2, six 3s, a 4, and a 5 so nine total picks…now they have five 3rd rounders and the 5th rounder or 6 total picks
        Ahhhh.
        Lots of mid round IOL
        will be available.
        PON.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Ahhhh.
          Lots of mid round IOL
          will be available.
          PON.
          I know they don’t have a 1st or a 2nd now but with 5 3rd rounders they can easily trade a few back into round #2 and they can also trade one backwards and get a bunch of picks in rounds 4-7…five 3rd rounders is still a lot of draft capital is what I’m trying to say, so the 49ers trading for christian doesn’t kill their draft…
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

From the Top 10 selections of the 2017 NFL Draft, only Myles Garrett, Patrick Mahomes, and Mike Williams are still producing, with their original teams.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Our WR group could really stand to be improved, That is what serious contending teams do.

For one thing it lacks speed, separation and YAC. Why not arm a stud QB on rookie contract with a complete array of weapons?

Keenan will help but he still doesnt bring the missing element and at 30, hasnt been great this year at being on the field. Probably wont play again this Sunday. We are talking almost half a season missed now.
              Hey , I agree - but Michael Bandy or T Billy thee of getting cut by how many teams will save the day -

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

I was reading that the 49ers were scheduled to have 6 total 3rd round picks in 2023! Their own 3rd plus five compensatory #3s, normally a team caps out at 4 compensatory picks total but some of the 49er compensatory picks were special picks…it had to do with having minority coaches or admin hired as head coaches and GMs so the cap of 4 compensatory picks didn’t apply to those picks…

so before the trade they were scheduled to have a 2, six 3s, a 4, and a 5 so nine total picks…now they have five 3rd rounders and the 5th rounder or 6 total picks
                I don't think its 6 this year but over multiple years. Though you are right, they got two 3rd rounders for Saleh and two for McDaniels And if Ryans is hired, they will get two more. So they have the extra picks to trade

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                  Hmm, Palmer and Moore have the exact number of receptions and TDs while Moore's playing time has dwindled this year and you want to give up a conditional 3rd AND Palmer for him?

Please never apply to be a NFL GM unless it's at Denver, LV or KC.
                  We know you wouldn't have any draft picks left wanting to trade for every player you see available.....every year lol.
                  Padres went to the playoffs this year. Preller pushed in chips for Juan Soto, Brandon Drury, Josh Hader. So far - its worked

I am not saying the Chargers need to push all the chips into the center of the table. But strategic trades to help your team - why not try to upgrade your roster.

Elijah Moore is a better football player than Josh Palmer. He has two more years on his rookie contract so he is pretty cheap. Maybe Moore is not being utiilized correct. All I know of Palmer is even with Allen out - he still is not getting the ball. Maybe he is not a good football player. Plus Elijah Moore is playing with Flacco and Zack Wilson - so really cannot compare stats.

Fine - you do do. (As an aside, my team would kick your teams ass - thank you )

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I don't think its 6 this year but over multiple years. Though you are right, they got two 3rd rounders for Saleh and two for McDaniels And if Ryans is hired, they will get two more. So they have the extra picks to trade
                    They had one 3rd left for the saleh hire, another for the GM hire and both hires from last year gave them a third last year another this year, then there is the mcdaniels 3rd for this year (and they get another next year too)——so that’s three #3s this year from minority hires and the other two they might have coming from losing players in FA in 2022 offseason——the article said they had 5 total compensatory #3s coming for 2023 draft:shock:
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Palmer caught 7 passes I think, on monday night. But I agree he has not matched the off season hype so far.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

They had one 3rd left for the saleh hire, another for the GM hire and both hires from last year gave them a third last year another this year, then there is the mcdaniels 3rd for this year (and they get another next year too)——so that’s three #3s this year from minority hires and the other two they might have coming from losing players in FA in 2022 offseason——the article said they had 5 total compensatory #3s coming for 2023 draft:shock:
                        I just looked up OTC.com as they do a good job with the "free agency" comp pick game and they showed a 5, 6 and 7 for the Niners so maybe the article had 5 total comp picks and not 5 in the third round

Even just Saleh and McDaniels - they know they are getting two 3rds - so really that covers the 3rd and 4th rounder basically for McCaffrey. But in that division, with the offense they run, Shanahan should be able to maximize what CMC brings to the offense with Deebo. I think it was a good trade for the Panthers too.

And for the record - I was never in on CMC to the chargers

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                          Palmer caught 7 passes I think, on monday night. But I agree he has not matched the off season hype so far.

TG
                          He caught 9 pass (for only 57 yards) and drew 4 PI penalties. He got nailed a lot and I am not surprised he is in the concussion protocol. The first couple of games there were several passes his way that he and Herbert were not on the same page and now he is battling knee and ankle injuries. He is on pace for 73 catches but is not as impactful as I had hoped.

Comment

Working...
                          X