• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I hope for something but if they were going to trade for a WR. Wouldn't you think they would do while they have a bye week to help get that player up to speed?

I guess I'll wait for a surprise since I expect nothing.
    You know - is it the Chargers are not aggressive in reaching out to teams or teams are still waiting "one more week to see"

Look at the Saints - if they win, they are a game out of first place. Do they want to move Callaway
    The Steelers - if they win - they are 3-5 but two games behind the Ravens and possibly Bengals. Plus they play the Eagles - so if they are trading Claypool

The Texans - do they think winning Sunday makes them a playoff team
    Same with the Broncos'

I agree with you - why wouldn't the Chargers want the player in by yesterday. And reports are the Broncos will be sellers if they lose tomorrow. Which to me means, they already are sellers

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

You know - is it the Chargers are not aggressive in reaching out to teams or teams are still waiting "one more week to see"

Look at the Saints - if they win, they are a game out of first place. Do they want to move Callaway
      The Steelers - if they win - they are 3-5 but two games behind the Ravens and possibly Bengals. Plus they play the Eagles - so if they are trading Claypool

The Texans - do they think winning Sunday makes them a playoff team
      Same with the Broncos'

I agree with you - why wouldn't the Chargers want the player in by yesterday. And reports are the Broncos will be sellers if they lose tomorrow. Which to me means, they already are sellers
      The Broncos wouldnt be trading any recievers id want. Hamler i dont want as he is injured too much and doubt they trade with us anyways. There are several WRs out there that could be available so perhaps they are working the phones but, id assume they would want one sooner than later.

And again WTF is up with Reed?

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

And again WTF is up with Reed?
        Good question - he has decent size and speed, why has he not been given some playing time? I can only guess that the coaches know something about him that we are not aware of. We clamored for Bandy and he never caught a pass in the Seattle game.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          Good question - he has decent size and speed, why has he not been given some playing time? I can only guess that the coaches know something about him that we are not aware of. We clamored for Bandy and he never caught a pass in the Seattle game.
          Bandy was targeted 6 times and did catch one pass for a five yard loss and had an offensive PI against him. Not sure what is going on with Reed other than he isn’t a good route runner.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Bandy was targeted 6 times and did catch one pass for a five yard loss and had an offensive PI against him. Not sure what is going on with Reed other than he isn’t a good route runner.
            I read today the Rams are talking Cooks - probably would cost them a 2nd
            I don't think Cooks is worth a 2nd based on the cap NEXT year for the Chargers. Not even sure he is worth a 7th based on that contract

I just don't think Telesco is going to do anything. Man he missed the boat on Robby Anderson. That was a nothing trade with nominal if any risk.

I would try Reed as I have seen enough Bandy

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

I don't think Cooks is worth a 2nd based on the cap NEXT year for the Chargers. Not even sure he is worth a 7th based on that contract

I just don't think Telesco is going to do anything. Man he missed the boat on Robby Anderson. That was a nothing trade with nominal if any risk.

Posters here were saying Cooks' salary next season was a non-starter. I countered, and continue to counter, that a team with a bigger payroll than the Chargers will find a way to sign him. They always do.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                Why is he still on the squad then? If there’s an issue the coaches have with Joe Reed they should cut him loose and try to develop someone else. Sheesh. We’re desperate for WR’s right now

as for Bandy, the whole team played like shit so I wouldn’t write him off. If Seattle was Herbert’s first game as a starter we’d all be saying tank for a qb in 2023

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Posters here were saying Cooks' salary next season was a non-starter. I countered, and continue to counter, that a team with a bigger payroll than the Chargers will find a way to sign him. They always do.
                  The Chargers could do it - you are correct
                  I just know they won't with that contract next year

But to your point - the Chargers COULD make it all work.

the philosophy for if they need a WR or not is this - if there were a game tomorrow and Allen is not a "snap count" and Josh Palmer is "100%" - maybe
                  but if one of those answers are a No - they should be in the market

Rams are also in the market for a pass rusher and signing Attauocho should not dissuade the team either

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

The Chargers could do it - you are correct
                    I just know they won't with that contract next year

But to your point - the Chargers COULD make it all work.

the philosophy for if they need a WR or not is this - if there were a game tomorrow and Allen is not a "snap count" and Josh Palmer is "100%" - maybe
                    but if one of those answers are a No - they should be in the market

Rams are also in the market for a pass rusher and signing Attauocho should not dissuade the team either
                    Houston would have pay some of Cook's salary for any team to take on that contract.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

The Rams dont need a WR. They are getting Van Jefferson back this week. Their OL stinks and what they need.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Not a good first 20 minutes for the Broncos

Paton might be making trade calls even before the flights home...

Chubb
                        Jeudy
                        Hamler

Heck Hackett might be fired on the plane ride home

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Getting shut out by the Saints?!?

Raiderland must be a sight to behold.

Comment