• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Right. We were ahead 27-7, allowed the Texans back into the game at 27-24, and then had to ice the game with a late TD.
    And KC finished regulation tied so they must really suck. Oh, wait, they are the class of the AFC. Weird.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
      Let's do this!
      • Aug 2022
      • Raleigh N. Carolina
      • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
      Id much rather play the titans than the Jags. Jags are a much better team right now.

We have a real shot at the 5 seed if we can win out and ravens lose 1. Would much prefer playing Titans or Jags than the 3 seed.
      Agree we would rather play Tenn with a rookie QB..

Either way 5th seed is the way to go

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Id much rather play the titans than the Jags. Jags are a much better team right now.

We have a real shot at the 5 seed if we can win out and ravens lose 1. Would much prefer playing Titans or Jags than the 3 seed.
        We need to handle business which isn’t a given but the last 2 weeks have really lifted expectations again for this team. Now we’re speculating on what seed is better.

the Jags are one of the teams I would not want to face in round 1. They’re rolling now and already spanked us

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          Tennehill likely out for the season for the Titans - if we win out we could end up playing the Jags again. I'd love a rematch with a healthy Herbert.
          Would be interesting but they put 38 on us. Herbert’s worst game and first with fractured rib cartilage but we didn’t have an answer for Trevor and Doug Pedersen

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

I feel that once ya make the POs ya play any and every team in front of you.No hiding, ducking or hoping every other team is injured or has some kinda weakness we can exploit.Ya wanna be the best ya gotta friggin beat the best.Bring em all on.If we are deserving we will be the last ones standing on top of that hill.

Comment

• RTPbolt
              Charger Fan till the end
              • Jun 2013
              • North Carolina
              • Send PM

I hear you on wanting to earn the title by beating the best. That said there have been plenty of SB champs that didnt in the playoffs. Even being the #1 seed means getting the easiest route possible by skipping a game and always playing the worst seed so the system isnt really built to have the winner always play the best.

Sometimes a little luck is huge in whom you play. Its all about surviving 1 game to stay in the tournament. Id take an “easier” route if we could.

i sure hope we get to see Bosa and Slater back and in shape. We need those two to reinforce our depleted lines to really have a better chance at making a run at this. DJ is concerning me a bit too. We need our top guys out there to make like difficult for our opponents.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

We have t even clinched a wildcard spot and folks are worried about playoff path to SB. LOL.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

I hear you on wanting to earn the title by beating the best. That said there have been plenty of SB champs that didnt in the playoffs. Even being the #1 seed means getting the easiest route possible by skipping a game and always playing the worst seed so the system isnt really built to have the winner always play the best.

Sometimes a little luck is huge in whom you play. Its all about surviving 1 game to stay in the tournament. Id take an “easier” route if we could.

i sure hope we get to see Bosa and Slater back and in shape. We need those two to reinforce our depleted lines to really have a better chance at making a run at this. DJ is concerning me a bit too. We need our top guys out there to make like difficult for our opponents.
                  Im with you, I’ll leave the pride points to the macho amigos. I’ll take the weakest most hobbled most feeble team every week that i can. Its hard enough to run the gauntlet as it is and while I think our mighty Bolts can win games against most any team, its hardly the case we are such an all powerful dominant super-team colossus that we ourselves cannot be beat under any circumstance. SB Trophies never have asterisks engraved into them, its either shiny and beautiful or its not in the display case. Footballs bounce funny, margins are thin, on any Sunday … all that shit. Fuck the bravado, we’ve all seen games where a team played the best “other” team only to wage an all out battle to death and then be completely spent for the following week. our famous thriller in Miami, anyone? (grant the ice bowl Gaia a big assist as well)

I’d prefer to see the Titans than Jags in WC round, Not only do Jags have a much better offense that is starting to click, but just in terms of what the Titans used to be famed for, their “toughness”, as I watch them play the Jags just look tougher now too. Titans are fading and folding fast, I won’t be shocked if they slide out of the playoffs entirely.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

I can see that unlikely triple-play that allows us to clinch THIS WEEK happening. Card #1 already fell. Jets are horrible now, it’s baffling watching them now how they even won 7 games. That guy was being touted coach of year back in October lol …

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                      I can see that unlikely triple-play that allows us to clinch THIS WEEK happening. Card #1 already fell. Jets are horrible now, it’s baffling watching them now how they even won 7 games. That guy was being touted coach of year back in October lol …
                      For the four team parlay for the Bolts to make the playoffs -for me the toughest one was the Chargers beating Colts - because it is the Chargers

But of the three other games -I thought the Jets had the best chance to win. I just am not sure the Patriots can keep up with the Bengals unless weather is a factor. And I think the emotion for the Steelers will carry them for that game.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

For the four team parlay for the Bolts to make the playoffs -for me the toughest one was the Chargers beating Colts - because it is the Chargers

But of the three other games -I thought the Jets had the best chance to win. I just am not sure the Patriots can keep up with the Bengals unless weather is a factor. And I think the emotion for the Steelers will carry them for that game.
                        To me the most uncertain of them is the Steelers, i hate to count on the Steelers to do anything. But in isolation, its odds on they will. We’ll see - if not this Monday thats fine too. The only really important thing is for them to win v Colts. Just win and nothing else will matter, i expect they only need 2 wins to get in, 3 will be a lock and might get 5 seed, i thing 4 wins WILL get the 5 seed but if its already clinched I preserve players the last week vs playing all out for #5.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Friendly reminder... The Jets/Patriots/Titans/Ravens/Dolphins aren't nearly as good as us. We are getting healthier/better (surprise!) every week. I know I sound like a broken record but, once we get healthy, we can beat anyone in the playoffs. The are no dominant teams in the NFL this year.

Comment

Working...
                          X