Clear All
  • KrazyLegs
    Registered Dude
    • Sep 2018
    • Westminster, MA
    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Wasn't that Kevin Mawae in Tenessee?
    Ordered by that doosh canoe Jeff Fisher.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

As soon as the Colts brought in Matt Ryan I knew Reich was getting fired. They thought they were getting Philip Rivers all over again. Uh, no.

I feel sorry for Reich. When he had Luck in 2018 they had a very good season. Same when he had Rivers in 2020. He's a good coach who should get another opportunity, with a team that will allow him to coach a quarterback in his prime or an up-and-coming rookie picked in the first round.

Until that happens, I would welcome him back here as the offensive coordinator. I would even consider him as a head coach if Staley gets fired, but there are a few other possible candidates I would be more interested in.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Jim Irsay at the press conference introducing Jeff Saturday as coach said his role model in the NFL is Al Davis. :shock:

One Colts fan on Irsay's state of mind: "He is not a great witness to his own reality."

Irsay blasted analytics at the press conference. Reich was heavily invested in analytics, according to an Indianapolis beat writer.

Comment

• SBbound
          Casual fanatic
          • Feb 2019
          • Merced/San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
          As soon as the Colts brought in Matt Ryan I knew Reich was getting fired. They thought they were getting Philip Rivers all over again. Uh, no.

I feel sorry for Reich. When he had Luck in 2018 they had a very good season. Same when he had Rivers in 2020. He's a good coach who should get another opportunity, with a team that will allow him to coach a quarterback in his prime or an up-and-coming rookie picked in the first round.

Until that happens, I would welcome him back here as the offensive coordinator. I would even consider him as a head coach if Staley gets fired, but there are a few other possible candidates I would be more interested in.
          That is an interesting premise if we move on from Lombardi in the offseason.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

So the Colts fired their offensive coordinator last week and their head coach this week. They have no one on the staff who has called plays in an NFL game now. Raiders approaching Chiefs in their timing of playing opponents at the best possible time.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
              So the Colts fired their offensive coordinator last week and their head coach this week. They have no one on the staff who has called plays in an NFL game now. Raiders approaching Chiefs in their timing of playing opponents at the best possible time.

TG
              When they only scored 3 points in last weeks game does it really matter at this point in time. LOL!
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Thought this was a very interesting video commentary on the Jeff Saturday hiring. Give him an easy year to learn with zero expectations when everyone knows the Colts aren't going anywhere this year. I find the mention of analytics interesting. You can't lead a team based on stats alone.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sdchrgrboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2021
                  • San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                  Thought this was a very interesting video commentary on the Jeff Saturday hiring. Give him an easy year to learn with zero expectations when everyone knows the Colts aren't going anywhere this year. I find the mention of analytics interesting. You can't lead a team based on stats alone.

I think this was a much better take. What an insult to other coaches out there.
                  https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...es/8294338001/

If you want to truly understand why the hiring of Jeff Saturday as interim head coach of the Indianapolis Colts is an insult, a huge one, to every Black coach in the NFL, and every potential Black coach who might someday hope to become one, look no further than a man named Marcus Brady.

Brady spent nine seasons coaching for two CFL teams. He was a player in Canada for three teams. He was an offensive coordinator in the CFL. Brady, who is Black, was recently fired as the Colts' offensive coordinator.

That's fine. Coaches get fired.

But think about the logic of saying he's not good enough to be a coordinator but Jeff Saturday, with no coaching experience in the NFL or college, is good enough to be the team's interim head coach? Of course that makes no sense.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

I haven't read thru the tread, so not sure if this has been posted but the Raiders cut S Johnathan Abram, another 1st round pick of former GM Mike Mayock.

It's a good time to be someone who can't stand the Raiders. lol

Raiders releasing former first-round safety Johnathan Abram (nfl.com)
                    Last edited by Ghost of Quacksaw; 11-08-2022, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                      I haven't read thru the tread, so not sure if this has been posted but the Raiders cut S Johnathan Abram, another 1st round pick of former GM Mike Mayock.

It's a good time to be someone who can't stand the Raiders. lol

Raiders releasing former first-round safety Johnathan Abram (nfl.com)
                      It's in the AFC West thread.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I don't buy the racism slant to hiring Saturday. I think one of two things are at play:

1. Irsay is an evil genius. He does not want to get accused of intentionally tanking the season like the Dolphins owner. So instead he makes a big deal about hiring someone who is a coaching outsider and going his own way, blah blah. But he is really tanking so they can get a Qb. Brilliant.
                        2. Irsay is so far gone he no longer knows what he is doing. He has had some alleged substance issues in the past and had been pretty erratic in the past.

My money is on number 1.
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                          I don't buy the racism slant to hiring Saturday. I think one of two things are at play:

1. Irsay is an evil genius. He does not want to get accused of intentionally tanking the season like the Dolphins owner. So instead he makes a big deal about hiring someone who is a coaching outsider and going his own way, blah blah. But he is really tanking so they can get a Qb. Brilliant.
                          2. Irsay is so far gone he no longer knows what he is doing. He has had some alleged substance issues in the past and had been pretty erratic in the past.

My money is on number 1.
                          Easily number 2 - and that will unintentionally cause them to tank and he’ll still luck into a higher draft pick.

Comment

Working...
                          X