• Send PM

Raiders and Broncos should swap QB’s.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

I don't think he's totally washed, and will probably compete for a starting job somewhere. Honestly, I wouldn't mind him as a backup QB for the Chargers, if he hits free agency, but I think he'll be asking for starter money. If Raider stank is a problem, then its a no-go.
      Derek Carr and Archie Manning were tied for losing the most games by a quarterback in their first 8 seasons, with 70 losses.​

I think Derek Carr is the next perfect QB for the Colts.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by C'monchargers View Post
        Fun Facts: Bill Belichick's dad Steve Belichick authored the book title "Football Scouting Mehtod", which was consider a pioneering concept in it's time. He and Ernie Adams was roomate in college and stroke up a friendship through their interest of the book. And Ernie Now is the infamous stat man for the patriots which he took on after his days on wall street.

All said, I must ask, you guys really see the Chargers hiring Payton at this point?
        The hundreds of books, many collected by his father, that played a role in shaping the strategies and philosophies of Bill Belichick

There may not be a collection like this anywhere else in the world. On a recent afternoon in January, one of Navy’s assistant football coaches makes this point to a visitor by randomly pulling a well-worn red-jacketed book off one shelf: Oklahoma Split T Football, Bud Wilkinson, 1952. He guesses that there are notes inside. He’s right.

In black marker: “To Steve Belichick — With best wishes. Bud Wilkinson.” Above that, another message, scrawled in blue pen: “Said Napoleon — ‘Battles are won by the power of the mind.’ So are Bud’s football games.”
        In 2006, a year after Steve’s passing, Bill Belichick gifted most of their personal library to the Naval Academy, and a plaque now marks the “Belichick Collection” at U.S. Naval Academy.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by C'monchargers View Post
          All said, I must ask, you guys really see the Chargers hiring Payton at this point?
          Monday December 31st 2012

"My only goal is the Super Bowl, and that is why I have decided to move in a new direction with both our head coach and general manager positions. I am committed to our great fans, and we will do whatever we possibly can to achieve that goal," - Dean Spanos

I disagree with the above statement. I believe that Dean's #1 priority is let his son play football executive.

At the moment, Andy Reid owns the AFC West. As a matter of fact, Patrick Mahomes is 14-0 in road games against the AFC West. Sean Payton would shift balance of power - with Herbert as QB - to the Chargers, with the staff he's assembled.

​​​​​​​Sean Payton says he has interest in the Chargers + Arizona. Dean Spanos is nuts if he doesn't even want to talk to Payton.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Monday December 31st 2012

"My only goal is the Super Bowl, and that is why I have decided to move in a new direction with both our head coach and general manager positions. I am committed to our great fans, and we will do whatever we possibly can to achieve that goal," - Dean Spanos

I disagree with the above statement. I believe that Dean's #1 priority is let his son play football executive.

At the moment, Andy Reid owns the AFC West. As a matter of fact, Patrick Mahomes is 14-0 in road games against the AFC West. Sean Payton would shift balance of power - with Herbert as QB - to the Chargers, with the staff he's assembled.

​​​​​​​Sean Payton says he has interest in the Chargers + Arizona. Dean Spanos is nuts if he doesn't even want to talk to Payton.
            It isn't happening. Besides, you are the one who pined for Staley hard. You ready to give up on him?

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

In light of the recent news regarding Carr I'm resurfacing bold prediction I made for 2023 before this season:
              trade:
              Ravens get Carr and Adams
              raiders get Lamar Jackson

Give or take.
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• SBbound
                Casual fanatic
                • Feb 2019
                • Merced/San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                I really hope Chargers play Chiefs again......in the AFCCG.
                Even better to play and beat the Chiefs in the divisional round, then host the Ravens in the AFCCG at SoFi.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Can't see Derek Carr signing to be a backup pretty much ANYwhere. He's better than half the QBs in the NFL
                  Agree - he won’t, and he is better than probably 10, maybe even over half.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Derek Carr and Archie Manning were tied for losing the most games by a quarterback in their first 8 seasons, with 70 losses.​

I think Derek Carr is the next perfect QB for the Colts.
                    He is head and shoulders better than anyone on their roster, thats for sure. Archie played a flamboyant popular style but was always overrated imo.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SBbound View Post

Even better to play and beat the Chiefs in the divisional round, then host the Ravens in the AFCCG at SoFi.
                      You really see the Ravens surviving that far? They don’t seem like the old Ravens to me, maybe I’m missing something.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

It isn't happening. Besides, you are the one who pined for Staley hard. You ready to give up on him?
                        He asked a question.

I answered.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                          In light of the recent news regarding Carr I'm resurfacing bold prediction I made for 2023 before this season:
                          trade:
                          Ravens get Carr and Adams
                          raiders get Lamar Jackson

Give or take.
                          Not bad but we are talking about McDaniels here. I say he goes after Jimmy G.

Carr to Bucs? Saints, Colts, Jets?
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-29-2022, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X