lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    It was a thumb injury.
    Bucky Brooks questions McVay.
    Sean shops at Quality Trim.
    Maybe LAR HC is full of himself.
    I think you’re last sentence is definitely true.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      It might just came down to Goff not getting along with McVay. Kroenke is still trying to win LA, and the team knew from someone that interviewed for the Lions GM position that Stafford was on the way out.
      That was public knowledge.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I think you’re last sentence is definitely true.
        Maybe but who isn't....I think McVay was tired of tutoring Goff about things he should be handling at this point in his career. Goff seems a bit dense IMHO!

:hello:
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• IMO, the Rams overpaid for Stafford. Stafford is better than Goff, but the difference is between a mid level QB (Stafford) and an upper low level to lower mid level QB (Goff). It is not as great as the consideration given (two first round picks and a third round pick).

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Stafford is good for a team like the Rams who have a defense that can carry the team (unless the DC gets plucked away for a HC gig of course). The 49ers are another team that could win it all with a QB such as Stafford because of their run game and defense. I dare say the Rams could have scored more than 3 points in the Super Bowl with Stafford at QB, and I think 49ers offense wouldn't have folded in the SB with Stafford like it did with Jimmy G. I wonder where Deshaun Watson will land and I wonder if a team like the 49ers offered the right deal to Miami for Tua, if the 'Fins would make that trade and use Houston's No. 3 to draft Fields.

Comment

• Parcells
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I personally don’t think Tua has a ton of value right now (and I was someone who wanted Tua over Herbert). But Tua just looked bad in a majority of his starts. Sure, he might turn it around. But right now, I don’t think another team in the NFL is giving up a first round pick for Tua. And if I’m the Dolphins, I’m trying to land Watson for Tua and the #3 pick.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                I personally don’t think Tua has a ton of value right now (and I was someone who wanted Tua over Herbert). But Tua just looked bad in a majority of his starts. Sure, he might turn it around. But right now, I don’t think another team in the NFL is giving up a first round pick for Tua. And if I’m the Dolphins, I’m trying to land Watson for Tua and the #3 pick.
                That's an interesting scenario - trading a pick back to the team you acquired it from. Has that ever happened before? Certainly not a top 10 pick.

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post
                  IMO, the Rams overpaid for Stafford. Stafford is better than Goff, but the difference is between a mid level QB (Stafford) and an upper low level to lower mid level QB (Goff). It is not as great as the consideration given (two first round picks and a third round pick).
                  Rams go seven consecutive draft classes without owning a first-round pick. Yet they made it to the SB and missed playoffs only 1 time in last 4 seasons. Clearly the trade works for their system since they save time and money in trying to draft a QB. Stafford is an improvement over Goff. Remainder of Goff's contract (and cap hit) is the Lions' responsibility now. Trying to find a trade partner in the first place is a win. They can now focus attention on finding mid round talents to coach up.

Dammit right when the Chargers were going to eclipse the Rams too.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Rams go seven consecutive draft classes without owning a first-round pick. Yet they made it to the SB and missed playoffs only 1 time in last 4 seasons. Clearly the trade works for their system since they save time and money in trying to draft a QB. Stafford is an improvement over Goff. Remainder of Goff's contract (and cap hit) is the Lions' responsibility now. Trying to find a trade partner in the first place is a win. They can now focus attention on finding mid round talents to coach up.

Dammit right when the Chargers were going to eclipse the Rams too.
                    The Rams Are the Most Fascinating Team-Building Experiment in the NFL

To your point, this is a very good read that delves into the strategy and history of trading picks to build good rosters. The 2011 rookie cap has made draft picks more valuable, because they are cheaper, but the Rams defy that, like Bobby Beat hard did to build a dy nasty in Wash.

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      The Rams Are the Most Fascinating Team-Building Experiment in the NFL

To your point, this is a very good read that delves into the strategy and history of trading picks to build good rosters. The 2011 rookie cap has made draft picks more valuable, because they are cheaper, but the Rams defy that, like Bobby Beat hard did to build a dy nasty in Wash.

Interesting read. One thing about 1st round draft picks are they hold a ton of value yet your dealing with more risk than a proven NFL starter. Potential drives the NFL.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        Stafford is good for a team like the Rams who have a defense that can carry the team (unless the DC gets plucked away for a HC gig of course). The 49ers are another team that could win it all with a QB such as Stafford because of their run game and defense. I dare say the Rams could have scored more than 3 points in the Super Bowl with Stafford at QB, and I think 49ers offense wouldn't have folded in the SB with Stafford like it did with Jimmy G. I wonder where Deshaun Watson will land and I wonder if a team like the 49ers offered the right deal to Miami for Tua, if the 'Fins would make that trade and use Houston's No. 3 to draft Fields.

Here is the question - with the Rams cap situtation - will they have the same defense they had in 2020
                        Troy Hill, John Johnson, Floyd and Samsom E are all free agents

Doesn't mean they don't go back to the Rams but the Rams have some major work to do to get under the cap let alone sign some of these guys back. So Stafford and the offense will have to be better. I think the media is missing on this - well the National media

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Interesting read. One thing about 1st round draft picks are they hold a ton of value yet your dealing with more risk than a proven NFL starter. Potential drives the NFL.
                          Exactly. Sometimes I wonder if it makes more sense to trade draft picks for proven players. It would create a revolving door on the roster because you'd be acquiring players in the middle of their careers. But it would be less of a gamble on betting whether the players you draft are going to be any good.

Comment

Working...
                          X