Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Again, I include MW for the cap reasons. Can't pay everybody. And if you trade for him, you start paying him THIS YEAR not in 2022.

But I am totally good keeping the picks and just drafting LT at 13
    Why not a 1 year audition? Scheduled to make peanuts?
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Why not a 1 year audition? Scheduled to make peanuts?
      Yes. Final year of rookie contract as a 3rd rounder.
      920K salary.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

The beauty of Orlando Brown Jr. was that he was a high value player, playing for $900,000/year for 3 years. That's what each team wants/needs to be in the playoffs each year. Valuable players, playing valuable roles @ cheaper prices so that you field a well-rounded team. We could have drafted OBJ... but we didn't. Do better next time.

In 2018, Ravens drafted OBJ with the 83rd pick. We chose Justin Jones with #84 pick. Ravens picked Mark Andrews with the 86th pick.
        This is why we can't have nice things.

Baltimore will either get a 2nd for Brown (via trade) or a 3rd for him (via comp pick). Either way, they get a pick to replace him cheaply. Ravens get it. And 99% guaranteed they'll draft themselves an OT with that extra 2nd/3rd... they won't leave their franchise player unprotected.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
          The beauty of Orlando Brown Jr. was that he was a high value player, playing for $900,000/year for 3 years. That's what each team wants/needs to be in the playoffs each year. Valuable players, playing valuable roles @ cheaper prices so that you field a well-rounded team. We could have drafted OBJ... but we didn't. Do better next time.

In 2018, Ravens drafted OBJ with the 83rd pick. We chose Justin Jones with #84 pick. Ravens picked Mark Andrews with the 86th pick.

Baltimore will either get a 2nd for Brown (via trade) or a 3rd for him (via comp pick). Either way, they get a pick to replace him cheaply. Ravens get it. And 99% guaranteed they'll draft themselves an OT with that extra 2nd/3rd... they won't leave their franchise player unprotected.
          Is it though! Since we seem to use PFF as the standard for performance here at TPB.....

Orlando = 76.4
          JJones = 70.6

Pretty even even though Orlando plays in the gimmick scheme in Baltimore. Wait till he signs with a team that has a scheme where he has to scoop for an outside zone, needs mobility for screens, or where he has to perform a ton of non PA passpro sets. He will fail miserably.

I do agree we need to invest in our Oline consistently and develop our prospects much better.
          I’ve been a proponent of investing a minimum of 3 draft picks every 2 years and to use FA to round out.

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

I am not understanding your point here. I certainly remember you touting OBJ, the bench press madness and stuff lol. Great call Sir ! Linsley in his draft too !

However, some things are bad decisions. Some things are fated. Justin Herbert was in the same draft as Tristan Wirfs and Jedrick Wills. Joey Bosa was in the same draft as Ronnie Stanley.

"Getting it right" does not involve 20-20 hindsight genius calls, or projecting selections that have not been made yet.

Orlando Franklin, Forrest Lamp, and Dan Feeney were consensus type moves. Here we are again, with all these clean OL prospects/UFAs available. CIN will select Penei Sewell, two years after selecting no brainer Jonah Williams.

Your new movie scripts are "Total Recall" and "Memento."

#funwithNutty

:lol:
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I am not understanding your point here. I certainly remember you touting OBJ, the bench press madness and stuff lol. Great call Sir ! Linsley in his draft too !

However, some things are bad decisions. Some things are fated. Justin Herbert was in the same draft as Tristan Wirfs and Jedrick Wills. Joey Bosa was in the same draft as Ronnie Stanley.

"Getting it right" does not involve 20-20 hindsight genius calls, or projecting selections that have not been made yet.

Orlando Franklin, Forrest Lamp, and Dan Feeney were consensus type moves. Here we are again, with all these clean OL prospects/UFAs available. CIN will select Penei Sewell, two years after selecting no brainer Jonah Williams.

#funwithNutty

Memento was an excellent movie.

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

high value player? He’s a back up now who won’t play any other position on the OL

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

#funwithNutty

My point here... is that some teams are more committed to building their OL's through the draft than others. Some teams are better at identifying OL talent than others.

You presume that I always take OL over BPA. But you forget that I liked Bosa over Tunsil and Stanley. Getting QB's, DE/OLB's, and OT's is important.
                  I liked Wirfs and Wills but understood when they went with Herbert.
                  Letting Rivers go was the right move, cap wise.

Orlando Franklin was a stupid move and far from consensus.
                  I thought Lamp was an OT. I took everyone's word that transition to OG would be seamless.
                  Feeney in the 3rd was brilliant... until it wasn't anymore. Moving on now.

Let's see if Bengals get Sewell. Jets and Dolphins might have something to say about that. Neither are shy about drafting an OT in the 1st round, either.

"Groundhogs Day"...

:smh:

:Lamp:

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

high value player? He’s a back up now who won’t play any other position on the OL
                    Back up to who... DJ Fluker...?
                    Orlando Brown Jr. will be starting OT next year... whether it's RT for the Ravens or LT for some other team is TBD>
                    Ravens got a 76.4 rated OT with the 83rd pick in the draft. TT had an 83rd pick once... Craig F-ing Mager...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

"Draft Day" starring Kevin Costner.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Is it though! Since we seem to use PFF as the standard for performance here at TPB.....

Orlando = 76.4
                        JJones = 70.6

Pretty even even though Orlando plays in the gimmick scheme in Baltimore. Wait till he signs with a team that has a scheme where he has to scoop for an outside zone, needs mobility for screens, or where he has to perform a ton of non PA passpro sets. He will fail miserably.

I do agree we need to invest in our Oline consistently and develop our prospects much better.
                        I’ve been a proponent of investing a minimum of 3 draft picks every 2 years and to use FA to round out.
                        So if you had to choose between 76.4 rated OT and a 70.6 rotational DT... you'd go DT in the 3rd again...?

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

"Draft Day" starring Kevin Costner.
                          Ridiculous movie...

Comment

Working...
                          X