• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UglyTruth
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2018
    • Send PM

Herbert isn’t one of the Chargers top problems. But his tendency to get passes deflected by DL is extremely concerning. He leads the league in that category despite being like the tallest starting QB in the NFL.

They need to work on his mechanics to fix that because there’s a no way a QB this tall should get so many of his passes knocked down.
    Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
    - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
    - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
    - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
    - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
    - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
    - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• UglyTruth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

He has a long way to go and I fear this experimental coaching staff will waste his young developmental years as I mentioned in another post.
      Lombardi is definitely not good for him. The stats Herbert’s putting up are in spite of him but most casuals don’t realize that.

- 69-74 record
      - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
      - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
        Herbert isn’t one of the Chargers top problems. But his tendency to get passes deflected by DL is extremely concerning. He leads the league in that category despite being like the tallest starting QB in the NFL.

They need to work on his mechanics to fix that because there’s a no way a QB this tall should get so many of his passes knocked down.
        There's nothing wrong with Herbert's mechanics. However, he can, and I am sure he will, learn to put a bit more touch on some passes. He does tend to rocket the ball, which entails a lower release point and a straight-line trajectory. He will learn that on some throws it is better to put a little loft on them, it's better for the receiver and the release point and arc will be higher.

Comment

• UglyTruth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

There's nothing wrong with Herbert's mechanics. However, he can, and I am sure he will, learn to put a bit more touch on some passes. He does tend to rocket the ball, which entails a lower release point and a straight-line trajectory. He will learn that on some throws it is better to put a little loft on them, it's better for the receiver and the release point and arc will be higher.
          Putting touch on passes won’t stop his passes from being deflected by the DL over and over again.

But what you said is a good point as well. He needs to take a page out of Mac Jones playbook. If Jones throws pillows, Herbert must throw stones.

- 69-74 record

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Herbert's weakest area is in reading some defenses quickly.

That is something our second year quarterback will improve on.

Or is Slayer wrong when he says "hit the Jugs ?"
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

I haven't really noticed Herbert having a low delivery. I suspect it has more to do with how many tight formations we run leaving more defenders packed close, along with a really weak right side of the line that is always getting pushed back into his face.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

If anyone thinks all NFL teams are playing by the same Covid rules you are naive. The disparity in cases between teams just doesn’t pass the smell test. And of course teams like the Patriots who never adhere strictly to any rules have no outbreaks on their squad. Coincidence? I doubt it

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Putting touch on passes won’t stop his passes from being deflected by the DL over and over again.

But what you said is a good point as well. He needs to take a page out of Mac Jones playbook. If Jones throws pillows, Herbert must throw stones.

They said Rivers threw a very catchable ball as well. He didnt have a rocket arm but i dont know if that means he had great anticipation to make it that way (which he did have good anticipation) by throwing them open as they say or he just had that touch.

In anycase Herberts arm comes in handy plenty but it dont hurt to know when to rifle one and to give the recievers a better chance on others. However i dont recall this many drops last year and Cook has had many of them while replacing Henry.

The opposing DBs dont seem to have a problem catching them.

Now speaking of Mac Jones, they may have a low drop rate this year but you cant argue 6 SB wins with Brady. Think id rather have those with more drops sprinkled in.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

There we're a few overthrown passes by Thor
                    he thought he was still throwing to Mike Williams
                    I'm not worried
                    but regarding passes deflected at the LOS
                    That's mainly because he's giving it away with his eyes
                    look at the replays
                    he'll stare down that first option (I believe the playcall is pre determined to go to the quick first or second option)
                    I've seen JH do a great job reading post snap and looking defenders off, we need to forget the quick stuff, or lessen it
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Berserker76
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                      If anyone thinks all NFL teams are playing by the same Covid rules you are naive. The disparity in cases between teams just doesn’t pass the smell test. And of course teams like the Patriots who never adhere strictly to any rules have no outbreaks on their squad. Coincidence? I doubt it
                      Yep, they probably have a "friendly" connection within the testing organization.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Exactly.Me and a friend of mine(turd fan puke)were discussing how much better rona protocols would help the NFL brass message games than even the crooked ass Refs.Look how it work for us against the Texans.Yeah they were missing players too but look who that situation actually helped.Now their 4-1 after scorin 41.Funny huh?

Comment

Working...
                          X