Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

PR probably threw less interceptions per playoff game than Tom Brady:

two against New England (two separate games), two against the Jets,.........I think that is it: zero for and against the colts.

Brady threw at least 4 interceptions in the those Charger games.
    2 of Rivers INTs against the Pats is the game he played with a torn ACL in the cold for a 46 rating. Brady only had a 66 rating but they rushed for 148 and LT tried to play but couldnt.

Playoff game the year before (McCree fumble) Rivers threw only 1 INT, Brady had 3.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

There were about a half dozen game changing mistakes on defense and STs that kept us out of a W. Parker's punt fumble among them.
      Rivers had a clean game and should have won.
      After that who knows? NE lost to Colts, Colts beat Bears in SB.
      We were in the SB ballpark talent wise. Stupid mistakes prevented our finding out.
      Staley & co are teaching details. If we get there, hopefully everyone has their minds right.
      I have always thought we’d have taken the Colts and the Bears that year.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

2 of Rivers INTs against the Pats is the game he played with a torn ACL in the cold for a 46 rating. Brady only had a 66 rating but they rushed for 148 and LT tried to play but couldnt.

Playoff game the year before (McCree fumble) Rivers threw only 1 INT, Brady had 3.
        And the year Tampa won the Super Bowl, Brady was a turnover machine.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

PR probably threw less interceptions per playoff game than Tom Brady:

two against New England (two separate games), two against the Jets,.........I think that is it: zero for and against the colts.

Brady threw at least 4 interceptions in the those Charger games.
          The McCree game, the Pats didn’t deserve to win. Chargers had them beat and gifted it to them. Shouldn’t have even been close.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Jordan Davis abusing Eagles OL in camp. I'm reading some comparisons to Aaron Donald. I also read that he lacks stamina, he was only good for about 20 snaps per game in college.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              Jordan Davis abusing Eagles OL in camp. I'm reading some comparisons to Aaron Donald. I also read that he lacks stamina, he was only good for about 20 snaps per game in college.
              We'll see. He was so dominant on early downs, pass rush DL got a lot of snaps.
              Stamina can be improved if he's motivated. So, we'll see.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

The 2021 draft analysis still to come.
                I wonder how the Chargers felt when J. Davis, K. Hamilton and K. Green were drafted at 13-14-15.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Allegedly, Tua has been tearing it up in camp and his people are predicting a big season for him.

The Miami Dolphins are heading to Tampa Bay to take on the Buccaneers to open their preseason and all eyes will be on Tua Tagovailoa.

Today marked about the fourth practice in a row that Tua has lit up the sessions for fans in attendance. Another deep pass to Tyreek Hill in tight coverage with Xavien Howard and Jevon Holland brought the fans to their feet.

Tua has been consistent and plugged in. He seems to have a solid grasp of the offense and continues to get better. Overall the entire offense has looked good so far in camp.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Allegedly, Tua has been tearing it up in camp and his people are predicting a big season for him.

The Miami Dolphins are heading to Tampa Bay to take on the Buccaneers to open their preseason and all eyes will be on Tua Tagovailoa.

Tua was a long ball thrower in college.

The big improvement for Miami is their OL. They were awful last year. I don't think they are a finished product, but it is a better group than last year. Should give Tua more time, and he really needs to set his feet.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Nothing against him, personally, so... Good for him!

I'm among those who were hoping that Tua would fall to the Chargers at the #6 pick, and I *do* think he can succeed in the NFL.

There's just no arguing the point, however, that Justin Herbert possesses a significantly better skill set, overall, than does Tua. The record breaking numbers Herb's put up in his first two seasons also speak REALLY loudly to the rarity of his talent.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

We'll see. He was so dominant on early downs, pass rush DL got a lot of snaps.
                        Stamina can be improved if he's motivated. So, we'll see.
                        I thought davis was a risky pick because he’s one of those guys that’s so talented physically that they sometimes try to get by on natural ability alone. His body at the combine was not representative of someone that’s putting in the work in the weight room and with other types of conditioning. IMO, had he tested at say 320 and cut up, he probably gets picked somewhere in the top 5. If the lights come on and he becomes more motivated he could be really special. He needs to work on his technique too.
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I thought davis was a risky pick because he’s one of those guys that’s so talented physically that they sometimes try to get by on natural ability alone. His body at the combine was not representative of someone that’s putting in the work in the weight room and with other types of conditioning. IMO, had he tested at say 320 and cut up, he probably gets picked somewhere in the top 5. If the lights come on and he becomes more motivated he could be really special. He needs to work on his technique too.
                          Jordan Davis did get a lot better as his college career went on.

As far as endurance goes, it takes a lot more energy for a 340 lb guy to run around a lot, than it does for a 300lb DL. But there are a fair number of 320 lb guys, and had he lost that much weight prior to the draft, I think you would be right about the additional interest in him.

The weight thing is also a problem with technique. It is really, really hard to be flexible enough to get in a good football stance with leverage on all the joints if there is a lot of flab in the way.

IT is worth the nearest comp for him to another NFL player was Dontari Poe, only Davis is a little bit bigger and runs a 40 time that is 0.2 seconds faster (Poe was 4.98 and Davis is 4.78). Using Poe as a comp it is worth noting that Poe only had a good season or two, and even then he was never the run defender that people thought he would be. He was good most seasons, but not great. He was more productive pass rusher, getting 4.5 sacks in 2013, 6 in 2014 and 4 in 2019 (he had 3.5 sacks in his other 5 seasons combined).

It's also worth noting that, while he dominated the Eagles C on that play, it was Cameron Jurgens, a somewhat undersized rookie C out of Nebraska, not an established NFL OL.

Comment

Working...
                          X