Has Kyle Van Noy retired?

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
      As far as I know, no. He was listed as one of the top available FAs on a list I saw.

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

Certainly he could help some team...maybe even ours?

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

Didn't the Chargers have a couple of players from the CFL a few years ago? Maybe I'm misremembering.
          No, you're not mis-remembering.

You're remembering Dontrelle Inman and Dexter McCoil.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Here are my record win-loss projections for the first four weeks of the season of every team in the AFC West, plus the Bills and Bengals, who I perceive to be the top teams in the conference and therefore rivals for top seeding in the AFC.

CHARGERS 3-1
            1 v Miami W
            2 @ Tenn W
            3 @ Minn L
            4 v LV W

CHIEFS 2-2
            1 v Lions W
            2 @ Jax L
            3 v Bears
            4 @ Jets L

RAIDERS 1-3
            1 @ Broncos W
            2 @ Buff L
            3 v Pitt L
            4 @ LAC L

BRONCOS 1-3
            1 v LV L
            2 v Wash W
            3 @ Miami L
            4 @ Bears L

BILLS 3-1
            1 @ Jets W
            2 v LV W
            3 @ Wash W
            4 v Miami L

BENGALS 3-1
            1 @ Browns W
            2 v Balt W
            3 v Rams W
            4 @ Titans L

I really don't think the Chargers will lose in Minn but I didn't want to be overly homer.

Chris Jones looks to be a long-term hold out and won't return to the team until he has to, that has to hurt the Chiefs. They will be in shootouts every week. I think the Jags will be motivated to avenge the playoff loss and I think Aaron Rodgers will out-duel Mahomes in NY. I'm not picking them to lose to the Lions next Thurs, but I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility.

I think the Raiders are going to be better than people think, but their first quarter of the season is brutal and they may be out of serious playoff contention by week 4. I'm not that confident in my pick beating the Broncos, but if I have to make a choice it's the Raiders in that game.
            ​

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
              Looked him up today, friend. He's 32 and nothing is happening. I believe he is waiting for the season to begin for a key injury and he's ready to fill. I am speculating, of course.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • New Jersey
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                No, you're not mis-remembering.

You're remembering Dontrelle Inman and Dexter McCoil.

Oh wow. Thanks, you saved me! Or at least my memory ...

​

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

49ers.png

Stat from the 1990 NFC Championship game at Candlestick Park. The 49ers did not allow a TD in 16 consecutive quarters in 4 NFC Conference Championships.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I really don't think the Chargers will lose in Minn but I didn't want to be overly homer.

Chris Jones looks to be a long-term hold out and won't return to the team until he has to, that has to hurt the Chiefs. They will be in shootouts every week. I think the Jags will be motivated to avenge the playoff loss and I think Aaron Rodgers will out-duel Mahomes in NY. I'm not picking them to lose to the Lions next Thurs, but I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility.

I think the Raiders are going to be better than people think, but their first quarter of the season is brutal and they may be out of serious playoff contention by week 4. I'm not that confident in my pick beating the Broncos, but if I have to make a choice it's the Raiders in that game.
                    ​
                    We're due on the Vikings. The losing streak to them has to be a motivation.

The Raiders will be about the same as last year. I still find their defense bad.

Chris Jones probably will do what he says about how long he will hold out. He wants a new contract, and he doesn't want to risk his body to injury for it.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Chris Jones is a big deal for KC. He's an elite DL and their best D player. KC should work something out but it suits me fine if they do not.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
                        We're due on the Vikings. The losing streak to them has to be a motivation.
                        We didn't play the Vikes last year, but we did in 2021, when they beat us 27-20. The main reason why the Vikes beat us is they both stacked the box and also brought up their safeties to prevent the Lombo short pass and ground game. They kept stuffing us and our O went nowhere, with very low TOP. I expect this to change dramatically with Moore now grinding it out on the ground, with some occasional midrange and deep throws to keep those safeties and LB's on their heels...

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

We didn't play the Vikes last year, but we did in 2021, when they beat us 27-20. The main reason why the Vikes beat us is they both stacked the box and also brought up their safeties to prevent the Lombo short pass and ground game. They kept stuffing us and our O went nowhere, with very low TOP. I expect this to change dramatically with Moore now grinding it out on the ground, with some occasional midrange and deep throws to keep those safeties and LB's on their heels...
                          '21 was a lot different for us. O, D, STs and coaches. Vikes are different and look better also.
                          Game 3, I expect our coaches to show some mental muscle. We'll have recent game tape to prepare with.

Comment

Working...
                          X