• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Pats lose top pick likely for year; reacquire vet CB in trade with Chargers … New England has confirmed that rookie CB Christian Gonzales, the Patriots first-round pick this past April, will likely miss the rest of the season after suffering a shoulder injury in the team’s loss to Dallas on Sunday. To help fill the void, the Patriots have reacquired veteran CB JC Jackson in a trade with the LA Chargers. Jackson was a perennial Pro Bowler in a previous stint with the Patriots but moved on to LA when he signed a rich free agent contract a couple of years back. However, it hasn’t gone well for Jackson on the west coast as he was facing an arrest warrant for failure to appear in court on some traffic charges, while he was benched for last weekend’s game. To complete the deal, the teams will flip late round picks in 2025 with the Chargers getting the the Patriots #6, while New England gets the Chargers 7th.​ - Great Blue North

F7m_nmzaoAApkUV.jpg

Credit to organization to make move. Telesco + Staley own this.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
      I didn't want Daboll, but I would take him over Staley. No question. The Giants were outmatched against much more talented teams in all of their losses. I didn't see any blatant coaching mistakes by Daboll.
      Really? Take away the second half of the Giants- Cardinals game and the Giants have been outscored 115-8 this season. Think about that. Daboll is responsible. And this is monumental bad coaching. They're not even competitive.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Really? Take away the second half of the Giants- Cardinals game and the Giants have been outscored 115-8 this season. Think about that. Daboll is responsible. And this is monumental bad coaching. They're not even competitive.

TG
        They overachieved, big time, last year and won a playoff game with a shit roster against a 13-4 team. Quite a contrast from blowing a 27-0 lead to the Jaguars.

The Giants got their asses kicked by three of the best teams in the NFC, so you're taking this opportunity to jump all over Daboll, the Coach of the Year in 2022. Where would our record be if we played the 49ers and Seahawks the last two weeks instead of the Vikings and Raiders? Most objective people will probably say 0-4. I'm sure most objective people will probably also guess that Daboll will be coach of the Giants longer than Staley is with us.
        ​​

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

I didn't want Daboll, but I would take him over Staley. No question. The Giants were outmatched against much more talented teams in all of their losses. I didn't see any blatant coaching mistakes by Daboll.
          I was high on Daboll until I saw him interacting with Daniel Jones on the bench after Jones threw that pick-six. Tossing the pad at him like that, that is a pretty blatant coaching mistake. No thank you. Staley isn't perfect but I'll take him over Daboll.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

They overachieved, big time, last year and won a playoff game with a shit roster against a 13-4 team. Quite a contrast from blowing a 27-0 lead to the Jaguars.

The Giants got their asses kicked by three of the best teams in the NFC, so you're taking this opportunity to jump all over Daboll, the Coach of the Year in 2022. Where would our record be if we played the 49ers and Seahawks the last two weeks instead of the Vikings and Raiders? Most objective people will probably say 0-4. I'm sure most objective people will probably also guess that Daboll will be coach of the Giants longer than Staley is with us.
            ​​
            Well I would hate to see the score if the Giants had played Miami in week one….betcha it wouldn’t be a two point loss. And I think the Titans would beat them soundly. Vikings, too. Raiders would be a toss up. Sure I’m jumping all over Daboll. They played some good teams but they were not really even competitive (115-8 and it is not just one Miami whipping Broncos game it is all three games) and so sloppy all over the field. Some of the stink comes from Daboll. He is the head coach.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              I was high on Daboll until I saw him interacting with Daniel Jones on the bench after Jones threw that pick-six. Tossing the pad at him like that, that is a pretty blatant coaching mistake. No thank you. Staley isn't perfect but I'll take him over Daboll.
              I'd take Staley over Joshy too - but the bars so low it's essentially underground . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2023
                • Send PM

Del Rio actually had them the best they were. They were building a culture.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2023
                  • Send PM

Bad trade. Just a disaster signing. Draft your DBs.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                    Bad trade. Just a disaster signing. Draft your DBs.
                    Michael Davis ia a FA after this year and from what I have seen I wouldn't resign him. Samuel has one year left on his rookie deal. Time to draft multiple DBs this year.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Last week, the Broncos started Ja’Quan McMillian in the nickel over Bassey. What’s interesting is that Essang Bassey was a core four special teams player when he wasn’t starting on defense, which makes the move a little puzzling.

Strikes me that the Chargers signed CB depth and core four special team player.

Bronco also released WR Michael Bandy.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2023
                        • Send PM

I’d sign Randy Gregory if I were Chargers perfect player to have off the edge coming with rushers being Tutu and Bosa and Mack. A guy like that could feast.

i expect Cowboys Chiefs Rams Ravens and Bengals to be in on him.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          He didn't throw it AT him. He flipped it in disgust to what was probably an assistant coach sitting next to Jones.
                          SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CHANNEL:https://www.youtube.com/user/CBSSportsWATCHCBS Sports HQ: https://www.cbssports.com/live/Paramount Plus: https://www.paramountplus.c...
                          Last edited by DerwinBosa; 10-04-2023, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X