Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chuckeezy View Post
    AJ Boyue traded for a 4th rd pick to the Donkeys. Why couldn’t the chargers do that?
    Did the Jags call LAC to vasilitate a trade?
    Do you want his $13.5 million salary and 2020 cap hit?
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

No. Chargers have bigger needs for 13.5m - like an OT in the name of Conklin or OG like Glasgow
      Plus the loss of the draft pick. Its a good trade for Denver - they had a pick from the Emmanuel Sanders trade and they have the cap space.

For me, I know CB is a need and even a WR with speed but after figuring out QB, for me its: OL, OL, IDL, LB than WR and CB.

If the Chargers upgrade the Front 7 - I can live with the DBs from last year. More so than upgrading DBs and having MEbane, Davis and Perryman all back.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Please do not calculate dollars per reception.

I can't take it anymore.
        It would be even worse to calculate Butterfingers Benji's total catches, then deduct his total DROPS, and THEN get the final figure...probably close to $2-3 mil a catch...ugh...

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Man, I had to look up this term. Originates in Eastern Europe and is similar to facilitate. At first I thought you needed Vaseline for lubrication of a contract. Ok I diverge back to topic... :>)
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I assume most of them suck, and some will be resigned. also, did you notice that list has both Scott and Drango on the OG list?

My point is simply why lock in to signing Scho if there's someone better? Scho wasn't very good and he's not under contract, he's no different than any others on this list - lets not pick based on who was the most recent guy to have a locker painted blue. Due diligence is not resigning a guy just because he was here last year.
            Wirfs can start out @RG while Pip continues to audition @RT,
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Reader and Hargrave are the 2 premiere DT FAs this offseason imv.
              would be nice if we could draft that talent up front rather than fish for it after the fact in FA,
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                Release Mebane and you make a big hole, best DT we have right now, it would truly suck to not have him in the rotation with no replacement.

Give me a plan without him.
                if that's the case, then there's an albatross 'round Telesco's neck w/the recent drafting of Jones (round 3) and Tillery (round one), and given that Brandon went round 3.... (fwiw)

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Crazy talk without a plan to replace him.
                  says the man who likes Hurts in lieu of Philip,

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

says the man who likes Hurts in lieu of Philip,
                    Taylor.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Man, I had to look up this term. Originates in Eastern Europe and is similar to facilitate. At first I thought you needed Vaseline for lubrication of a contract. Ok I diverge back to topic... :>)
                      My brain/nerve systems were scrambled a few years ago. My speech/wording patterns are jumbled. Some of my ancestral origins coming out in my word usage.

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

would be nice if we could draft that talent up front rather than fish for it after the fact in FA,
                        True

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I will seriously question Telesco if he brings back Mebane, Last year via twitter in convo with Eric Williams and he burst my bubble when he "not so fasted me" on both Mebane and Benjamin. He was right. Telesco cannot be that dumb again

Pouncey - has not been cleared to play. The best I do for Pouncey is knock his min salary down to the veterans minimum and if he healthy, incentives can be made but on March 18th - I want your cap space

Mebane - thank you for your career, it was a good one

Davis - thank you for your career

Virgil Green - this is a tough one, he doesn't count much cap space, $2.7m but can you find better

Okung - if he truly is not on board, have to move on. You cannot have 13m of cap space on a guy when FA starts and hope

All of these players are 30 or over - these are the decisions that need to be made

Okung is the guy to keep if he is on board - you need OT. I think based on what I saw of last years play and how they will be in 2020 -they can get better players for the same dollars they are currently counting on the cap (and thats all that matters)

Releasing Green, Pouncey Davis and Mebane would save $17.45m against the cap - I think Tom Telesco could find better players for that money this offseason. I truly do. As it is Scott Q is already on the roster for Center so you may not need that. Virgil at 2.7m - maybe you keep him as tough to find somebody better for under 2m probably. So that really leaves 15m for DT and LB. With 15m Tommy should be able to get TWO really good players at LB and DT.
                          reading the above post makes me wonder if the ghost of George Allen is in the building ??

Comment

Working...
                          X