• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerTrader View Post

I was thinking along the same lines... Depending how the top 5 go, a trade down may be on the table. If the top 5 are Burrow, Young, Simmons, Wirfs and Tua, and trade down could make sense.
    It would involving biting the bullet,
    and at the same time be very tempting.

All one has to do is take a peak at who would still be on the board.

The WRs alone are gonna elevate the shear numbers in terms of high grades.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Jags have 12 picks now.
      That's too many.
      They will trade up somewhere.
      Machine says #6 for #9 & #20 would be a go.
      This creates potential opportunities for LAC.
      eg. Draft Hurts at #71,
      vs trade #71 to JAC for some 4th rounders (RBs & WRs galore.)
      Oh, I like that tradedown, Wood! At #9, we still pick up a premium player, and #20, wow...the only way I DON'T do that deal is if Simmons is there at #6 still...

Comment

• JOJAX85
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Irmo, SC
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Oh, I like that tradedown, Wood! At #9, we still pick up a premium player, and #20, wow...the only way I DON'T do that deal is if Simmons is there at #6 still...
        Yeah I think we would be kicking ourselves for years and years and years if that happened. That being said, and I usually don't believe in trading out of the top 10, I could understand this trade. At 9 and 20 you should pick up 2 day 1 starters. That would be hard to turn down.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

Yeah I think we would be kicking ourselves for years and years and years if that happened. That being said, and I usually don't believe in trading out of the top 10, I could understand this trade. At 9 and 20 you should pick up 2 day 1 starters. That would be hard to turn down.
          Yep...it would be like how we passed on Polamalu or Star for lesser players...if Simmons is there though, no brainer--pull the trigger!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            Jags have 12 picks now.
            That's too many.
            They will trade up somewhere.
            Machine says #6 for #9 & #20 would be a go.
            This creates potential opportunities for LAC.
            eg. Draft Hurts at #71,
            vs trade #71 to JAC for some 4th rounders (RBs & WRs galore.)
            I like the idea of trading down with the Jags - but who would they want at 6? Brown probably drops to them at 9; Simmons - well if he is there at 6 - I say the Chargers take him. Maybe they want a QB and try to get Tua - so moving up to the Lions to get ahead of Miami.

I would be okay with getting a third for three spots in the first round - IF Simmons is gone.

Chargers could than use the extra third to move back up in the first round - from say NO at 23 to San Fran at 31 to get your QB.

I actually like that idea - IF Simmons is off the board because at 9 you can take Kinlaw or OT or WR

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

Simmons to me has to be off the board to trade out of 6. I am not moving off six unless Simmons is gone.

Comment

• ChargerTrader
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

I hope Simmons is there, but right now, I see the top 5 going this way (not factoring in any trades):
                Cinc: Burrows
                Wash: Young
                Lions: Simmons
                Giants: Wirfs
                Dolphins: Tua
                Chargers..... ?

Comment

• SYB
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                  If some HC can get Winston to stop turning it over all the time. 5000yd 33TD isn't easy to do.
                  What about Saints on 3/18m to back up Brees. They could hit big if he figures out how to slow down on the turnovers.

For what ever reason, they believe the that gadgety Taysum Hill is the answer once Drew hangs 'em up. I think the Steelers would be his best shot at replacing an aging QB. Rapelisberger is coming back form a major injury at an advanced age, and they love to chuck the ball around the yard. And I think that Tomlin would be a good HC for getting through to him. Not to mention that Pitts backup QB's are fucking horrible.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

I hope Simmons is there, but right now, I see the top 5 going this way (not factoring in any trades):
                    Chargers..... ?
                    Lions traded Slay to the Eagles....Okuda has to look real good about now. Though, if the Lions are smart, and it goes down like I think it will, they will be trading back to 5 or 6, where they will still get their guy.
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

For what ever reason, they believe the that gadgety Taysum Hill is the answer once Drew hangs 'em up. I think the Steelers would be his best shot at replacing an aging QB. Rapelisberger is coming back form a major injury at an advanced age, and they love to chuck the ball around the yard. And I think that Tomlin would be a good HC for getting through to him. Not to mention that Pitts backup QB's are fucking horrible.
                      I think you got a good idea - Winston in Pittsburgh makes a lot of sense. Can sit behind Ben a year or two; will be a different offense, run based, play defense. Might not throw as many interceptions. And yes, Tomlin would be good for him. They only have that Duck guy or Mason Rudolph - so Jameis to Pitt makes a LOT of sense. Unless he goes to NE.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Chargers..... ?
                        I think you are pretty on target, except I expect the Fins to take Herbert.
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          BetterToday ThanYesterday
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think you got a good idea - Winston in Pittsburgh makes a lot of sense. Can sit behind Ben a year or two; will be a different offense, run based, play defense. Might not throw as many interceptions. And yes, Tomlin would be good for him. They only have that Duck guy or Mason Rudolph - so Jameis to Pitt makes a LOT of sense. Unless he goes to NE.
                          I concur. Winston is a Steelers-reclamation project type QB. When big Prima Dona finally deigns to retire, they can turn to him. And big Prima Dona gets hurt with regularity with various boo-boos winston can step in. Seems like a perfect match.

Tg
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X