Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yes, we need IDL help. Tillery didn't exactly impress last season...
    Gees, give the guy a break. He suffered a shoulder injury that impeded his development last season. I'd like to see what he can do with a full season. Besides, TT won't let them cut a guy from ND!
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
      I had Facyson in mind. I thought he was real bad the first couple of games he played in but improved with playing time so I hold out hope for him.
      If Facyson is a starter next year for the Chargers, or any team, it will be a very bad sign.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'd like us to look for an outside corner in rounds 2-3...big PON, and Hayward isn't exactly a spring chicken...need quality depth...
        True... He is 30 lol

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
          Day One...
          • Mar 2019
          • Brentwood, 94513
          • Send PM

From FB to here, when I see the lack of love for Tillery, it's astonishing. Not all rookies bust onto the scene. A maturation process has to happen.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Well he was the worst graded guy in his position last year.Were all hoping he comes to life this season tho.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

If Facyson is a starter next year for the Chargers, or any team, it will be a very bad sign.
              I don't think anyone expects him to be a starter - he's a backup.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Gees, give the guy a break. He suffered a shoulder injury that impeded his development last season. I'd like to see what he can do with a full season. Besides, TT won't let them cut a guy from ND!
                Tillery was not a good player as a rookie. The shoulder, lack of camp & team practices were a handicap. All true.
                He projects as a 3T pass rusher. He will definitely get a chance to step up.
                Joseph may be the NFL's best NT but is not a long term answer in his 11th year. Currently out best (only?) shot at interior run D, strong DT play in 2020.
                Jones was a 4-5th rd prospect we took with a 3rd. Looks like a usable rotation player at 3T.
                Broughton is a 7th rd guy with a chance to stay. Currently- DT depth.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Tillery was not a good player as a rookie. The shoulder, lack of camp & team practices were a handicap. All true.
                  Joseph may be the NFL's best NT but is not a long term answer in his 11th year. Currently out best (only?) shot at interior run D, strong DT play in 2020.
                  Jones was a 4-5th rd prospect we took with a 3rd. Looks like a usable rotation player at 3T.
                  Still like Broughtons prospects. Hope he makes a big jump this season.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

I'm not unhappy with where Justin Jones was drafted. I think he has played up to his draft position.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Broughton is fighting for his job if TT brings in another guy. Sad but true.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Broughton is fighting for his job if TT brings in another guy. Sad but true.
                        Absolutely true. This is the desired result. Having good (potentiality in Cortez’s case) fighting for roster spots not starting jobs.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

Patriots new uni's are out: think Ole Miss!
                          Shoulder stripes are just brutal.
                          I've not seen one new uni worth a s**t so far.
                          Don't let us down Bolts............oh, wait a minute.........

Comment

Working...
                          X