• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SYB
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    The Chargers have the third fewest players under contract (58)
    with only the Rams and Ravens enjoying greater flexibility.

There will be quite a dash for UDFA's
    at the conclusion of this draft.

Agreed. Especially with the amount of high end talent in the draft, coupled with the lack of pro days for a lot of these small school kids to show out at. And then there's the one's who may be coming off injury and haven't been able to have teams Dr's get their hands on them to see where they're at physically.

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

The Texans have agreed to terms with left tackle Laremy Tunsil on a three-year extension for $66 million with $57.85 million guaranteed, Ian Rapoport and Steve Wyche report.

Probably wishing we'd made a play for one of the veteran OT's.
      That has pushed the price of an LT out of our market.
      Trey Pipkins here we come!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Reading through Jason from OTC.com via twitter and there was a note that the Broncos haven't officially signed Melvin Gordon yet. And my first thought was "the Broncos are trying to screw the Chargers out of the Rivers 3rd round comp pick" if Gordon doesn't sign until after April 27.

There was also a blurb how if the Patriots cut Phillips by a certain date - that could also screw the Chargers out of comp pick

Jason and Nick Kortos - said the Chargers could cut Nick Vigil by week 10 or limit his snaps.

I call bull s**t!! This happened last year when Philon got busted in August, the Chargers lost a comp pick for Tyrell

There should be no way the Broncos, who I believe have announced Gordon - should be able to screw over the Chargers. And reading through the thread, both Kortos and Jason think if Denver does indeed sign with the Broncos - he will count and they won't be able to screw the Chargers

and there should be no way in hell Adrian Phillips making 3m should override Rivers making 25m when the Chargers have lost guys like Watkins, Dzubnar, Benjam - those guys should count against Phillips

and this is also why I say if Des King is not in your long term plans and you can get decent value for him today - do it - the comp pick process is stupid.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Agreed. Especially with the amount of high end talent in the draft, coupled with the lack of pro days for a lot of these small school kids to show out at. And then there's the one's who may be coming off injury and haven't been able to have teams Dr's get their hands on them to see where they're at physically.
          I read the same thing about how the Chargers have many options for UDFAs - which is good. Like you said might get a diamond or two in the rough. I would actually look for a guy that might be a potential IR candidate actually.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
            Reading through Jason from OTC.com via twitter and there was a note that the Broncos haven't officially signed Melvin Gordon yet. And my first thought was "the Broncos are trying to screw the Chargers out of the Rivers 3rd round comp pick" if Gordon doesn't sign until after April 27.

There was also a blurb how if the Patriots cut Phillips by a certain date - that could also screw the Chargers out of comp pick

Jason and Nick Kortos - said the Chargers could cut Nick Vigil by week 10 or limit his snaps.

I call bull s**t!! This happened last year when Philon got busted in August, the Chargers lost a comp pick for Tyrell

There should be no way the Broncos, who I believe have announced Gordon - should be able to screw over the Chargers. And reading through the thread, both Kortos and Jason think if Denver does indeed sign with the Broncos - he will count and they won't be able to screw the Chargers

and there should be no way in hell Adrian Phillips making 3m should override Rivers making 25m when the Chargers have lost guys like Watkins, Dzubnar, Benjam - those guys should count against Phillips

and this is also why I say if Des King is not in your long term plans and you can get decent value for him today - do it - the comp pick process is stupid.
            Sorry, with all the wideouts our division rivals have drafted, trading King would be stupid right now.

Focus should be on our opponents than comp picks.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Sorry, with all the wideouts our division rivals have drafted, trading King would be stupid right now.

Focus should be on our opponents than comp picks.

If you could have got Trent Williams - I think trading King made sense. Not now - Trent is gone .

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If you could have got Trent Williams - I think trading King made sense. Not now - Trent is gone .
                Well, to you anyways. Could of just traded a 5th and a pick next year.....like SF did. He still costs a lot and we dont really have the cap for him and still be able to sign players after the draft or for when we have injuries.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Ill stick this thread back up after the draft gents and ladies.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....halo!!!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

I just saw the list of free agents from @Jason_OTC (below) - and if the Chargers are not spending big on Peters, I think I would throw 5-6m at a guy like Golden - just come in and get after it. Maybe Ziggy Ansah on an incentive laden deal. Mike Daniels maybe for DT/ I would say Clowney but that could be in the 12-15m range

Chargers got the cash - zero reason to not give a bit on a one year deal Never can have too many pass rushers

Jadeveon Clowney Jason Peters Logan Ryan Ziggy Ansah Tramon Williams Darqueze Dennard Kelvin Beachum Eli Apple Markus Golden Jabaal Sheard Michael Bennett Mike Daniels Lamar Miller Aqib Talib

Comment

• Pointyearedog
                      Humble Chargers Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Golden Hill
                      • Medical Devices Operations
                      • Send PM

I just saw a snippet of an article that Winston is going to sign with the Saints.
                      "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." --Frank Zappa

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Pointyearedog View Post
                        I just saw a snippet of an article that Winston is going to sign with the Saints.
                        thats a really smart signing by Winston personally. Sit behind Brees, learn from Payton and Brees.

Comment

• Pointyearedog
                          Humble Chargers Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Golden Hill
                          • Medical Devices Operations
                          • Send PM

Plus, the upside to that is knowing Brees retirement is imminent and Winston and Hill can compete for that QB spot once Drew is gone.
                          "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." --Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
                          X