• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The guy being interviewed here called Sam Bankman-Fried, the founder and CEO of FTX, a fraud several months ago. FTX is the crypto exchange that had an NBA naming rights deal and Tom Brady as its pitchman that went down in flames a few weeks ago. At 4:44 of this vid, the CNBC interviewer asks this guy if he's surprised so many people got taken in by what apparently was akin to a Ponzi scheme. He says,

"No I'm not. When you have the greatest quarterback of all time and his supermodel wife doing a commercial, picking up the phone and saying 'are you in?' To me it looks like a pump and dump scheme...People get very influenced by people like Tom..."

I'm concerned about how many young athletes in the NFL got taken by FTX and if any of them had their fortunes wiped out. Herbert, for example, has talked about crypto in the past. I wonder how much he has invested. Fortunately for him, his biggest payday is yet to come. Some NFL players, such as OBJ apparently, took their entire salaries last year in crypto.

Aaron Rodgers, Trevor Lawrence, and Tom Brady lead the list.

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
      Steph Curry was in it as well

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
        Remember when Russell Okung took his whole salary in Bitcoin?

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yup. He was the main yahoo I thought of.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I've yet to hear about anyone who got actual money by selling any Bitcoin or any crypto. Plenty of stories of those who can't. I really haven't paid any attention to crypto, just wasn't interested.
            Bitcoin was a big thing in my area of the Bay I was working at when it was well under $1000. Dudes were going nuts trying to buy in. I recall it being somewhere around 6 to 700 hundred.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              I've yet to hear about anyone who got actual money by selling any Bitcoin or any crypto. Plenty of stories of those who can't. I really haven't paid any attention to crypto, just wasn't interested.
              Bitcoin was a big thing in my area of the Bay I was working at when it was well under $1000. Dudes were going nuts trying to buy in. I recall it being somewhere around 6 to 700 hundred.
              A friend's son who had just graduated college and got a job as a software engineer way back in 2008-09 was taking all or a large portion of his salary in Bitcoin. It was the first time I'd heard of it. His dad - my friend - was pretty worried about it. But the kid got in early and cashed out with a nice little fortune. That is the only happy story I personally know of involving crypto. Warren Buffet called it rat poison squared way back when and I've always avoided it.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

The Jets are one of the teams standing in the way of the Chargers and a wildcard berth. But they have a severe QB problem, they've benched Zach Wilson and are going with Mike White who started the season third on the depth chart. They also have Joe Flacco. But IMO the Jets aren't going to stay in the playoff race with either of those guys. Zach Wilson's maturation and eventual ris being compared to Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

The Jets are one of the teams standing in the way of the Chargers and a wildcard berth. But they have a severe QB problem, they've benched Zach Wilson and are going with Mike White who started the season third on the depth chart. They also have Joe Flacco. But IMO the Jets aren't going to stay in the playoff race with either of those guys. Zach Wilson's maturation and eventual ris being compared to Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell.

Zach's workout was a knockout. This is this kid's wakeup call. It isn't coaching either, it is a distinct possibly that he has developed the yips.

Let Joey describe the symptoms of a QB with the yips.

Joey Bosa.png

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Left on Jets schedule:

Minnesota, Buffalo, Seattle, Miami...
                    This is a 9-8 team... just like the Patriots... just like the Bengals...

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2020
                      • Oklahoma
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                      Left on Jets schedule:

Minnesota, Buffalo, Seattle, Miami...
                      This is a 9-8 team... just like the Patriots... just like the Bengals...
                      agreed, Bengals may have the toughest schedule left in the whole league.... I am holding off on them for an AFC Future bet
                      Won't be surprising to me if Chargers, Bengal, Pats, Jets all finish 9-8

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Yes but they have a good defense and we don't. Flacco could be just enough. We'll see about White.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Back in June of this year, Okung's Bitcoin worth was $16 mil...after the June Bitcoin crash, he was only worth $5 mil...oops...and since June, when BTC was worth $22k, it's slipped to around $16k...double oops...and with this recent FTX scandal, I don't think Bitcoin and the other Craptocurrencies have bottomed out as new revelations come out daily about which corporations and governments were heavily invested and levereged in Crapto...buckle yer seatbelts...triple oops...

Okung's Bitcoin woes: https://www.celebritynetworth.com/ar...went-negative/

Comment

Working...
                          X