Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

You can't argue with success.
    All data calls me a liar, but I just can’t bet on LJ for some reason … idunno … he wins and wins and wins and yet I’m not close to being sold he’s a franchise QB. I’m an idiot.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Still a shit ton of money!
      To us mortals . . . . . .

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

LT wants Zay Flowers

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
          LT wants Zay Flowers
          Me too....or Kincaid

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

All data calls me a liar, but I just can’t bet on LJ for some reason … idunno … he wins and wins and wins and yet I’m not close to being sold he’s a franchise QB. I’m an idiot.

I'm in this boat as well. As far as I'm concerned he's 1 rolled ankle from mediocrity. I think he's a great athlete, a good running back, and an average QB. He's fortunate to play for a great organization and a terrific head coach.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

A lot of people were high on Patrick Queen:

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...naltohxjoz37yv

1. Pittsburgh Steelers
                • Grade: A+
                Draft picks: OT Broderick Jones, CB Joey Porter Jr., DT Keeanu Benton,TE Darnell Washington, LB Nick Herbig, CB Cory Trice, G/OT Spencer Anderson

Analysis: The Steelers crushed the first draft with GM Omar Khan. They filled their two biggest needs, a pass protector for Kenny Pickett and a big cover man to help Patrick Peterson. Jones and Porter were both first-round talents. Washington is a great No. 2 as a blocker and the Wisconsin 1-2 punch of Benton and Herbig will provide Badger T.J. Watt with upfield support.

2. Philadelphia Eagles
                Draft picks: DT Jalen Carter, EDGE Nolan Smith, OT Tyler Steen, S Sydney Brown. CB Kelee Ringo, QB Tanner McKee, DT Moro Ojomo

Analysis: The Eagles added three more Georgia defensive stars to tackle Jordan Davis and linebacker Nakobe Dean, who will be key second-year starters on the front seven. Carter and Smith are great explosive complements to Carter and Brandon Graham. Ringo will be groomed well behind Darius Slay and James Bradberry.

Steen was a good future stash up front and Brown can help offset the loss of C.J. Gardner-Johnson. A bonus was using some draft capital to address running back with a trade for D'Andre Swift. McKee also gets them on the board with a developmental backup QB.

3. Indianapolis Colts

Draft picks: QB Anthony Richardson, CB Julius Brents, WR Josh Downs, OT Blake Freeland, DT Adetomiwa Adebawore, CB Darius Rush, S Daniel Scott, TE Will Mallory, RB Evan Hull, LB Titus Leo, CB Jaylon Jones, OT Jake Witt

Analysis: GM Chris Ballard stuck to his guns with the big-arm and super-athletic upside of Richardson, the highest-ceiling QB in the class. Brents and Adebawore were exceptional values to improve defensive weaknesses. Downs is a needed extra big playmaker for Richardson, while Freeland has a chance to start at either tackle soon. Mallory and Hull were good depth for that side, too. Rush, Scott further increase secondary depth well behind Brents and Jones was another steal there.

28. Los Angeles Chargers
                • Grade: C-

Draft picks: WR Quentin Johnston, DT Tuli Tuipulotu, LB Daiyan Henley, WR Derius Davis, G Jordan McFadden, DT Scott Matlock, QB Max Duggan

Analysis: This draft didn't make a ton of sense for Tom Telesco outside of the best pick, Tuipulotu and the highest-upside pick, Henley. Johnston was the wrong type of wideout to add in the mix for Justin Herbert, and then they doubled down on TCU types with Davis. Getting the Horned Frogs undraftable QB, Duggan, also was ridiculous. This wasn't the needed draft for a playoff contender, which also missed a running back given the concerns with Austin Ekeler.

​----------------------

Couple of things with post-draft grades; I view immediate post-draft grading as a commentary on the team's draft class as a whole, the grades themselves are arbitrary and a simple value-focused commentary on the overall group. I'll restate that it takes 5 years to accurately get a feel for the draft class.

That said, I really love the Steelers draft class.

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                  https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...naltohxjoz37yv

1. Pittsburgh Steelers
                  Draft picks: OT Broderick Jones, CB Joey Porter Jr., DT Keeanu Benton,TE Darnell Washington, LB Nick Herbig, CB Cory Trice, G/OT Spencer Anderson

Analysis: The Steelers crushed the first draft with GM Omar Khan. They filled their two biggest needs, a pass protector for Kenny Pickett and a big cover man to help Patrick Peterson. Jones and Porter were both first-round talents. Washington is a great No. 2 as a blocker and the Wisconsin 1-2 punch of Benton and Herbig will provide Badger T.J. Watt with upfield support.

2. Philadelphia Eagles
                  Draft picks: DT Jalen Carter, EDGE Nolan Smith, OT Tyler Steen, S Sydney Brown. CB Kelee Ringo, QB Tanner McKee, DT Moro Ojomo

Analysis: The Eagles added three more Georgia defensive stars to tackle Jordan Davis and linebacker Nakobe Dean, who will be key second-year starters on the front seven. Carter and Smith are great explosive complements to Carter and Brandon Graham. Ringo will be groomed well behind Darius Slay and James Bradberry.

Steen was a good future stash up front and Brown can help offset the loss of C.J. Gardner-Johnson. A bonus was using some draft capital to address running back with a trade for D'Andre Swift. McKee also gets them on the board with a developmental backup QB.

3. Indianapolis Colts

Draft picks: QB Anthony Richardson, CB Julius Brents, WR Josh Downs, OT Blake Freeland, DT Adetomiwa Adebawore, CB Darius Rush, S Daniel Scott, TE Will Mallory, RB Evan Hull, LB Titus Leo, CB Jaylon Jones, OT Jake Witt

Analysis: GM Chris Ballard stuck to his guns with the big-arm and super-athletic upside of Richardson, the highest-ceiling QB in the class. Brents and Adebawore were exceptional values to improve defensive weaknesses. Downs is a needed extra big playmaker for Richardson, while Freeland has a chance to start at either tackle soon. Mallory and Hull were good depth for that side, too. Rush, Scott further increase secondary depth well behind Brents and Jones was another steal there.

28. Los Angeles Chargers
                  • Grade: C-

Draft picks: WR Quentin Johnston, DT Tuli Tuipulotu, LB Daiyan Henley, WR Derius Davis, G Jordan McFadden, DT Scott Matlock, QB Max Duggan

Analysis: This draft didn't make a ton of sense for Tom Telesco outside of the best pick, Tuipulotu and the highest-upside pick, Henley. Johnston was the wrong type of wideout to add in the mix for Justin Herbert, and then they doubled down on TCU types with Davis. Getting the Horned Frogs undraftable QB, Duggan, also was ridiculous. This wasn't the needed draft for a playoff contender, which also missed a running back given the concerns with Austin Ekeler.

​----------------------

Couple of things with post-draft grades; I view immediate post-draft grading as a commentary on the team's draft class as a whole, the grades themselves are arbitrary and a simple value-focused commentary on the overall group. I'll restate that it takes 5 years to accurately get a feel for the draft class.

That said, I really love the Steelers draft class.

Well if this analysis is accurate this will be TT's last draft ever and sure will fit in with all his other drafts and legacy so far! The TCU aspect just seems weird at this point but who knows? What is being said here about QJ seems a bit harsh.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Well if this analysis is accurate this will be TT's last draft ever and sure will fit in with all his other drafts and legacy so far! The TCU aspect just seems weird at this point but who knows? What is being said here about QJ seems a bit harsh.
                    I have a question, based on your post: Will this be Tom Telesco's last draft?

To these eyes, if the Chargers advance to the Divisional Round of the playoffs, Telesco stays. So, Kellen Moore's acumen at developing a leading run game will be the difference in the Chargers being able to compete in the playoffs - the Chargers 28th ranked running game doomed them in the second half against Jacksonville - and the Chargers opted not to draft a RB, but to stand pat, seems to me, to smack of Telesco + John Spanos wanting Moore to 'fix' their RB room of their draft picks already on the roster.

I am left to wonder about the decision to draft Duggan when they could have drafted a RB, with the input of Moore.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

To these eyes, if the Chargers advance to the Divisional Round of the playoffs, Telesco stays. So, Kellen Moore's acumen at developing a leading run game will be the difference in the Chargers being able to compete in the playoffs - the Chargers 28th ranked running game doomed them in the second half against Jacksonville - and the Chargers opted not to draft a RB, but to stand pat, seems to me, to smack of Telesco + John Spanos wanting Moore to 'fix' their RB room of their draft picks already on the roster.

I am left to wonder about the decision to draft Duggan when they could have drafted a RB, with the input of Moore.
                      Duggan is a running back who can occasionally pass. LOL! We passed on Roschon for a track star on special teams.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

If we don't make the playoffs this season its time to say goodbye to TT and BS! That is the bar that should be set. Of course if JH doesn't play a full season that could be an excuse to retain them I suppose. You have to look at what the Bills, KC, Bengals did in the playoffs they all have franchise QB's like we do and were able to at least win a playoff game. We were one and done and if we don't make the playoffs this season. Time to bring in someone like Harbaugh and see if a HC like that with a new GM could do better. Of course first and foremost I want to see the Chargers have a deep run in the playoffs this season, but we'll see?

I kind of believe in Ekeler and Kelley with maybe Spiller being good enough to do well in Moore's O, but would have rather seen them draft a RB to add to the mix for insurance. But again TT and BS really believe our RB's have the right stuff. They could be right they could be wrong. I hope they're right.

A problem I have noticed with TT is he is constantly redrafting positions he drafts with higher picks. LBS, WR's, DL, RB, FS, ETC. ETC. That's not good.

I just want to add it would be nice if once and for all our players man up because our GM and HC is putting their faith in them and pretty much saying they believe in them. Seeing EK whine about his money, Bosa having a meltdown and Allen on that singing show is not really a good sign tho of what's to come.
                        Last edited by electricgold; 05-01-2023, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Deion Sanders tweeted Saturday that he is "ashamed" of 31 NFL teams after Jackson State's Isaiah Bolden was the lone HBCU player drafted this year.

Coach Sanders is ashamed of 31 teams, us included.

Pretty sure the last time he was this, "ashamed" of anyone it was towards his mother for working 2 manual labor jobs to support him and his siblings. At least, that's what he said during his HOF speech.

Maybe he just doesn't know what the word "ashamed" means.
                          2024: Far From Over

Comment

Working...
                          X