• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolts&noles
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
    I'm surprised no ones talking about Chris Jones holding out for half the season. Boys...the division is ripe for the pickings!

That's what they said when they traded Hill.
    they been drafting well oh and they have Mahomes and Reid still.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Hello Caleb Williams. Next years #1 pick at QB. A guy who looks pretty solid right now.

The way to win in this league is to get a QB. And tanking is the way to do it. And the best possible thing for the long term health of your franchise.
      Cards seem to be the early leaders in the Caleb sweepstakes

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Hello Caleb Williams. Next years #1 pick at QB. A guy who looks pretty solid right now.

The way to win in this league is to get a QB. And tanking is the way to do it. And the best possible thing for the long term health of your franchise.
        It sure looks like a tank, feels like a tank, and smells like a tank. My next question is what do they do about that albatross Murray contract? I see a potential exit on that deal in 2028, which is a long time from now. No other team is gonna take that trade, I’d think?
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts&noles View Post

No offense to Hill but Chris Jones MAKES that defense. All the Reid+Mahomey magic in the world ain’t gonna fix a defense that suddenly has no push or inside pressure at all. They were average D with him.

In terms of importance, Jones >>> Hill. They are gonna have to pay that man. He is top 3 to 5 in the league at a position where elite changes games.

It would be fantastic if he does wait for W8 and we miss him. Fuck the Chiefs, I said it before but will emphasize - the fucking hell with “duh, i want to beat their best…” - They can suck an egg. Make the Chiefs play 13 practice squad scrubs plus another 10 signed off the street on Tuesday for all I care.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

No offense to Hill but Chris Jones MAKES that defense. All the Reid+Mahomey magic in the world ain’t gonna fix a defense that suddenly has no push or inside pressure at all.
            Not to mention how rigged things were for KC. Mahomes and Reid are representatives of State Farm. The NFL ensured the Chiefs would go to the Super Bowl in Arizona and win it, in a stadium with the name of State Farm.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Not to mention how rigged things were for KC. Mahomes and Reid are representatives of State Farm. The NFL ensured the Chiefs would go to the Super Bowl in Arizona and win it, in a stadium with the name of State Farm.
              Wait a dammed minute.....I"M insured with State Farm......I SHOULD HAVE WON THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts&noles View Post

When they traded Hill, Mahomes was their best offensive player.
                Jones is their best D by far. If he doesn't play, they'll miss him. Guaranteed.
                It'll be more like starting a backup QB on O.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Wait a dammed minute.....I"M insured with State Farm......I SHOULD HAVE WON THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!
                  Dude! You subsidized their robbery! Might as well just buy then the getaway car straight out.

Lenin once said a Capitalist will sell you the rope to hang him with …

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

It sure looks like a tank, feels like a tank, and smells like a tank. My next question is what do they do about that albatross Murray contract? I see a potential exit on that deal in 2028, which is a long time from now. No other team is gonna take that trade, I’d think?
                    Darn good question on the Murray contract. A bad qb contract can kill a team.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Duck of Death
                      Social Piranha
                      • May 2022
                      • Flyover, USA
                      • Send PM

Nick Herbig is looking like a steal so far. That ghost move of his is filthy (shades of Von Miller), along with a whole tool bag of already well refined moves. With TJ Watt back healthy, that could be a bitch of a pass rush there in Pittsburgh.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

No offense to Hill but Chris Jones MAKES that defense. All the Reid+Mahomey magic in the world ain’t gonna fix a defense that suddenly has no push or inside pressure at all. They were average D with him.

In terms of importance, Jones >>> Hill. They are gonna have to pay that man. He is top 3 to 5 in the league at a position where elite changes games.

It would be fantastic if he does wait for W8 and we miss him. Fuck the Chiefs, I said it before but will emphasize - the fucking hell with “duh, i want to beat their best…” - They can suck an egg. Make the Chiefs play 13 practice squad scrubs plus another 10 signed off the street on Tuesday for all I care.
                        Agreed - Jones is far more valuable to KC that Hill ever was . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Mike Tomlin on why he plays starters in pre season, “it’s difficult to box without sparring”

Last edited by jamrock; 08-25-2023, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X