• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    JCJ may be on his way out in NE? It appears to me that he's a guy who got a fat guarantee and lost his motivation to play.

But after the Chargers signed Jackson away from the Patriots in free agency and quickly regretted it, the Patriots now appear less than thrilled with their decision to trade for Jackson to bring him back from the Chargers. Jackson has been one of the most disappointing players in the NFL the last couple of years, and his future remains unclear, even if Belichick isn’t cutting him. At least not yet.
    It's looking more and more like it . . . . . . . . . . . Big time FA acquisitions rarely seem to work out well, although I've been satisfied with Mack's performance. Maybe we should draft better so we're just filling in the depth chart with FA's, and not expecting them to carry the team.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
      That's cruel . . . . . . . . . . . and outstanding!

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

POTD ?
        Just might be . . . . . . . . . . I can't think of anything better offhand

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Josh McDaniels made his kids come home from trick or treating after he got called and fired. Why not let the kids have their night?

I think he has 50-60$M coming to him over the next 4 years and he doesn’t have to do anything to get it.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Something yes, but again it is very difficult to come back from a Patella injury and be the same player and he came back pretty quick from it.
            I suspect that his motivation to come back was related to his ability to continue a lucrative career - not to help the Chargers. Dude checked out mentally after (and during) the Miami game . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

That is brutal. But...I still want to unload on the stupidity that infected the Panthers' organization for drafting this guy in the 1st round, with the 1st pick. He just got beat by a UDFA rookie from a Div II school. Literally the winning difference in that game was slightly better QB by the Div II guy. And to add further indignity, the Bears own the Panthers' 1st round pick next season because Carolina traded up to draft a 5-10 QB 1st overall. And the Bears, with that pick, might be in position to draft Caleb Williams.
              All hail the Bears (General Manager) . . . . . . . . . . can we poach him? Please? Pretty please?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Just might be . . . . . . . . . . I can't think of anything better offhand
                If you give this monkey a typewriter and enough time, i might just write something good. Just don’t pressure me … i can’t work to deadlines, I’m an artist damnit!
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

I remember DJ Hayden when he came out. Drafted by the Raiders right after we took Fluker. I think some here wanted hayden. Killed in a car wreck this morning. RIP

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

It's looking more and more like it . . . . . . . . . . . Big time FA acquisitions rarely seem to work out well, although I've been satisfied with Mack's performance. Maybe we should draft better so we're just filling in the depth chart with FA's, and not expecting them to carry the team.
                    Agreed.Time for a new GM already.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                      I remember DJ Hayden when he came out. Drafted by the Raiders right after we took Fluker. I think some here wanted hayden. Killed in a car wreck this morning. RIP
                      Six people died from the wreckage, four at the scene and two at the hospital. Sounds horrific.

Former first-round pick D.J. Hayden killed in car crash at age 33 (nfl.com)

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Six people died from the wreckage, four at the scene and two at the hospital. Sounds horrific.

Former first-round pick D.J. Hayden killed in car crash at age 33 (nfl.com)
                        Nothing good happens after midnight on the streets.
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

SF is dismantling JAX
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X