• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TTThunder
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Watching HO vs BA game now...

Why HO Defense plays so well even with a first year defensive HC (while our Defense, in their 3rd year of a defensive HC, still sucks?!?)???

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• northerner
      Charger fan since '79
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

Yes it does but those days are gone. Went to a lot of those games and in a strange way it sucks that it is gone even though going over there was pretty intense as a opposing fan. Vegas is often half full or more of opposing fans and that never happened in Oakland.

BTW Oakland is well on its way to a third world shithole it’s bad and not going to get better.
      agree - their home crowd is now neutered in vegas. the arizon cardinals flooded that stadium with fans one game.

totally agree on oakland - trying to keep the A's in oakland was a giant mistake. they should have moved to fremont (or convince MLB to let them move to san jose). i am an A's fan, so that one hurt.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
        The Precious
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

agree - their home crowd is now neutered in vegas. the arizon cardinals flooded that stadium with fans one game.

totally agree on oakland - trying to keep the A's in oakland was a giant mistake. they should have moved to fremont (or convince MLB to let them move to san jose). i am an A's fan, so that one hurt.
        I’m a huge A’s fan that will follow them wherever they go and completely understand leaving Oakland at this point even with a shit owner. Good times.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

I’m a huge A’s fan that will follow them wherever they go and completely understand leaving Oakland at this point even with a shit owner. Good times.
          I am happy to have the A's coming to Vegas,... but if that owner is going to pull the same shit and not pay any of the players and just trade them, I'd rather have a other team here. But too late!

Hopefully he changes when he sees fan support

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Yes it does but those days are gone. Went to a lot of those games and in a strange way it sucks that it is gone even though going over there was pretty intense as a opposing fan. Vegas is often half full or more of opposing fans and that never happened in Oakland.

BTW Oakland is well on its way to a third world shithole it’s bad and not going to get better.
            I had a job with HQ in Emeryville and would stay up in the OAK Marriott about once a month for almost 2 yrs until last year. I wouldn’t walk 4 blocks from the hotel, i am not a fan of Oakland.

It’s a shame - could be a very nice piece of real estate …
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

LVR have same problem as LA - transplants and tourist destination. Brokers buy up the tickets for resale.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                The Precious
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I am happy to have the A's coming to Vegas,... but if that owner is going to pull the same shit and not pay any of the players and just trade them, I'd rather have a other team here. But too late!

Hopefully he changes when he sees fan support
                He’s gonna sell the minute they get settled that would be my bet. No way he’s in this for long term. What sucks is we had one the best minor league systems that was tremendous at pumping out pitcher after pitcher. All of that needs to be rebuilt and that’s not easy.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

What Would Atlanta Falcons Hiring Joe Brady Mean for Running Back Bijan Robinson? - Sports Illustrated Atlanta Falcons News, Analysis and More
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

He’s gonna sell the minute they get settled that would be my bet. No way he’s in this for long term. What sucks is we had one the best minor league systems that was tremendous at pumping out pitcher after pitcher. All of that needs to be rebuilt and that’s not easy.
                    If he sells, that works too.

Comment

• northerner
                      Charger fan since '79
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

LVR have same problem as LA - transplants and tourist destination. Brokers buy up the tickets for resale.
                      they should be renamed the ticketmaster raiders. i am sure a lot of the season ticket holders in oakland continued their season tickets. the problem is that a good number of them go on ticketmaster when they can't make the 1.5 hour flight to vegas for a game.

their inventory of season tickets were sold out in no time when they moved - my brother tried to get some (and failed). the chargers are still selling season tickets as far as i know. i was looking at some tickets at sofi last year (to add to my existing charger tickets).

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Am I the only one who thinks that it's unconscionable of NFL to schedule the LATER of today's two games for Buffalo/KC, which figures to be brutal weather? Whereas the Tampa Bay/Detroit game will be played in a dome.

Later in the day = Even colder than earlier in the day. You don't have to work for OSHA to see something wrong with this.

I've seen examples in MLB, where a game was played earlier in the day than originally scheduled, because a storm was going to be coming through the area later in the day.

Is there some credible reason that the NFL couldn't exercise this kind of flexibility? Are TV ratings the Sacred Cow, at the feet of which player safety must be sacrificed?

If re-scheduling the game's start time allows the players to play in 20 degree weather, instead of minus-15 degree weather, I would think you'd do it. /rant

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                          The Precious
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                          Am I the only one who thinks that it's unconscionable of NFL to schedule the LATER of today's two games for Buffalo/KC, which figures to be brutal weather? Whereas the Tampa Bay/Detroit game will be played in a dome.

Later in the day = Even colder than earlier in the day. You don't have to work for OSHA to see something wrong with this.

I've seen examples in MLB, where a game was played earlier in the day than originally scheduled, because a storm was going to be coming through the area later in the day.

Is there some credible reason that the NFL couldn't exercise this kind of flexibility? Are TV ratings the Sacred Cow, at the feet of which player safety must be sacrificed?

If re-scheduling the game's start time allows the players to play in 20 degree weather, instead of minus-15 degree weather, I would think you'd do it. /rant
                          It’s all about the money and adding the Taylor Swift effect is absolutely necessary and it will be endless shots of her and her entourage while Kelce gets royalties from those murderous pricks at Pfizer.

It’s all about the money.

Comment

Working...
                          X