• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

Yes I'd say 2023 KA > 2023 JH maybe 2024 as well.

JH hasn't been as good post-broken ribs and leads the league in batted down passes since, he's not the same and has had the yips in my opinion.
    I think the batted down passes was due to being directed to throw low on short and middle to reduce the risk of being INT.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I think the batted down passes was due to being directed to throw low on short and middle to reduce the risk of being INT.

It's not the 'yips' - it's because he was 'Staleyed'. Soon he'll be "Harbaughed" and be better than ever . . . . . . . .

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

It's not the 'yips' - it's because he was 'Staleyed'. Soon he'll be "Harbaughed" and be better than ever . . . . . . . .
        He'll be Harbaughing all over the yard.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Chargers8491
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

TT handing out those big contracts eating up cap space.

Raiders Ripped for Handing out Worst Contract of Free Agency (msn.com)
          1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
          2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
          3a- #66 Puni OT
          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
          4a- #105 Rice WR
          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
          5- #140 Green CB
          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Is it any wonder how we ended up in cap hell. I don't think he learned a damn thing.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

I don't know exactly how these work. Telesco wants a player and tells the cap guy what to pay or does like Maguire do that? I think he just writes the contracts

Who figures out what to spend? Is that the GM? Id guess but I don't know for sure. Maybe it's a colab of TT and JoJo. If so , good riddance to both.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Yep...Wilkins...4 years, $110 mil...TT is quickly doing for the Raiders what he did for us...just wait a year or two, and TT will be forced to unload some real bargains we can sign...and the Raiders will be paying for them!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Is it any wonder how we ended up in cap hell. I don't think he learned a damn thing.
                  Well, I dont agree with Mr Expert as I watched Wilkins actually play - he was very disruptive and a menace on the interior DL. But lets compare contract details vs pro bowl players, as its in the details that TT often screws his own pooch. l

2023 AFC PB reps
                  • Chris Jones - starter - $158M 5 yr contract signed in 2024 - $60M guaranteed
                  • Quinnen Williams - - starter - signed a $96M 4 year extension in 2023. $48M guaranteed
                  • Jeffrey Simmons - backup - signed a $94M 4 year extension in 2023. $47M guaranteed

Wilkins got $83M guaranteed, alot more than CJ (Arguably the best in the NFL), and twoce what the other two AFC PB players were guaranteed. This is similar to problems he set up in Charger contracts - that cap bomb was baked in hard and even MacGyver wouldn't be able to dig it out. If the player is a great player, you're stuck in the end of contract that cap is now double his actual worth and its guaranteed. If he is NOT A great player, you got yourself a JCJ situation

I'd still rather laugh at TT for tossing out mid-dollar contracts to QBs like lollipops to perennial backups that can't play starting QB. He should sign another couple shitty QBs and stack them one on top of the other to build one complete QB that can start. We are going to love watching him work without the luxury of a Phil Rivers and then Justin Herbert.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't know exactly how these work. Telesco wants a player and tells the cap guy what to pay or does like Maguire do that? I think he just writes the contracts

Who figures out what to spend? Is that the GM? Id guess but I don't know for sure. Maybe it's a colab of TT and JoJo. If so , good riddance to both.
                    I think it's kind of like this:

TT: Mark, we need to sign Wilkins. He wants over a hundred mil for 4 years...
                    DAVIS: Sure, go for it...

Later:

TT: Mark, we also need __________ (fill in the blank). He wants over a hundred mil...
                    DAVIS: Sure, go for it... (this times 4 or 5)

2-3 years later:

DAVIS: Tom, we're in cap hell. We can't afford any more of these pricey signings.
                    TT: I sure was hoping they'd take us to a SB by now.
                    DAVIS: You're fired...

TT and Mark Davis...THE ODD COUPLE:

image.pngimage.png

Comment

• CivilBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

He is a gun slinger of GMs

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...Wilkins...4 years, $110 mil...TT is quickly doing for the Raiders what he did for us...just wait a year or two, and TT will be forced to unload some real bargains we can sign...and the Raiders will be paying for them!
                        I feel like TT in free agency just will spend a lot of money and not understand how that player fits on the team. But if he throws enough money around, maybe it sticks

I feel like TT in the draft - unless the pick is so obvious - doesn't understand how to scout players to how they will fit on the team

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I feel like TT in free agency just will spend a lot of money and not understand how that player fits on the team. But if he throws enough money around, maybe it sticks

I feel like TT in the draft - unless the pick is so obvious - doesn't understand how to scout players to how they will fit on the team
                          Yep...either that, or TT gets influenced too much by certain coaches banging the table for certain players...remember how Lynn banged the table for K9? And now, TT may well have to deal with Mark Davis banging the table for fast wideouts like his daddy Al did...arrrr!

image.png

Comment

Working...
                          X