• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

It just hasn't been the same in Raider-land since there was a misprint in the employee handbook that said "Commitment to Effervescence".
    One positive is their new stadium. Pretty nice from our Delano hotel window.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

One positive is their new stadium. Pretty nice from our Delano hotel window.
      Allegiant Stadium: $1.9b to build, built in 3 years, natural grass field
      SoFi Stadium: $5-6b to build, built in 4 years, artificial turf :frown:

I realize SoFI has more capacity and I understand it is more multi-purpose than Allegiant. However, I'm glad that the Chargers franchise ownership did not build it. I remain dissatisfied with the decision to go with artificial turf. “It doesn’t feel great on your body. It doesn’t give like grass does and definitely isn’t soft. But it’s what we’ve got." (Joey Bosa last Sept.)

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Allegiant Stadium: $1.9b to build, built in 3 years, natural grass field
        SoFi Stadium: $5-6b to build, built in 4 years, artificial turf :frown:

I realize SoFI has more capacity and I understand it is more multi-purpose than Allegiant. However, I'm glad that the Chargers franchise ownership did not build it. I remain dissatisfied with the decision to go with artificial turf. “It doesn’t feel great on your body. It doesn’t give like grass does and definitely isn’t soft. But it’s what we’ve got." (Joey Bosa last Sept.)
        the Sofi decision to go artificial was a big mistake. I hate it, the players hate it, everyone hates it except the owners who save on landscaping

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

the Sofi decision to go artificial was a big mistake. I hate it, the players hate it, everyone hates it except the owners who save on landscaping
          Agree but the state probably loves it since there is a huge water drought. Need some rain.

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree but the state probably loves it since there is a huge water drought. Need some rain.
            Also the structural engineers that designed the stadium. The base opening for a rolling grass platform would have been a nightmare to design to meet California’s strict seismic requirements.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Also the structural engineers that designed the stadium. The base opening for a rolling grass platform would have been a nightmare to design to meet California’s strict seismic requirements.
              Open air. Would have saved them on that dumb roof

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Open air. Would have saved them on that dumb roof
                Yep...why do they need a roof? Hello!!! This IS Southern California, right? Some of the best weather in the world, and they put a dumb roof on it!!! It would be like France covering up the Mona Lisa...and still charging people to go "see" it...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Niners have grass

Comment

• CivilBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Niners have grass
                    Do they have a new stadium? I know the one they have now is open and concrete. I’m guessing it doesn’t roll in and out. SoFi is mostly steel.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Do they have a new stadium? I know the one they have now is open and concrete. I’m guessing it doesn’t roll in and out. SoFi is mostly steel.
                      Levi Stadium is like 3 or going on 4 years old and has a grass field. Only Arizona has a rollout field as their stand alone stadium.
                      The Raiders stadium does as well but that's because they share it with UNLV and they roll in the turf for that shit team lol.

That said, any team in So. Cal should be playing on grass. Gezus even the Steelers play on grass....but they have an owner who cares and listened to his players.

Comment

• SBbound
                        Casual fanatic
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Merced/San Diego
                        • Send PM

This is crazy. Your team plays in the finest stadium in the world and you guys are pissing and moaning about the Matrix turf. There is no way a natural grass field could hold up to two professional teams, let alone a third team (college) added at some point.
                        I swear if you went to a orgy you'd complain about the clam dip.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by labound View Post
                          This is crazy. Your team plays in the finest stadium in the world and you guys are pissing and moaning about the Matrix turf. There is no way a natural grass field could hold up to two professional teams, let alone a third team (college) added at some point.
                          I swear if you went to a orgy you'd complain about the clam dip.
                          True and funny.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X