• Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
    Doesn't look like the facts are really in question and wife doesn't want him charged so it will be either dropped or plead down to a misdemeanor at most.

As far as what do you have to do to get arrested AND charged? Leave enough evidence that they'll charge you on the spot.
    In a normal city yes. In Seattle? No.

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

In a normal city yes. In Seattle? No.
      When evidence contradicts your beliefs, maybe it's your beliefs that need to be revised rather than the evidence.

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

When evidence contradicts your beliefs, maybe it's your beliefs that need to be revised rather than the evidence.
        You would do well to follow your own advice first before dispensing it to others, sets a better example that way.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Chainy, can you lawyer RS out if he agrees to play for us on a vet min? Haha
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• equivocation
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

You know what, I was gonna write something, but I'll walk away. FoutsFan, you've been getting political in several posts here.

He's being "held without bail" because he was charged at 6 AM and no judge was around for a bail hearing. They very well could have charged him with what they did just so they could hold him for a bit and cool his heels. Police have a tough job and they do the best they can within the system. Very little chance he ends up with a felony conviction.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

wow oh wow. We were just discussing how he will be a good addition to the chargers roster. Now he will be a good fit in KC
              This hurts deeply. Never did I envision something like this happening with Sherman. Will wait for the facts to come out before casting judgement. And yes, I was one all on board bringing him in before this terrible story.

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Wife's 911 call said he was talking suicide. Police probably didn't have a psych around for a 5150 or w/e so charged him with something to keep him in custody.

Either drugs or CTE.

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

A judge in King County, Washington, ordered Richard Sherman to be released from custody on Thursday provided he promises to appear for future court hearings, including one Friday morning, among other conditions.

Dropped to 4 misdemeanors, released without bail.

Looks like he's been having mental health issues. Protective order in February, sounds like his wife and kids were living with her parents.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ral-conditions

Dropped to 4 misdemeanors, released without bail.

Looks like he's been having mental health issues. Protective order in February, sounds like his wife and kids were living with her parents.
                    Thank you for this update. This was so out of character something underlying triggered his breakdown. A change of scenery would be highly recommended.

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Thank you for this update. This was so out of character something underlying triggered his breakdown. A change of scenery would be highly recommended.
                      Yw. Didnt think he'd be held long.

Unfortunately this looks and awful lot like early CTE to me. They're trying out new things to help treat (Nick Hardwick article awhile back?) and I think both TMS and ketamine could help repair some organic damage. He needs to retire and take care of himself so he can take care of his family.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Yw. Didnt think he'd be held long.

Unfortunately this looks and awful lot like early CTE to me. They're trying out new things to help treat (Nick Hardwick article awhile back?) and I think both TMS and ketamine could help repair some organic damage. He needs to retire and take care of himself so he can take care of his family.
                        Very insightful and could be 100% correct.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                          Charger Fan till the end
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Carolina
                          • Send PM

Im thinking 2 bottles of alcohol with him did not help whatsoever. May have an alcohol problem. Hes not on a team and obviously struggling with things in life. I wish him nothing but the best and hope he gets help. I guess he cant get suspended at this point but id stay away until more is known.

Comment

Working...
                          X