• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts&noles View Post

This only happens when it fits narrative these days.
    Curious as to why this came out ten years later.
    Maybe he questions things that people didn't want questioned.
    so they buried him.
    Maybe not but that seems to be happening.

We shouldn't let fear control alot of things but its happening around the world as we speak.
    There was an investigation of the WFT. These emails were sent by Gruden to Bruce Allen who worked for the WFT. He sent them over a 7 year period from 2011-2018. So not really 10 years later.

Comment

• Bolts&noles
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

There was an investigation of the WFT. These emails were sent by Gruden to Bruce Allen who worked for the WFT. He sent them over a 7 year period from 2011-2018. So not really 10 years later.
      I respect Gruden for different reasons.
      So many guys in the league have done so much worse.
      Yet people sweep it under the rug.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by labound View Post
        Please please let it be Gus
        That would be epic...Gus could install the PICKET FENCE OFFENSE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          What do you all make of the Lions coach, Dan Campbell? I had the TV on muted and it looked like he was crying during his presser. So I turned on the sound. I figured maybe he had a sick parent or something. But he was crying because the Lions lost again. Not sure how I feel about that. I guess he is a raw emotion (this is the biting kneecaps coach) type of guy?

Then I saw an uncomfortable, squirming Gruden being peppered with questions about his emails. He said he doesn't want to keep being asked about it. I am sorry, but he doesn't get to make that call. Not on this one in the climate we are currently in.

TG
          “It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.”

― Jack Handy

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

I thank you all for your posts.

People are what they are. Yes they make mistakes and say stupid things at times. But their true selves come out over time.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts&noles View Post

I respect Gruden for different reasons.
              So many guys in the league have done so much worse.
              Yet people sweep it under the rug.
              F Gruden. If it was just the one email you can give him the benefit of the doubt. He made his bed he can sleep in it.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I am still trying to figure out how Dan Snyder is the owner of the WFT

And if this is from the e-mails with Gruden - one would think there are as bad or worse with the WFT

I mean Allen and Gruden were exchanging photos of the cheerleaders

So, again, Roger GOodell - why does Dan Snyder own the WFT?

As for Chucky - he made his decisions - I don't feel sorry for him. Plus he is probably getting a nice parting gift.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Quite_Frankly View Post

“It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.”

― Jack Handy
                  I wouldn’t ever say a man should never cry, not at all. But crying about game 5 of a season in which your team isn’t good and you and everyone know they aren’t good … well … I dunno. I wouldn’t cry. I just wouldn’t. It just feels like resignation, defeat, quit to me. I’d be raring to fight for week 6, not cry about week 5.

I’ve never seen Ted Lasso cry after a bad day on the pitch. He’s a positive forward looking fella … if I’m going into battle, i want to follow the guy that’s beaming positive mojo, not the guy thats crying.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I wouldn’t ever say a man should never cry, not at all. But crying about game 5 of a season in which your team isn’t good and you and everyone know they aren’t good … well … I dunno. I wouldn’t cry. I just wouldn’t. It just feels like resignation, defeat, quit to me. I’d be raring to fight for week 6, not cry about week 5.

I’ve never seen Ted Lasso cry after a bad day on the pitch. He’s a positive forward looking fella … if I’m going into battle, i wantI to follow the guy that’s beaming positive mojo, not the guy thats crying.
                    Ted Lasso had a panic attack and left the field - so whats the difference between having a panic attack and crying after a game

I actualy think from Campbell - I would rather see him cry that say some of the dumb stuff he said. Not sure who the true Dan Campbell is but the other guy seemed like a caricature of a football coach.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

I said it before and I’ll say it again. Anthony Lynn was a better HC than Jon Gruden. This news just made it more obvious.

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                        I said it before and I’ll say it again. Anthony Lynn was a better HC than Jon Gruden. This news just made it more obvious.
                        I always thought Jon gruden was more hype than substance and was a terrible head coach, however he was the terrible head coach for our rival.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                          When somebody, maybe Trotter, reported that Lynn was a candidate for USC - I thought, "he is a very good candidate for a college program."

He would be an excellent recruiter. He would be a leader of men and the players. A mentor, well respected. He could tell them, its never too late to get your degree. I was a head coach in the NFL going to online classes to finish my degree. Thats a strong message.

Comment

Working...
                          X