Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

AFCS QBs now Ryan, Tannehill, Lawrence, and ???.

Falcons now looking at Mariota.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Falcons

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Has to be some way to steal Pitts away
          they need a full rebuild and could use future picks/a Donald Parham and a K9
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

The Falcons are absolute idiots if what I hear of this deal are true. The Colts only gave up a third rounder and the Falcons have to carry a 40 MILLION dead cap hit??? If that is true, then I need to drive down to Mercedes Benz stadium and tell Arthur Blank that I am available cheap for his next GM.

I also read that the 49ers have a standing offer of 2 second rounders for Garappalo. If that is the case then the Falcons got "Emperor's New Clothes" fleeced.

At least they helped to lower the price of my Charger / Falcons ticket for this season. Thanks boys!!!!

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I’ll go, but he’ll have to pay me through the nose lol.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                Has to be some way to steal Pitts away
                they need a full rebuild and could use future picks/a Donald Parham and a K9
                I'd offer them that

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                  The Falcons are absolute idiots if what I hear of this deal are true. The Colts only gave up a third rounder and the Falcons have to carry a 40 MILLION dead cap hit??? If that is true, then I need to drive down to Mercedes Benz stadium and tell Arthur Blank that I am available cheap for his next GM.

I also read that the 49ers have a standing offer of 2 second rounders for Garappalo. If that is the case then the Falcons got "Emperor's New Clothes" fleeced.

At least they helped to lower the price of my Charger / Falcons ticket for this season. Thanks boys!!!!
                  If the Falcons had kept Matt Ryan - they would hvae had to re-do his deal and there would be have been close to $50m of dead cap space - next year. So they chose to bit the bullet, take the draft pick and move forward

The Falcons had dead money either way - it doesn't go away - and in Ryans case, just would have gotten larger on a not so good team

Its a good trade by the Falcons

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Thank goodness the Colts have Taylor to carry the load, because Ryan is waaay down the backside of his career.
                    The Falcons played us in the soccer stadium a few years ago and to this day, I can't recall seeing a performance from a veteran QB that BAD!
                    The fact Atlanta got anything for him is a plus. Granted, a $40 million hit isn't nice but hey, addition by subtraction. And looking at Ghost 's Post, sound move.

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Matt Ryan turns 37 in May. He might retire after this season.

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

OT Marcus Gannon for RT?

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Looking at some of these QB plays teams have made these past few days again makes me appreciate Herbert and how fortunate the Chargers and their fans are to have landed him so quickly after the best QB in franchise history moved on.

First, the Browns' trading for DeShaun Watson, selling their soul and their financial and draft future for a QB who brings a big dark cloud with him. The weather is already bad enough in Cleveland.

How is Matt Ryan (traded to the Colts) an upgrade over Carson Wentz? How is he an upgrade over Rivers for that matter? Three seasons, three different QBs - two of them aging veterans. I guess the owner and the GM really did not like Wentz - maybe because of his vax stance, but something about Wentz or something he did really alienated the people who matter in Indy.

How is Marcus Mariota an upgrade over Matt Ryan? I'm not sure why the Falcons would be so keen to make that move. Mariota had some moments as a back up and sometimes alternative to Carr in Las Vegans, it seemed like a role he was suited for. But he didn't make it as a starter in Tennessee; I thought he would be a career back up.

Neither of these teams were interested in trading for Baker Mayfield or Jimmy GQ; the value of these two surplus QBs has gone down; the pool of QB needy teams has evaporated down to just a few.

Again, feeling blessed for Herbert.

Comment

Working...
                          X