• Show
Clear All
  • Pointyearedog
    Humble Chargers Fan
    • May 2017
    • Golden Hill
    • Medical Devices Operations
    • Send PM

Thanks Jim! Are you from Sonora, CA? I have a relative there or did recently, and some friends that live in Chinese Camp. Love that area!
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." --Frank Zappa

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Okay - You're #4 - but you could be #3 if you try harder! ")
      Lol, I’m pretty sure I got the #1 spot.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Pointyearedog View Post
        Thanks Jim! Are you from Sonora, CA? I have a relative there or did recently, and some friends that live in Chinese Camp. Love that area!
        Yep. We live in our cabin in the woods above town..

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Rivers already set to be coach of High School after he retires.

Im glad Chargers moved on from him.
          Not a fan of the look.
          One year deal and one foot out the door.
          I don't know what Rivers will be able to give them.

I see an team on paper should make post season. But, somehow they will be 1 game short of playoffs.

How committed can a person be to current working relationship if they have another job on the side ready to go.

Its like a phased out retirement. Keep coming to office for a year and see what you can do. And we go from there.

I see 8-8 record for them and no post season.

IMO, Chargers with new era of excitement and clear direction of future has a way better shot at post season in 2020 than if Rivers returned on phased out retirement plan.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Not a fan of the look.

I see an team on paper should make post season. But, somehow they will be 1 game short of playoffs.

How committed can a person be to current working relationship if they have another job on the side ready to go.

Its like a phased out retirement. Keep coming to office for a year and see what you can do. And we go from there.

IMO, Chargers with new era of excitement and clear direction of future has a way better shot at post season in 2020 than if Rivers returned on phased out retirement plan.
            I think we all knew Rivers was going to be a HC of his sons high school football team. But yes, this was an odd announcement. But granted, if somebody was going to pay you $25m - wouldn't you take it.

I think Rivers will have a good season in Indy. They have a good OL, improved defense, he won't have to do as much and he might listen to Reich more than Lynn - meaning don't audible out of runs, don't play hero ball.

I will never speak bad of Rivers - I will be watching the Colts. That said, I know it was time to change the QB moving forward and I hope Tyrod Taylor is what Lynn envisions him to be. No excuses.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Huh ?
              Check Gunner's age.
              2021 one year contract.
              Rinse.
              Repeat as necessary.

What we have here is flexibility.
              When is Eason ready ?
              Several factors.
              Pundits talking out of their asses
              about PR's 2020 contract length.

BTW who cares ?
              Chargers fan here.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Not a fan of the look.

When I read it, it didn't say it was going to be after this season. Just said when he retires. Could be a couple seasons.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Just thoughts and opinions in Rest of the League thread.

Seems like the place to post takes on other NFL football news.

Was curious how Philip will do behind what on paper looks like a much better offensive line to work behind... that was often the reason given for struggles to win more games and the AFC West division.

I thought he had a great chance to prove his former team was not getting it done around him. But my opinion is that the Colts go 8-8 in 2020 because Rivers is playing out the end of his career like a phased out retirement. He may say the right things, but I don't buy that Rivers is going to be 100% commited to the 2020 season. I dont think He focused with two eyes on 2020. One eye is eyeing retirement. And imo, that will keep them from winning more games.

If you don't care about rest of league, you can always go to the Charger News thread or any of the many other Chargers topic threads.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

No...it was time to move on...
                    Move on to what? A team that still can't afford to extend a top talent in Bosa.
                    I don't see the point of surrounding Taylor likewise with marginal talent

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Just thoughts and opinions in Rest of the League thread.

Seems like the place to post takes on other NFL football news.

Was curious how Philip will do behind what on paper looks like a much better offensive line to work behind... that was often the reason given for struggles to win more games and the AFC West division.

I thought he had a great chance to prove his former team was not getting it done around him. But my opinion is that the Colts go 8-8 in 2020 because Rivers is playing out the end of his career like a phased out retirement. He may say the right things, but I don't buy that Rivers is going to be 100% commited to the 2020 season. I dont think He focused with two eyes on 2020. One eye is eyeing retirement. And imo, that will keep them from winning more games.

If you don't care about rest of league, you can always go to the Charger News thread or any of the many other Chargers topic threads.

I think Rivers is completely focused; and if the Colts go (8 - 8 / nowhere) it will reflect poorly on his abilities.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

When I read it, it didn't say it was going to be after this season. Just said when he retires. Could be a couple seasons.
                        I understand.
                        it has a feel of a lame duck season for him with question mark hanging over it. Will he be one and done. Yes or No. Then, if he returns for another 1. Same question hangs over team again. And it still seems like Philip has 1 eye looking at his next job.
                        Teammates are human. Will some of the younger teammates think your not playing like 25mil if he struggles and is turning the ball over too much. And you might not even be here next year. I'm not listening to you. Just think it has a chance to go sour. But it could boom, especially if he plays great early. Then the teammates could think...we have a chance to so something.

But if I'm going bet. I say they go 8-8.
                        Rivers led teams often start slow. A 3-5 start may have Frank wanting to play Eason to get the future started. It just seems a lot easier for it to go south than to work out well. Winning games in the NFL is hard to do.

Rivers with Colts
                        Brady with Bucs
                        Pats without Brady.
                        Chargers without Rivers.
                        Tyrod or Thor winning the starting job for LAC.
                        The new style of play for LAC.
                        I'm very interesting in the 2020 season.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Yep. We live in our cabin in the woods above town..
                          This explains a few things...

:lol:
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X