• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I don’t like THursday night football, especially when Chargers play in it. And count me among those who wants only one MNF game. Before the internet and streaming and satellite TV it was such a big deal to watch MNF every week. And I live far away and rarely got to see the CHargers play so when they are on MNF….it was like Christmas for me as a kid. And I was glued to halftime to see and hear Cosell do 30 seconds of highlights of the CHargers when they played on Sunday. Sometimes having so much makes you not appreciate it as much. I bet Roo understands me.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      I don’t like THursday night football, especially when Chargers play in it. And count me among those who wants only one MNF game. Before the internet and streaming and satellite TV it was such a big deal to watch MNF every week. And I live far away and rarely got to see the CHargers play so when they are on MNF….it was like Christmas for me as a kid. And I was glued to halftime to see and hear Cosell do 30 seconds of highlights of the CHargers when they played on Sunday. Sometimes having so much makes you not appreciate it as much. I bet Roo understands me.

TG
      I wonder when they’ll go too far and over saturate the market. It feels like they already have but as long as Amazon and other companies give them billions of dollars to play on extra days and play extra game like this whacked out 17 game season they’ll keep going. It’s the nature of things

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...they even have Monday Night Football "doubleheaders"--for double the profits...what's next? Wednesday night football?
        I thought it very weird they had two MNF games playing at the same time. (Was it last week or week before?).
        Someone sniffing glue in the scheduling room?
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I wonder when they’ll go too far and over saturate the market. It feels like they already have but as long as Amazon and other companies give them billions of dollars to play on extra days and play extra game like this whacked out 17 game season they’ll keep going. It’s the nature of things
          Amazon won’t give “billions” if its not making them money. At first they will take a loss/no gain for market penetration and access, there is no football alternative to NFL, but not forever.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Amazon won’t give “billions” if its not making them money. At first they will take a loss/no gain for market penetration and access, there is no football alternative to NFL, but not forever.
            Different metric for whether it’s making them money as they want to bring people into the Amazon ecosystem. Not like a traditional network that measures ad dollars and maybe some lead in benefits

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

I took my son to Vegas for Life is Beautiful festival (if you don’t konw it, don’t worry - its for 20-something’s) a week ago. First time I saw the new Raider stadium as I was driving back - didnt realize it was literally right off the I-15. Thing looks impressive from a drive-by glance perspective. Looked fully sealed up - which I suppose is needed in Vegas.

it was 95 every day we were there. Try dragging around a hot 5 square block tract of Fremont district for 8 hrs with a 17 yo kid who is digging his first music festival in his life. 4 stages, all spread out wide and in blacktop parking lots, 10s of thousands of young folk. Then do it two more days (3-day festival). Day 1 i was with him slithering up thru the crowd to get near stages etc. By day 3 i was sitting against a fence on the boundary of whichever stage we were at lol …

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                I took my son to Vegas for Life is Beautiful festival (if you don’t konw it, don’t worry - its for 20-something’s) a week ago. First time I saw the new Raider stadium as I was driving back - didnt realize it was literally right off the I-15. Thing looks impressive from a drive-by glance perspective. Looked fully sealed up - which I suppose is needed in Vegas.

it was 95 every day we were there. Try dragging around a hot 5 square block tract of Fremont district for 8 hrs with a 17 yo kid who is digging his first music festival in his life. 4 stages, all spread out wide and in blacktop parking lots, 10s of thousands of young folk. Then do it two more days (3-day festival). Day 1 i was with him slithering up thru the crowd to get near stages etc. By day 3 i was sitting against a fence on the boundary of whichever stage we were at lol …
                I'd call it a Hockey Puck. Natural Grass field, they roll in the field like they do in AZ. Its nicer inside than the Cards stadium though, even though its all Raider motif.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Ri-ri announced as the Superbowl halftime entertainer. Good Choice.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    Ri-ri announced as the Superbowl halftime entertainer. Good Choice.
                    What's a Ri-ri?

Guess they couldn't get the Mills Brothers.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

What's a Ri-ri?

Guess they couldn't get the Mills Brothers.
                      RiRi = Rihanna:

riri.JPG

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

The Dolphins are the current #1 AFC seed.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Wouldn’t it be something if Denver loses the late game.

That would be all 4 AFC West teams losing today.

The division that was supposed be the best and dominate everyone else. LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X