Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

RiRi = Rihanna:

riri.JPG
    Looks like she has enough hair for two women.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Looks like she has enough hair for two women.
      RiRi declined doing the 2019 SB halftime show in order to support Kaep:

Comment

• C’monchargers
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
        Oh look Jalen Hurts doing quite well. Where are all the haters? lol Sure were plenty coming after me for loving him.
        Certainly, it’s interesting some of those threads have disappeared. Fun conversations, some have called for crows to be eaten early on…lol

Comment

• C’monchargers
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

And this ^^^?apparently my post no.1. Non sense. If you were in a jalen hurts convo, you’ve seen this handle.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

RiRi declined doing the 2019 SB halftime show in order to support Kaep:

https://popculture.com/sports/news/s...in-kaepernick/
            Surprised they get any top talent as I've read they ask the artists PAY them to do the shows.
            Rihanna don't need the extra recognition and the halftime shows arent that great anyways. It's 3 -4 songs, and it's done.

They should have a quick NFL superstars competition instead. Fastest guys run the 40, QBs showing off their arms, etc.

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Certainly, it’s interesting some of those threads have disappeared. Fun conversations, some have called for crows to be eaten early on…lol
              I think many are on the draft forum. Most here know i was really pro Hurts. lol. His biggest hater is no longer around.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Surprised they get any top talent as I've read they ask the artists PAY them to do the shows.
                Rihanna don't need the extra recognition and the halftime shows arent that great anyways. It's 3 -4 songs, and it's done.

They should have a quick NFL superstars competition instead. Fastest guys run the 40, QBs showing off their arms, etc.
                Didn't they used to do the punt, pass and kick competition for kids at SB halftime?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Didn't they used to do the punt, pass and kick competition for kids at SB halftime?
                  Think it was Monday nights.

Comment

• C'monchargers
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

I think many are on the draft forum. Most here know i was really pro Hurts. lol. His biggest hater is no longer around.
                    Well perhaps it is, I saw the post count and I was thinking "Dang I got cancelled" lol jk. Well rather it is or not, it is more or so of relevance in terms of the "I told you so" type stuff since time has past and both players had made improvements and grow. That said many of the original sentiment I held still holds. It is absolutely worth noting the 2020 class of QB had a growing experience like no other and it never will again. Given the speaker crowd noise was only tune to 70dbs and later 80 dbs, these young inexperience QB are offered the opportunity to play against more or less no away crowd since crowd noise would exceed 100dbs upward into othe 120s~, they pretty much can whisper in the huddle and get off any audible without having to worry about crowd noises. Something Chargers fans and players are not accustomed to with home crowd at that point consist more of away fans than home fans.

And as a Chargers fan it is almost logically impossible for me to shade Herbert at this point (But I can shade Philip Rivers all day), and in truth he had made progrerss, more noticebly is that jumping from college to pros, he showed he can dial down the rifle and not beam everything. That in itself improve the trajectory of his passes and much easier ball to catch. Guy can sling it if the pocket and space allows and of course Herbert is a tough guy and can take the hit and throw excellent passes which he had shown he is capable of and have the toughness to do so, but then it takes that one tackle to break some ribs and now you have to fight your body just to lift your arm above your shoulder. It was no surprise there were all short passes today early and Ekeler handles it; toss it and let your most elusive guy on the ground to do your bidding. Well result speakers for itself didn't it?

And Speaking of the Eagles, they are a force to be reckoned with. Not only they have the roster, they also can play up in term of statistical analytics stand point, which is very unusual. Their personnel choice to do a certain job is very well placed, players were told to do the job that they are good at, what more can you ask for? only teams that we thought of like the Patriots or the Seahawks back then had done that, maybe its no coincidence since both team have heavy emphasis on statistical analysis espically the patriots and their guy Ernie Adams. Not ready to crown them eagles yet but it is a tough archivement to accomplish. On the contrary, it is mind boggling to see the chargers still playing somewhat statistically uninspired football.

For 1, if they intend to draft a guy that pretty much relient on the stability of the pocket and space, they should give it to him. All they had to do was to give Herbert 5 seconds; or have somebody work with him on throwing on the run to buy time. Given average 40 yard dash of pros WR are well under 5 seconds. Lets say guy puts a double move and buck, 5 seconds can develop 85+% of all routes. If they trust Herbert to make the right decision and he is their savior, they should invest in that more so than they have. One thing I would say about Rivers is that he was not offer a respectable Oline since he was on his rookie contract and little beyond if that. Which is something I had touched on, is that the line can take lots of cash or high draft picks, it will be interested to see hows that unfold once Herbert is being paid like a top dog.

Above issue is less of a problem for Hurts since guy can throw just as well on the run as he is in the pocket. It was evident in the Detroit game when that defense honestly really had put considerable amount of pressure on Hurts early on. But guess what, it weren't very affective, stuns up the middle, from the egde; nothing really worked. He rolls out and play on the LB or safety, yo yo them the whole game. Not to forget, eagles had been investing on the oline and matter of fact, they got a very very good one. And they still got a very capable Cam Jurgens that hasn't even play a down yet. That's embarassing of riches. ITs often to hear more and more these days how efficient Jalen hurts is, well because he is. I don't need to break down his college tapes to prove that, he is showing it. But it was something that he is always been pretty good at even since the alabama days.

Which says alot because I will reiterate my sentiment that imo Nick Saban and Alabama is not a good place for developing QB recruit to go to. You don't get record numbers of first rounder being drafted in multiple position focusing on developing QB. Those high ranking recuit ended up improving very little throughout their college career. Tua, Jalen, AJ McCarron, Brody Croyle, even Mac jones. You can't pick one and say oh jeez you have improved big time. That Oklahoma season really altered Jalen Hurts career, I truly believe that.
                    Last edited by C'monchargers; 09-25-2022, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      Fleet 1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you for taking the time to invest in this quality post. Im just swamped and dont have time to repond in a way that you deserve. Grateful to have you here.
                  • Leslie Grossman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2020
                    • Oklahoma
                    • Send PM

I told his biggest hater the Ohio St WRs would get drafted before Karlaftis and he mocked me! LOL

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

I’d rather have the nearest high school marching band than a pro punt pass and kick competition.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

No artists don’t pay the nfl to do the show. LOL. The shows are hit and miss. There have been some great ones and some mediocre to bad ones

Comment

Working...
                        X