• Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Foles said he doesn’t mind reuniting with Reich :lol:
    Bears fans would love that stroke of good fortune, to unload that contract...hell, if I was the Bears, I would GIVE a 6 or 7 to Indy to sugar them into the deal...absolutely useless 3rd QB taking up cap space.
    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2020
      • Oklahoma
      • Send PM

Colts start with Sea, Rams, Tenn, Mia, and Balt. Staring 0-5 in the face before getting Houston. Already looking at a losing season, if 0-5 they should put the rookies and year 2 guys on the field and look to next year. Might need to draft their future QB?

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Rough start for rookie Trevor Lawrence on the first day the Jaguars' defense was allowed to play press coverage and go after throws. Lawrence went 1 for 6 with two interceptions and had a pass batted down at the line of scrimmage in the first 11-on-11 session. On one of the interceptions seemed to be a miscommunication because Lawrence threw deep and there was no receiver close to the ball. He rebounded in 7 on 7 and another 11-on-11 session and completed 12-of-14. "As a football player you're not going to always have your best day." said running back Travis Etienne Jr., Lawrence's teammate at Clemson. "That's why we come out here and work each and every day. It's better to have those days now than have them later in the season." -- Michael DiRocco
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

LOL at Pittsburgh. Old QB, OL sucks. Been there, done that.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            LOL at Pittsburgh. Old QB, OL sucks. Been there, done that.
            It sure creates the environment for pensive Sundays … that gnawing knowledge every Sunday, despite general team talent, that one of those six will completely fuck it up at any moment.

yeah, been there, done that
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

The Miami Dolphins announced this afternoon that veteran OL DJ Fluker has been released from his contract with an injury settlement.

The news comes just days after Fluker underwent a minor medical procedure in order to clean up a knee issue, landing him on the Injured Reserve list. With no foreseeable timeline to return, Fluker’s status as a depth piece along the line was compromised; and the team acted in turn by releasing him from his contract.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

The Bills have already used their fifth-year option on Allen for the 2022 season, and he is due to earn $23 mil next year--so not chump change. It would be in the Bills's interest to extend him now, but I'd hate to see him pull a Gordon or a Howie...
                I would love it. Their Johnny-come-lately owner is threatening the city of Buffalo.
                If Allen sits, Pegula can kiss bye-bye to his billion dollar black mail scheme.

$23 million is chump change compared to what he could get. Ask for Mahomes' money; ask for Pegula to be his personal chaffeur on game day.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I would love it. Their Johnny-come-lately owner is threatening the city of Buffalo.
                  If Allen sits, Pegula can kiss bye-bye to his billion dollar black mail scheme.

$23 million is chump change compared to what he could get. Ask for Mahomes' money; ask for Pegula to be his personal chaffeur on game day.
                  While you're at it, might as well also include a clause in his new contract to rename Buffalo's Highmark Stadium and call it "Allen Arena"...

Comment

• CivilBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Rough start for rookie Trevor Lawrence on the first day the Jaguars' defense was allowed to play press coverage and go after throws. Lawrence went 1 for 6 with two interceptions and had a pass batted down at the line of scrimmage in the first 11-on-11 session. On one of the interceptions seemed to be a miscommunication because Lawrence threw deep and there was no receiver close to the ball. He rebounded in 7 on 7 and another 11-on-11 session and completed 12-of-14. "As a football player you're not going to always have your best day." said running back Travis Etienne Jr., Lawrence's teammate at Clemson. "That's why we come out here and work each and every day. It's better to have those days now than have them later in the season." -- Michael DiRocco
                    Lawrence is in so much pressure. I think he was already tagged as the team’s savior. I don’t want to be in his shoes.
                    Last edited by CivilBolt; 08-03-2021, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Lawrence is in so much pressure. I think he was already tagged as the team’s savior. I don’t want innhis shoes.
                      Jags are looking at 2-3 more years of rebuilding to get enough pieces in place to reach playoff-caliber...and that's IF the coaching and play from those new pieces is competent...best thing Jags can do is keep Lawrence healthy by upgrading O-line, especially at tackle...Jawaan Taylor was a poor man's Turnstyle Tevi at RT...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

The Miami Dolphins announced this afternoon that veteran OL DJ Fluker has been released from his contract with an injury settlement.

The news comes just days after Fluker underwent a minor medical procedure in order to clean up a knee issue, landing him on the Injured Reserve list. With no foreseeable timeline to return, Fluker’s status as a depth piece along the line was compromised; and the team acted in turn by releasing him from his contract.
                        I remember reading an article last year on how Fluke finally got it - how he finally understood nutrition and working out and that he was shaped like a greek god.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Jags are looking at 2-3 more years of rebuilding to get enough pieces in place to reach playoff-caliber...and that's IF the coaching and play from those new pieces is competent...best thing Jags can do is keep Lawrence healthy by upgrading O-line, especially at tackle...Jawaan Taylor was a poor man's Turnstyle Tevi at RT...
                          Also I watched their practice and didn’t come out impressed. It looks a little unorganized/old school compared to others. It could be because Urban is a rookie HC and trying to bring in his college ways. I heard that even one of his coaches’ sarcasm was not welcomed during practice. I think that’s a little hardcore and takes the fun out of the game.

Comment

Working...
                          X