• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

...and no better. Those particular players probably wouldn't frown upon him. But that's not the majority of the locker room. Super interesting choice of words.

I don't think anyone in the locker room would have an issue. How can you have an issue with an innocent guy? Apparently you are struggling with it!
    The words are reality. I'm not a politically correct wuss.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

What about innocent until proven guilty?
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't think anyone in the locker room would have an issue. How can you have an issue with an innocent guy? Apparently you are struggling with it!
        The words are reality. I'm not a politically correct wuss.
        "Innocent in the courtroom" and "innocent" are two, very different things... One relies upon burden of proof and the other relies upon common sense.
        Common sense tells you not to have sex with some random person in the backyard of a drinking party.
        Both people made stupid mistakes... either/neither open themselves to various interpretations of "innocent". One emerges as an "innocent hero" while the other emerges as a "ho"...

As far as being "politically correct"... I am not. I do not suffer fools. I'll go even further in saying... "political correctness" isn't even a thing. It's an invented term used by a mercurial shock-jock who was too high on his pain medication to be commenting on football (of which he knew nothing about). I'll prove my point by suggesting that Patrick Mahommes and Jalen Hurts should have celebrated their SB appearance by pissing on his gravestone... how's that for political correctness...?

Jackasses are jackasses... whether they go to court... whether they have sex with random people... whether they say bigoted things on the air... I don't struggle with these concepts at all. I doubt the Chargers' organization struggles with these concepts either.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

"Innocent in the courtroom" and "innocent" are two, very different things... One relies upon burden of proof and the other relies upon common sense.
          Common sense tells you not to have sex with some random person in the backyard of a drinking party.
          Both people made stupid mistakes... either/neither open themselves to various interpretations of "innocent". One emerges as an "innocent hero" while the other emerges as a "ho"...

As far as being "politically correct"... I am not. I do not suffer fools. I'll go even further in saying... "political correctness" isn't even a thing. It's an invented term used by a mercurial shock-jock who was too high on his pain medication to be commenting on football (of which he knew nothing about). I'll prove my point by suggesting that Patrick Mahommes and Jalen Hurts should have celebrated their SB appearance by pissing on his gravestone... how's that for political correctness...?

Jackasses are jackasses... whether they go to court... whether they have sex with random people... whether they say bigoted things on the air... I don't struggle with these concepts at all. I doubt the Chargers' organization struggles with these concepts either.
          First of all, nobody called Azaira a hero.

And if you are going to college parties and telling everyone you are 18 when you arent, having sex multiple times, and then go back tie next week to do it again but then pick one guy out who you know money is coming his way and try to sue for some .....I'd say that's a Ho.

That's not a choice of word, that's a label she gives herself.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

He wasn't found innocent in court - he wasn't even tried because they couldn't find any evidence to back her claim. If there was no evidence, he shouldn't be blackballed for simply being accused.

Sign him up and let's go play some football!
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• captaind
              Cook This Pork Chops
              • Jun 2013
              • Mars
              • Ball Holder
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
              What about innocent until proven guilty?
              All that matters these days is the severity of the accusation. Then it’s trial by social media.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

100% agree, and I also have a very low tolerance for stupid . . . . . . . . . of any kind, despite all of the woke management seminars I've been required to attend over the years. I guess it just didn't take . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

But here’s the thing: While Brown was unlike many of us, he was just like all of us, a flawed individual. He was arrested a half-dozen times, mostly on charges of hitting women. He never was convicted but once was sentenced to six months in jail for refusing to attend domestic violence counseling.

In his book, Brown acknowledges slapping women (and men) when arguments got out of hand, adding: “I don’t think any man should slap a woman. In a perfect world, I don’t think any man should slap anyone, and I don’t consider slapping people a sign of strength. In my case, it’s related to a weakness.”

For some, this is an unforgivable sin, mea culpa be damned. It’s something that will forever cloud or even overshadow Brown’s legacy. I don’t subscribe to that position — which should not be taken for condoning the behavior, which I absolutely do not. But I do believe in forgiveness if someone faces the consequences of their actions and learns and grows from them.

Brown’s story is like life itself: complicated. We search for the good, yet sometimes find the bad. It is not a straight line. We fall, we rise. We fall, we rise. It is the rhythm of life. Brown definitely did his share of falling, but he also helped a lot of people rise to a better place through his activism and his words. At times his book helped me express what I was feeling but struggled to put in my own words.

Was he a great man? To me, because of how he impacted me, yes. But was he a flawed man? Without question.

I don't think Brown was "just like all of us" as you say. I think he was much worse. I remember watching the "Secrets of Playboy" special TV series that aired from Sept. 27, 2021 to Jan. 23, 2022 on the A&E channel and I recall some very harrowing things that Brown was accused of doing. Here's a source from the internet that goes into the TV special about Brown's behavior at the Playboy Mansion over the years...https://people.com/crime/secrets-of-...ski-jim-brown/

Here's an excerpt from the article strictly on Jim Brown...

Jim Brown

One of the few Playboy Mansion regulars who's spoken about his experiences in Hefner's world is NFL legend Jim Brown.

"It was a ball," the former Cleveland Browns fullback told an interviewer in archival footage. "There were new girls coming in from all over the country, and anything was okay between consenting partners."

But the issue of consent is challenged by several Playboy insiders who saw Brown in action.

Brown "always abused different Playmates. I observed it. Many people witnessed it," said Stefan Tetenbaum. (Theodore said Hefner confirmed as much to her, too.)

Tetenbaum's wife, Stella, who served as a hostess at the Mansion in 1978 and '79, recalled a party at which Brown allegedly took a woman, "turned her upside down and held her by the heels — this was right in front of me — and shook her violently, violently, until her bosom fell out of her bra. And then [he] flipped her back up and she's hanging out. I could see it on her face, and I thought, 'Oh my God.'"

Secrets of Playboy: Inside Hugh Hefner's 'Circus' of Sexual Debauchery Stefan Tetenbaum. A&E
                  In another incident, both the Tetenbaums heard screaming coming from the Grotto.

"We peeked in there, and we saw Jim just going bananas, bananas, violently on this girl," said Stella.

Stefan said Brown had seated the woman on a "sex chair" Hefner had outfitted with a dildo and was "beating her."

"When he was finished, I had to help her, and I took her to the front of the Mansion and had one of Hefner's drivers take her to the hospital," he said. "I never saw her again there."

To the Tetenbaums' knowledge, Brown was never held accountable, and he was allowed to return the Mansion.

"He would brutalize these girls," said Stefan. "He cracked ribs, he dislocated jaws, but nobody was gonna come forward because nobody wanted Hefner to come after you — or Jim Brown [to come afer you]."

"It bothered me," admitted Stefan. "It seemed that this was natural, that this was what they expected Hefner to allow them to do."

A representative for Jim Brown did not immediately respond to PEOPLE's request for comment on the allegations contained within the episode.

Looking back on her tenure at the Mansion, Stella summed up, "The sense I got was the young girls didn't have a clue. At that age, they don't know better. I think for girls from small towns, it was like, 'Oh my God, I'm going to be a star!' I don't think they thought much about what would happen when they got there."

"These men," said Theodore, "they were like [kids] in a candy store up there."

I'm glad Brown did some good things in his life but he also went full animal on some women at that Playboy Mansion. He hurt women in more ways than one.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Wow

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Class guy. First I've heard of it. That guy shouldn't have been invited to any NFL festivities. Hope all his records get broken.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Send PM

If you watch that Secrets of Playboy series you'll soon discover that Hefner was the head asshole. He got away with so much violent crap...both directly and indirectly by allowing guys like Cosby, Don Cornelius, and Jim Brown to rape and brutalize those young women OVER YEARS time .Fucking Hefner was a psychopath IMO. And he allowed it all to happen from many other abusers. Glad he's dead.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

First of all, nobody called Azaira a hero.

And if you are going to college parties and telling everyone you are 18 when you arent, having sex multiple times, and then go back tie next week to do it again but then pick one guy out who you know money is coming his way and try to sue for some .....I'd say that's a Ho.

That's not a choice of word, that's a label she gives herself.
                          From the captain...
                          If he countersues and wins, they'll treat him like a freaking hero.
                          Nobody labels themselves a "ho" That's a derogatory label of your choice.
                          Character is an issue with this club. Just don't be too disappointed if the Chargers don't sign the Punt God.

I'm not defending the girl... she is obviously misguided.
                          But I'm also not defending a guy for super bad decisions.

Having unprotected sex with a promiscuous stranger (directly after taking a piss, no less) is a bad decision in so many ways.
                          There were plenty of other guys at the party that declined such a generous offer... the future draft pick should have been one of them.
                          If a high school girl threw Matty for a loop... wait until he sees the sophistication of the A-list...

Comment

Working...
                          X