• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
    Oh man...Raiders clearing the way for Harbaugh?

Would be another coaching misfire disaster for us if he ends up with the Raiders. Reid, Peyton and Harbaugh in the same division? And we passed on all 3, LOL.

We'll probably just extend Staley for 5 years.
    Yep - they will go and get Harbaugh and when the Chargers finish at best 7-10 -- the Chargers will hire Ben Johnson --hot young OC type. Wash rinse and repeat. My guess, Davis will have reached out to harbaugh by the end of the week - or his agent.

Dean is every bit as incompetent as Davis and Snyder - he just is able to not make headlines in the news.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Kelley puzzles me.

He can rip off a 50 yard house call and no DBs can catch him

He obviously has the speed and the burst.

But his ypc in most games usually hovers around 3.5.

So, is it Kelley or is it the OL?

I don't know.

I do know he is averaging 4.3 ypc this season (bolstered by that 49 yd house call in KC).

Which is the same career ypc as Josh Jacobs.

This season Jacobs has 408 yds on 133 carries this season (3.1 ypc) and 3 TDs.

Kelley has 305 yds on 71 carries (4.3) and 2 TDs.
      All he can do is run through a straight line. He doesn't run with power or shiftiness, and doesn't move a pile.

There's not anyone on this roster that's gonna turn this rushing attack around. That goes for Oline, backs, and linebackers. Its a combination of them all. Finesse backs, finesse Oline, finesse tight ends. It's got Telesco's fingerprints all over it.

So my argument is why even bother to try and run the ball? To take pressure off Herbert? It puts MORE pressure on Herbert by giving the defense a free down because no yards are ever gained. 1st and 10 runs turn into 2nd and 10. 2nd and 10 runs turn into 3rd and 10. They need to use the screen game as the run game. Receiver screens, tight end screens, running back screens. Right now teams let Kellen Moore lose the game by repeatedly trying to run it for no gain.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

3-5. Were 3-4. Blow out to Chicago followed by what should have been a blow out to Detroit but was just a loss in which they were dominated. They have Maxx, Jacobs and Devante. Each among the best if not the best at their positions. They should be better. Rumor is Antonio Pierce, the LB coach takes over
        i thought the Raider roster was near the bottom; i thought everyone ranked them there.
        They have 3 elite players and a few more pieces, but most of the roster is subpar ... especially at the qb position.

McDaniel must have poisoned the waters in his unique fashion.
        I guess hoodie has his OC again.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

i thought the Raider roster was near the bottom; i thought everyone ranked them there.
          They have 3 elite players and a few more pieces, but most of the roster is subpar ... especially at the qb position.

Hoodie signed a six year deal per Ian Rapoport

So plenty of time to go coach high school football somewhere on the Raiders dime. Maybe he goes back to NE, becomes an OC. Or maybe he goes to a college and becomes an OC> He won't be a HC in the NFL

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

All he can do is run through a straight line. He doesn't run with power or shiftiness, and doesn't move a pile.

There's not anyone on this roster that's gonna turn this rushing attack around. That goes for Oline, backs, and linebackers. Its a combination of them all. Finesse backs, finesse Oline, finesse tight ends. It's got Telesco's fingerprints all over it.

So my argument is why even bother to try and run the ball? To take pressure off Herbert? It puts MORE pressure on Herbert by giving the defense a free down because no yards are ever gained. 1st and 10 runs turn into 2nd and 10. 2nd and 10 runs turn into 3rd and 10. They need to use the screen game as the run game. Receiver screens, tight end screens, running back screens. Right now teams let Kellen Moore lose the game by repeatedly trying to run it for no gain.
            You can mish-mash all you want. The numbers speak for themselves. Kelley is averaging 4.3 ypc and is quietly putting together a decent season, better than Brandon Jacobs' 3.1 ypc. Kelley has 2 TD, Jacobs 3. When the OL gives him an opening Kelley can gain yardage. He's already proven he can out run DBs when he gets to the 3rd level. I expect to see more of Kelley in the run game. I don't think Moore is going to abandon it. That puts more pressure on Herbert. If he OL does its part, Kelley will produce. I have confidence in the kid.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
              Why did the Commanders trade Chase Young?
              Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              Need a top qb in the draft.
              They're happy with Sam Howell I thought?

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They also traded Montez Sweat.
              I have to admit I'm confused why the traded both of their edge rushers, both of them pretty decent talents.

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Yep - they will go and get Harbaugh and when the Chargers finish at best 7-10 -- the Chargers will hire Ben Johnson --hot young OC type. Wash rinse and repeat. My guess, Davis will have reached out to harbaugh by the end of the week - or his agent.

Dean is every bit as incompetent as Davis and Snyder - he just is able to not make headlines in the news.
                It will probably be the Raiders, Chargers, Bears, Cowboys and Cardinals interviewing Harbaugh in the off-season IF he's not directly involved in the scandal!

Chargers have the advantage for hiring Harbaugh as long as Dean finally pays the going price, which he SHOULD playing in LA! If he doesn't then he needs to take the Chargers out of Los Angeles or sell the team!!!! Period.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

The purge continues:

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Mark Davis is now paying two coaches who aren't coaching for him, right?

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

We struggle with the Raiders even with their clown show coach and QB play. Now imagine Harbaugh running that team. Imagine where Peyton will have the Broncos in another year or two.

We are headed for the cellar and fast.
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

Yeah I don’t think so. They also drafted the rookie TE a lot of guys wanted. And Jimmy G has been a winner wherever he’s been. Most NFL teams are made up of equal talent across the board and it’s the superstars that make the difference. Crosby is a game wrecker and Devante and Jacobs can do the same.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                          Now imagine Harbaugh running that team.
                          I doubt the league is going to let Harbaugh find safe harbor in the NFL after what is going down at Michigan. I don't know that for sure. But I think there is a chance they would let teams know Harbaugh would be suspended if they hire him.

Comment

Working...
                          X