• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

The Broncos are right behind us in cap space issues next season. I have no idea what they are going to do with Wilson - what a mess.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
      Let's do this!
      • Aug 2022
      • Raleigh N. Carolina
      • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

Wow!

3 of the most accurate field goal kickers in NFL history were Chargers, and they all sucked here.
      TWEETY!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        The Broncos are right behind us in cap space issues next season. I have no idea what they are going to do with Wilson - what a mess.

Welcome to
        The Donkeys Rollercoaster Ride

--give up 70 to MIA
        --playoff surge
        --dream destroyed by BB
        --get on the bus Russ
        --cap Hades
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Can the Chargers release Derwin James and free themselves from his ungodly contract?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Sean is tanking...as much as I would like to beat the donks, in this particular year, I would rather a well played loss, for draft position...
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Can the Chargers release Derwin James and free themselves from his ungodly contract?
              Not next year, no. He’s only guaranteed $3.4M but cap hit if on the team is $20, Cap hit to cut is $25M. Cap hit to cut drops to $14M in 2025 and they can save about $35M remaining non-guar contract between base and roster bonuses.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                Sean is tanking...as much as I would like to beat the donks, in this particular year, I would rather a well played loss, for draft position...
                Did you hear his comments to the press? He’s falling back into mass throwing under the bus of his team again. He said to the effect “well, i can’t replace the entire OL, and I can’t replace the entire receiving room …” … basically can be taken as saying the entire offense stinks if you’re open to hear it that way - which the players will be.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• captaind
                  Cook This Pork Chops
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Mars
                  • Ball Holder
                  • Send PM

Unless they can find a sucker to trade with. Kinda like the Seahawks did.

Giving him that kind of contract before the regular season even started was Al Davis-esque. And it couldn't happen to a better team.

Side note:

Cutting Wilson conventionally in 2023 is virtually impossible. The Broncos would have $107 million in dead money, a cap charge for a player no longer on the roster, by releasing Wilson before exercising the option for his 2027 contract year.

The largest individual dead money charge in NFL's history is the $40.525 million the Falcons have in the current 2022 league year for trading quarterback Matt Ryan to the Colts last March. $107 million in the 2023 league year would be more than two and a half times Ryan's record-setting amount.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

TWEETY!
                    Yep...Kaeding was solid during the season, cracked under playoff pressure...

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Yep, u got that right, Rich. Donks were dumb to sign Wilson to such a crazy deal. They don't have an OUT until 2026, and even then, it's a whopping $31 mil dead cap!

image.png

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Did you hear his comments to the press? He’s falling back into mass throwing under the bus of his team again. He said to the effect “well, i can’t replace the entire OL, and I can’t replace the entire receiving room …” … basically can be taken as saying the entire offense stinks if you’re open to hear it that way - which the players will be.
                        Guessing Juedy won't be there next season. He has underachieved, and no I don't want him.
                        And I guess Cushenberry isn't worth pursuing? Or maybe he is trying to light a fire?

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

There are five decent QBs in this years draft. the Broncos realize they suck and will tank against us to get one of them. Bo Nix will be better than Russ at this point in time.
                          The Broncos gave up a bunch of draft capital to get Russell Wilson, and then they gave up a bunch more to get Sean Payton. I doubt hey have anything higher than a 3rd rounder next spring.

Comment

Working...
                          X