• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
    Sorry - I just cant stop laughing that TT is their GM … my giggles could last all year. He’s creating a QB controversy between two QBs that shouldn’t be starters lol …

No more benefiting from the Brandon Staley QB developmental system I mean Chargers defense.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Sorry - I just cant stop laughing that TT is their GM … my giggles could last all year. He’s creating a QB controversy between two QBs that shouldn’t be starters lol …

TT"s comfortable with Minshew / O'Connell????? OMG . . . . . . . . . may he live and remain the Raiders GM FOREVER!!!!!!

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        Big guys with broken bones in feet. Scary. Especially bones that don’t heal quickly. I’m happy we didn’t draft him.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

When you think you have no QBs, well, you have no QBs.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

U better believe there's a pattern of thugs and low lifes on the Chefs...it's evident the philosophy is, "wife beater? No prob...sign him!" "Multiple DUI's? No prob...sign him!" "High speed exhibition speeding resulting in serious bodily injury and leaving the scene of the accident? No prob...keep him on the team!" It's Reid AND Chef GM Brett Veach that are complicit...
            Any theories that Reid isn’t in the thick of every one of these degenerate signings is just kidding themselves. Reid sold his soul to reverse his Philly Curse and touch his dirty palms against the Holy Grail.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Big guys with broken bones in feet. Scary. Especially bones that don’t heal quickly. I’m happy we didn’t draft him.
              Whoa, i wanted this kid, of course I didn’t have any medical info like our crack Hortiz crew did
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

Any theories that Reid isn’t in the thick of every one of these degenerate signings is just kidding themselves. Reid sold his soul to reverse his Philly Curse and touch his dirty palms against the Holy Grail.
                This....so much!
                I think a majority of the NFL organisations would sell their mothers to the highest bidder for a chance at a ring. We're competing with amoral, unscrupulous enemies! This holier than though attitude may get you plaudits from the local Kiwanis club but will not win you a championship.
                Can't believe I'm saying this but Al Davis was right: Just win, baby!
                American football is still a very hard game played by very hard men.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Marvin Harrison Jr. not signing NFLPA joint licensing agreement: Sign of behavior problems/bullet dodged by Chargers or a young athlete astutely asserting control over his brand?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Pretty certain in most organizations any head coach has to okay bringing in players with known behavioral problems.
                    While I don't think Harbaugh, or Staley, or Lynn hand pick their players ...... they have a veto at the very least.
                    We'll never know if Harbaugh didn't veto bringing in Nabers, and so they went with Alt.

The problem with Reid is that the temperamental head cases didn't start popping up on KCs roster during Veach,
                    it happened also under Dorsey, and in Philly you had Michael Vick and Terrel Owens brought in - although Owens never committed a felony as far as I know,
                    and there are aspects to his personality that are admirable, he was just difficult;

so there's a pattern to headcases and criminals making their way onto Reid's rosters.

And Veach followed, or might I say was brought along by Andy Reid from Philly to K.C.
                    Pretty certain Andy Reid had some influence in sacking Dorsey and promoting his pal to the job.

If Reid wasn't convinced that the upside to Rashee Rice took precedent over any semblance of principal, Rice wouldn't be with the Chiefs.

I listened to Mike Shanahan being interviewed about the draft last year and he said that he doesn't have time to watch college players - not even his alma mater Texas, until after the season.
                    However, once the season ends, he dives into studying tape of college players ...... which leads me to conclude that he's a part of the decision makers that shape their draft boards.

I'd guess offensive guys like Shanahan (with Lance), and Reid (with Mahomes) were either the drivers of those two trade ups, or were enthusiasts and gave the GMs their blessings.
                    Unlike an idiot like Staley, who crowed about his drafts, those guys are just as happy to give credit to the GMs and remain in the shadows.
                    This whole post is a guess.

We have no idea how organizations run their team but it is always assumed certain HCs like Reed, and Harbaugh are doing the drafting and they arent. Never hear John Harbaugh mentioned as drafting the guys in Baltimore. Jim Harbaugh always makes it clear that Hortiz is the guy that does his job and Jim has his job. Teams always consult teh HC and other coaches but the decision is the GMs or we wouldnt have QJ since its said that Staley wanted Flowers.

Even Mike Riley told Beathard many times he should consider Brady and we got some nobody instead.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      Marvin Harrison Jr. not signing NFLPA joint licensing agreement: Sign of behavior problems/bullet dodged by Chargers or a young athlete astutely asserting control over his brand?
                      Interesting. He probably hasn't signed the rookie deal either. I saw the Nabers has signed his rookie deal. I'm not concerned that Joe Alt hasn't yet signed, it just would be nice for it to be done sooner than later.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

How hard is it to find a QB? How lucky are we to have Herbert?

The 2020 NFL draft:

Five quarterbacks were selected in the first round — Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Justin Fields, and Mac Jones — the second highest number of first-round quarterback selections (along with the 1999 and 2018 drafts) after the six selected in 1983 and 2024. The draft also marked the third time the first three picks were quarterbacks, following the 1971 and 1999 drafts. A total of eight quarterbacks were selected in the first three rounds, the most in NFL draft history although, only two quarterbacks were taken in the remaining rounds. By 2024, Lawrence was the only first-round quarterback to remain with his original team, while the other four quarterbacks were benched before the 2024 season. Trevor Lawrence was also the only QB to have his 5th year option picked up.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                          How hard is it to find a QB? How lucky are we to have Herbert?

The 2020 NFL draft:

Five quarterbacks were selected in the first round — Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Justin Fields, and Mac Jones — the second highest number of first-round quarterback selections (along with the 1999 and 2018 drafts) after the six selected in 1983 and 2024. The draft also marked the third time the first three picks were quarterbacks, following the 1971 and 1999 drafts. A total of eight quarterbacks were selected in the first three rounds, the most in NFL draft history although, only two quarterbacks were taken in the remaining rounds. By 2024, Lawrence was the only first-round quarterback to remain with his original team, while the other four quarterbacks were benched before the 2024 season. Trevor Lawrence was also the only QB to have his 5th year option picked up.
                          2021 draft?

Comment

Working...
                          X