• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Sounds like Jerrah Jones when he went for marketing/licensing deals outside the NFL framework.
    Yeah, this isn’t his rookie contract, this is his marketing rights. I’d still take him, he’s gonna be good. It will get sorted out somehow by lawyers.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I didn't say that 🙄

Hortiz even says Harbaugh has input on college players which helps them, we all know that but even Harbaugh says Hortiz is the guy and that's his department. Hortiz says Harbaughs department is coaching.

They are involved but the GM makes the call. Everybody is involved but you act like Reed drafts KCs players and he doesn't.
      Everybody outside of LA thinks Harbaugh drafts our players and he doesn't. Being involved and making the decisions aren't the same.
      Hey Andy I know you like fast receivers. Who you like better? Worthy or Mitchell? We have an equal grade on them.
      Maybe Andy says...I like both and Worthy is super fast, you guys did all the work......you choose.

Idk. But that's involved. Exactly how involved, neither of us know.

Im also not sure that's why we didn't draft Palomalu. That don't sound right.
      I think the relative sway is very situational dependent as someone already posted. In the situation of a HOF HC that can call any shot in the city, vs a GM that literally owes this same HOF HC his job, … I absolutely don’t believe Reid doesn’t have as much input as he wants to have.

Reid’s retained or tried to retain (until it just got too ugly) players already signed and on his roster who have had law problems, thats 100% him on who stays on the roster. His treatment of guys on the roster is exactly the same as their signing of new players as I’m watching it.

I’d bet he even thinks he’s a great benevolent father-mentor figure “helping troubled young men get a second chance” or some such pious bullshit to justify taking degenerates and outlaws that have no business being in the league.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Telesco was vastly fortunate that neither Rivers nor Herbert are the kind of guys who would publicly criticize their GM . . . . . . . . Although they should have, particularly Rivers. Without those 2 QB's TT would have had a very short GM career . . . . . . .
        I believe Herbert is the primary reason that TT was hired so quickly again, he went after one franchise QB high in the draft in his 11 year tenure and it was a huge hit, it would not surprise me if TT got a third GM job elsewhere even after the Raiders fire him...Drafting a Franchise QB is not common and way better GMs than TT have failed to accomplish that themselves, for all the luck that went into it, it still remains his crowing success as a GM and Herbert will continue to make him look good for years to come...

Yes, what went on with Rivers is unforgivable, I do hold him responsible but how much was ownership's preparations to move to LA and then finally moving to LA, it was a tumultuous time in Charger history that TT had to preside over and with ownership staking money in directions that were not aimed at coaching staff and other team success related expenses...I always thought TT might've done a bit better without all the crazy shit and instability that occurred in his tenure...
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I have vivid memories of raider fans shit-talking Charger fans even BEFORE I became a Chargers fan.
          When the raiders are good, they're insufferable, and when they're not, they're tolerable at best.
          I have respect for their brand in a historical sense, but there is no confusion here, I literally hope they're the worst team every year.
          The Raiders definitely lost their mojo when Al Davis began to decline and then later when he passed...nobody talks about "Raider Mystic" anymore...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• northerner
            Charger fan since '79
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Yeah, this isn’t his rookie contract, this is his marketing rights. I’d still take him, he’s gonna be good. It will get sorted out somehow by lawyers.
            while it isn't a big deal - he is saying "i'm special" loud and clear (and expect it to be said again). as much as i like Nabers, give me Alt and Ladd and hold the diva.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

while it isn't a big deal - he is saying "i'm special" loud and clear (and expect it to be said again). as much as i like Nabers, give me Alt and Ladd and hold the diva.
              Yeah, idunno - i suppose to a degree. He was making $1.4M in college for his name and likeness, whats the standard NFLPA agreement pay him for the same name and likeness?

For all I know, players are all getting ripped off and he’s the Norma Rae of NFL marketing agreement negotiations - i don’t know shit about it so I’ll just watch and wait and not call him a selfish prick just yet. But thats just me.

Norma Rae Strike GIF by Industrial Workers of the World

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Yeah, idunno - i suppose to a degree. He was making $1.4M in college for his name and likeness, whats the standard NFLPA agreement pay him for the same name and likeness?

For all I know, players are all getting ripped off and he’s the Norma Rae of NFL marketing agreement negotiations - i don’t know shit about it so I’ll just watch and wait and not call him a selfish prick just yet. But thats just me.

The current situation in college is wild, there is no player union or player based entity to negotiate collectively in their favor, so it's a bit odd to compare the situations or the monies involved, obviously the NFL is all about "everyone" enjoying some of the benefits and not just a handful of guys...there is a reason why there have been so many issues with college based video games lately, I think people will lose their shit if the same thing happens in the NFL and Madden becomes extinct due to individuals negotiating their own contracts...is it fair? IDK...

Comment

• northerner
                  Charger fan since '79
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

true, i don't know if he is fighting for a better cause, or he is looking out for himself. it will play out, in the meantime, Ladd is good enough for me.

wait until shorty can't get him the ball...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

I think the relative sway is very situational dependent as someone already posted. In the situation of a HOF HC that can call any shot in the city, vs a GM that literally owes this same HOF HC his job, … I absolutely don’t believe Reid doesn’t have as much input as he wants to have.

Reid’s retained or tried to retain (until it just got too ugly) players already signed and on his roster who have had law problems, thats 100% him on who stays on the roster. His treatment of guys on the roster is exactly the same as their signing of new players as I’m watching it.

I’d bet he even thinks he’s a great benevolent father-mentor figure “helping troubled young men get a second chance” or some such pious bullshit to justify taking degenerates and outlaws that have no business being in the league.
                    Reid kind of reminds me of "The Godfather"...you want to sympathize with the guy, you realize he's a great leader, but...at the same time, he's fully capable to doing some really dirty deeds...and surrounds himself with all kinds of sleazy, low-life scum...

image.png

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Veach was the director of player personel for 2 years when they fired Dorsey. Idk if Reed got him that job of if it was just a natural choice as many times it is with a director of player personel and he has been the GM since 2017.
                      In any case, whoever it is that drafts these malcontents...they take the chances. I assume when Rice gets his year suspension, Hunt will tell them to cut him.
                      ​​​

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I didn't say that 🙄

Hortiz even says Harbaugh has input on college players which helps them, we all know that but even Harbaugh says Hortiz is the guy and that's his department. Hortiz says Harbaughs department is coaching.

They are involved but the GM makes the call. Everybody is involved but you act like Reed drafts KCs players and he doesn't.
                          Everybody outside of LA thinks Harbaugh drafts our players and he doesn't. Being involved and making the decisions aren't the same.
                          Hey Andy I know you like fast receivers. Who you like better? Worthy or Mitchell? We have an equal grade on them.
                          Maybe Andy says...I like both and Worthy is super fast, you guys did all the work......you choose.

Idk. But that's involved. Exactly how involved, neither of us know.

Im also not sure that's why we didn't draft Palomalu. That don't sound right.
                          At the time of the draft, Polamalu had had 1-2 concussions in college, and AJ Smith (RIP) was reportedly concerned about his future health...

Comment

Working...
                          X