Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
    If Cousins gets hurt I like Penix as best rookie QB

Pe-Nix > Bo-Nix
    IMHO Penix may end up being the best QB in this draft, particularly if he can sit behind Cousins for a year or so . . . . . . .

Comment

• Boltdiehard
      The Precious
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

IMHO Penix may end up being the best QB in this draft, particularly if he can sit behind Cousins for a year or so . . . . . . .
      Really glad the Raiders didn’t get him.

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Hmm

There are 10 stadiums with Domes/ Roofs.
        5 of those have retractable roofs and two of those have grass (AZ & LV)
        Forget weed....I need to get into the grass growing with no sun needed industry

Comment

• Duck of Death
          Social Piranha
          • May 2022
          • Flyover, USA
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

Really glad the Raiders didn’t get him.
          Agreed. But OTOH they got Bowers, who will likely be far more impactful than Penix would’ve been in his 1st year. Not to mention JPJ as well. Those two are gonna be a royal pain in the ass to deal with for years to come. But as they say, iron sharpens iron (even tho it’s actually a fallacy).

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

AZ and LV have retractable fields that go outside after games and back in before them. It's what we need in SoFi.

This Arena Does WHAT.........?#shorts #nfl #arizonacardinals #sportsfacts

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

AZ and LV have retractable fields that go outside after games and back in before them. It's what we need in SoFi.

https://youtube.com/shorts/wgbjPndgq...C46IPd4VprKDWD
              The act of Kroenke building a stadium in LA with turf is an unmeasurably large sin against nature.

I expect it’s too late to build the retraction / insertion slot for a field now though. Talk about “let’s just knock out a wall” plus the field isn’t even at parking lot level, it’s in a hole, they’re gonna have to lift it first. It’d be easier to replace roof tiles to let UV through and plant lower sunlight exposure type of grass - beats me?

The fucker really fucked it up
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

The act of Kroenke building a stadium in LA with turf is an unmeasurably large sin against nature.

I expect it’s too late to build the retraction / insertion slot for a field now though. Talk about “let’s just knock out a wall” plus the field isn’t even at parking lot level, it’s in a hole, they’re gonna have to lift it first. It’d be easier to replace roof tiles to let UV through and plant lower sunlight exposure type of grass - beats me?

The fucker really fucked it up
                I agree it is too late to add that feature. It would be a nightmare to get it structurally redesigned. Regarding large sin against nature, I think the opposite… he will use no water since it is turf. I wonder if the project permit was submitted during CA’s major drought.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

I’m kind of surprised that nobody has come up with a synthetic turf that is safer.

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2024
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Agree with you as a very real possibility and Atlanta has some young premium talent on offense to grow with him. If only Bill wasn't such an old stubborn, arrogant, narcissist he would have won 12-13 games with that team this year and turned around his flailing legacy without Tom.

I will say that if Caleb is not the best QB of this class though then Ryan Poles doesn't deserve another GM job. They have literally loaded that offense for the kid unlike I've seen in quite some time. The closest was Burrow in recent memory.

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2024
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

I think the league should go back to all grass fields over the turf. There have been a lot more critical injuries that have been caused in large part because of Field turf at all levels of football. The NFL owners, however, will not make this mandatory until the ROI they get on the turf/maintenance of the turf is severely outweighed by the money they lose in the injury to the assets.
                      I thought a bad injury to a Franchise QB would spark discussions because that is the most valuable asset to a Franchise, but Jerry didn't even blink after the Prescott injury a few years ago. It would literally have to be a pandemic of injuries or a major lawsuit at the lower levels of football involving young kids/high schoolers to spark real discussion.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I agree it is too late to add that feature. It would be a nightmare to get it structurally redesigned. Regarding large sin against nature, I think the opposite… he will use no water since it is turf. I wonder if the project permit was submitted during CA’s major drought.
                        water is forever, it falls from the sky like mana. global warming, er excuse me climate change will increase rainfall as it accelerates the cycle of evaporation and precipitation.
                        But you know what is a sin - microplastics that will be the cause of the coming unexpected reduction in human lifespan, not to mention infertility, autism, and general angst - eek! (just a working theory as of now )

Didnt we vote like a decade ago to build more reservoirs? yeah, I wonder how that's going ... lol

Bottom line - its one fucking lawn, and its not that big. There are hundreds of football fields scattered around just LA.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post

Agreed. But OTOH they got Bowers, who will likely be far more impactful than Penix would’ve been in his 1st year. Not to mention JPJ as well. Those two are gonna be a royal pain in the ass to deal with for years to come. But as they say, iron sharpens iron (even tho it’s actually a fallacy).
                          As for Brock Bowers: he's going to be a real pain with Gardner Minshew throwing him the ball?

They already have Davonte Adams, Michael Meyer and MIchael Gallup.

They're going to spread people out and roll up 5,000 yards through the air?

I don't think so.

Raiders lost their best offensive weapon from last year.

Comment

Working...
                          X