• Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Right on.
    The key is Tillery and JJ developing damn soon.
    And Tranquill.
    Then the Soft Zone doesn't look as soft.
    I think Tillery can make a big jump in year 2.
    Not so sure about JJ. Think he is a good rotation type player. Beach's fav D.Brown at #6 would be a very useful player to add. Just think Lions take him at #3.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Don't need Wade. His prevent defense late in games was infuriating as well. Rams defenses hasn't been that good either. All Gus has to do is dial up more blitzes than he has been.
      I have seen Gus's blitzes he has "dialed up". We do not need more of that. We need well thought out and well executed Blitzes.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I have seen Gus's blitzes he has "dialed up". We do not need more of that. We need well thought out and well executed Blitzes.
        Can't remember where I read it, but supposedly, Gus was reluctant to blitz because he did not trust our DBs coverage, especially when Davis and James were out. When both were in, he did blitz a little more but they only played a few games together.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Can't remember where I read it, but supposedly, Gus was reluctant to blitz because he did not trust our DBs coverage, especially when Davis and James were out. When both were in, he did blitz a little more but they only played a few games together.
          This makes sense to me.
          Gus isn’t an idiot
          if there’s something wrong happening consistently, it’s likely to be a limitation that he can’t find a solution to.
          we need more talent at CB to make it work.
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• foreigner
            Tom Telesco is gone
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

We need depth overall.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
              Superbowl?
              • Sep 2018
              • Los Angeles/Chicago
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

This makes sense to me.
              Gus isn’t an idiot
              if there’s something wrong happening consistently, it’s likely to be a limitation that he can’t find a solution to.
              we need more talent at CB to make it work.
              I agree. I feel if we had the worst talented players on D half the forum would blame the coordinator instead of realizing it.

Half our D is talented and half is questionable.

King wasn't the same player this year, wondering if he was having personal problems?

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

really feelin' the let's get more draft picks bug.... moving Melvin and/or trading down ?? move Tyrod and/or Feeney ?? any other moves/maneuvers worth considering ??

lotsa good teams seem to regularly obtain more than the standard edition 7 picks.... 10 or 11 would be my target.
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Gus needs better talent too
                  out with Mebane in with a new DT
                  Square needs to be out too. His undersizeness has killed the team for years and he isn't a threat in pass rush.

Tillery gets too much flak. People thinking that Tillery alone should solve the pass rushing problems are sadly mistaken. He hasn't displayed the pass rushing that many were hoping for, but he's made an impact in other ways that people don't notice. Young DTs can take some time to learn, and the position is complex. Plus, D-line is more demanding than most other positions, so having the right depth goes a long ways. He's going to need a veteran DT to help him learn from to go along the way. Mebane nor Square are those guys. As long as loyal Lynn insists on one of these guys, the interior will continue to be a weakness. Justin Jones provides run stopping, but he's limited as a pass rusher. Another reason why the team has limitations.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Square needs to be out too. His undersizeness has killed the team for years and he isn't a threat in pass rush.

Tillery gets too much flak. People thinking that Tillery alone should solve the pass rushing problems are sadly mistaken. He hasn't displayed the pass rushing that many were hoping for, but he's made an impact in other ways that people don't notice. Young DTs can take some time to learn, and the position is complex. Plus, D-line is more demanding than most other positions, so having the right depth goes a long ways. He's going to need a veteran DT to help him learn from to go along the way. Mebane nor Square are those guys. As long as loyal Lynn insists on one of these guys, the interior will continue to be a weakness. Justin Jones provides run stopping, but he's limited as a pass rusher. Another reason why the team has limitations.
                    Telesco needs to look at the data which shows snaps by age of players. Historically, having older rosters does not produce success. Now, I get some positions are different than others. Like an old P or K is different than a CB. But Mebane is done. DONE! Telesco needs to do better. Thomas Davis - time to move off from him. These players are not getting better and probably only getting worse.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Needs a vet to mentor him....but not Mebane, the starting DT on a SB winning team? Those kind of statements/takes are pure bush league.
                      Tillery is a boom or bust player. He will have to be a tremendously dedicated player in the gym, on the field, understanding opponent video breakdowns, and receiving coaching that he can apply to his craft. I did not see a great player at ND, certainly not worthy of a 1st round pick, but I hope I’m wrong and year deuce is a monster year for Jerry.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Man, Mebane was our best DT in most games. Would not throw him out with the bath water just yet.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

I would.We need better not good enough.Mediocrity sucks!

Comment

Working...
                          X