• Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Wheel and deal, TT.
    Bosa for two #1's.
    Trade down four spots for more bounty.
    Draft AJ Epenesa.
    Draft a QB late round 1.
    Draft a WR. RB. OL help (IOL imv.)
    I keep getting this idea that we can move Bosa to 3T. Tillery wasnt active or in backfields much....and the coach pointed that out...but he was dealing with some doubles often. And i thought he help up well 2 gapping. Is it such a bad idea to try and make him fit at NT? Put some weight on? DT's in a 1 gap 34 are often smaller than the 2 gap guys. I think he would hold up in a 1 gap 34. Better suited for 5T but he has enough technique to anchor. Bosa would drill guys from the 3T spot. Then draft a pass rusher.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Agree... it might....with so many teams needing a QB:

Chargers
      MIA
      CIN
      NE
      OAK
      NO
      JAX
      CAR
      TB
      PIT
      CHI
      TEN?
      DET?
      PHI?
      WASH?
      ATL?
      BUF?
      MIN?

It would be interesting to see/hear what is bing discussed in Chargers headquarters as far as money, and who the spanos's are even willing to sign?
      would they pay 25-30 million for Rivers?
      will they pay top dollar for Bosa???
      Gordon?
      Ingram?
      Ekler?

They have to plan out and project the money over several years......

We all know money is the biggest factor for Spanos......

A rookie QB is cheap ....at least for 4-5 years......
      Rivers and Gordon are gone. IMO. Ekeler will get a high tender. If a team wants to grab him they can give us a 2 or 1. Ingram may be easier to replace now that he is up there in age. But the thing i like about him is that he is a beast LB at his core. So i would play him at MLB on some early run down work. Put more speed on the edge with Tranquil and Nwosu. You know how some CBs convert to S when they get older and slower? I feel like Ingram could settle in at MLB later in his career. He can play zone fairly well when he drops back. Great gap awareness. And doesnt get blown out by OL. And against a guy like Derrick Henry? He wouldnt need to go low. lol

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        We aren't trading Bosa and aren't trading up to get Burrows.
        no one knows what will happen..... agree, that both are unlikely..... because history of this organiZation shows that they dont do such things......

Bosa is worth keeping because he makes other defenders like ingram better players but if we aren't willing to pay him a fortune, it would be better to trade him.....

my guess is that there will be all kinds ofd trade rumors leading up to the draft but sometime the night or day of, a surprise team like NO or NE will make an offer so amazing that CIN cannot refuse......
        NFL and media would LOVE Burrow in NE or NO........ to continue those dynasties...... no one cares about CIN, SD, LA...... etc.....

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Horrible IDEA...... rarely does a QB turn out to be great when they are not the top pick or 2..........
          that late first round QB will suck in the NFL........ every QB after Burrow and Tua will suck in NFL for sure..... QB's like hebert, and love will NOT get better in NFL....they will get worse..... that is fact...... no QB is better in NFL the they were in college.......
          All get worse? You mean like this 2 time Super Bowl winner, SBMVP, and 1st team all-pro?
          Just pointing out exceptions to every rule.

Lots of bluster comes out in your posts without much in the way of substance.

Phil Simms
          College career

Simms chose to attend Division II Morehead State of the Ohio Valley Conferencein nearby Morehead.

The Morehead State Eagles ran a ball-control offense,[2] and Simms' numbers were unspectacular—in his senior season he completed 92 of 173 passes for a 53.2% completion percentage and had six touchdown passes, 11 interceptions, and 1,229 yards.[2] The Ohio Valley moved up to the new Division I-AA in 1978, but the Eagles went 2–6–1; they failed to make the postseason during his college career.[2] Simms finished with 409 completions in 835 attempts for a 48.9% completion percentage.[2] He also totalled 32 touchdowns, 45 interceptions, and a school-record 5,545 yards.[2]
          Last edited by like54ninjas; 01-17-2020, 06:08 PM.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Horrible IDEA...... rarely does a QB turn out to be great when they are not the top pick or 2..........
            that late first round QB will suck in the NFL........ every QB after Burrow and Tua will suck in NFL for sure..... QB's like hebert, and love will NOT get better in NFL....they will get worse..... that is fact...... no QB is better in NFL the they were in college.......
            The "IDEA" is solely based upon Joey's signability and likelihood of holdout.

Also, I suggested things to do with the picks that involved drafting clean prospects at PON's + a relatively low investment at QB.

In January, nothing is absolute here.
            3.5 months to go...
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2019
              • Send PM

I don’t think chargers have a chance at retaining Bosa long term. I do think chargers are slow to negotiation with Bosa due to holdout talk. They probably want to see if He pulls a Gordon before they show their cards.

That said, Chargers have never been a team to pay top dollar for a a marquee player.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

I actually think the Chargers try to do this the right way. Which is a new contract between now and the draft. He misses some camp they look terrible. Its par for the course blah blah. They need to get this right. And at least show soon that Bosa is hesitating on offers. Offer him more than Mack got. Let that get in the public eye that he is turning down that amount. Then its public opinion and lightens the burden of the Chargers 100% looking terrible. That image is so bad right now. They have to go by the book. The fans are that fragile with it.

Fuck im gonna send him mom a message. lol

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Tijuana
                  • Send PM

...QB's like hebert, and love will NOT get better in NFL....they will get worse..... that is fact...... no QB is better in NFL the they were in college.......
                  I don't think you know what that word means, also, I think Brady got better, Preskot?, Wilson?

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Tijuana
                    • Send PM

...no one cares about CIN, SD, LA...
                    you don't think that the NFL wants to see the whole LA thing work out?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Rivers and Gordon are gone. IMO. Ekeler will get a high tender. If a team wants to grab him they can give us a 2 or 1. Ingram may be easier to replace now that he is up there in age. But the thing i like about him is that he is a beast LB at his core. So i would play him at MLB on some early run down work. Put more speed on the edge with Tranquil and Nwosu. You know how some CBs convert to S when they get older and slower? I feel like Ingram could settle in at MLB later in his career. He can play zone fairly well when he drops back. Great gap awareness. And doesnt get blown out by OL. And against a guy like Derrick Henry? He wouldnt need to go low. lol
                      I wouldn't be against the idea of Ingram at MLB but he has been here for years and they never even tried it.....even in preseason so it isn't happening .

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

All get worse? You mean like this 2 time Super Bowl winner, SBMVP, and 1st team all-pro?
                        Just pointing out exceptions to every rule.

Lots of bluster comes out in your posts without much in the way of substance.

Phil Simms
                        College career

Simms chose to attend Division II Morehead State of the Ohio Valley Conferencein nearby Morehead.

The Morehead State Eagles ran a ball-control offense,[2] and Simms' numbers were unspectacular—in his senior season he completed 92 of 173 passes for a 53.2% completion percentage and had six touchdown passes, 11 interceptions, and 1,229 yards.[2] The Ohio Valley moved up to the new Division I-AA in 1978, but the Eagles went 2–6–1; they failed to make the postseason during his college career.[2] Simms finished with 409 completions in 835 attempts for a 48.9% completion percentage.[2] He also totalled 32 touchdowns, 45 interceptions, and a school-record 5,545 yards.[2]
                        The UT blowhard vibe is getting real on this board.
                        TPB and all posters would be well served to be more conversational...to have some actual back and forth.
                        Breaking news...you are not necessarily the smartest dude in the room all the time.
                        I too have to check myself sometimes.
                        Balance...please...we all have a bit of a competitive streak in us.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Brady, Brees, Aaron Rogers, Russell Wilson etc. QBs that don't have a winning record in college usually don't do well in the NFL. Those with a very good NCAA record have a shot. Many, if not most will improve mechanics and/or technique with pro coaching, quality teammates. Choosing at 1 or 2 definitely improves the odds but it's an obvious fact that it does not guaranty best 1 or 2 results.

Comment

Working...
                          X