• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sb4Rivers
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2019
    • Send PM

how Bad will chargers look if Bosa does not want to do long team deal.. chargers will have no leverage because Bosa can choose not to sign FT. Then the charger will have to take the best offer on the table. Which will not be great.

For TT to keep his job he has to get this one right or the future of how player deal with contract in charger land will alway go bad

This should also go for Rivers, butI think they have made it worse.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

It's funny how everyone keeps saying TT's job is in jeopardy, especially since he just signed an extension less than a year ago.

Comment

• SDBORN
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        It's funny how everyone keeps saying TT's job is in jeopardy, especially since he just signed an extension less than a year ago.
        I don't feel like he is on the hot seat, and that's the sad part of it all. He should be. The owners don't seem to care from all we can gather.

TT has said he needs to do things differently in FA, or at least it sounds like he alluded to it. We will find out this offseason.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

I don't feel like he is on the hot seat, and that's the sad part of it all. He should be. The owners don't seem to care from all we can gather.

TT has said he needs to do things differently in FA, or at least it sounds like he alluded to it. We will find out this offseason.
          nobody is on the hot seat

has one coach from the Lynn staff been fired. I get Whiz was. But the worst special teams - three years running - and Stewart has a job. Zero accountability with the Spanii

Comment

• SDBORN
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

has one coach from the Lynn staff been fired. I get Whiz was. But the worst special teams - three years running - and Stewart has a job. Zero accountability with the Spanii
            Agreed.

Spanii are good with the status quo. They don't want to spend on top tier coaches and staff. And now they have the added move expense they have to pay back. The value of the team may have gone up, but that doesn't help with their current cash flow situation - in terms of cash they aren't exactly the wealthiest owners. So they cut corners wherever they can when it comes to non cap space related expenses.

​​​
            Ultimately this means we as fans have to put up with a team run by poor to mediocre staff. We are stuck in pergatory with the hope that they are either forced to sell, or their poor hires occasionally outperform their capabilities somehow and get us into the playoffs once every several years.
            Last edited by SDBORN; 01-19-2020, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Sucks that my favorite team is run by owners I despise more than any others.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Stewart was Lynn's "mentor" and there is no way he'll fire his buddy.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Then fire Lynn

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2019
                    • Send PM

If TT did not align with Lynn he would have been on the hot seat. TT would have FireD all coaches and deal with not signing Rivers. At the same time look for new coaches and get baby spnanis to help select.

That sound like a lot of work for Guy who have no clue what they are doing.

its a sad day for all of us who invested in The team, but I can see it’s going to get worse with loss of more fans and continued poor seasons.

the highlight will be seeing who they will select in next two drafts with a the first or second pick. Problem is It will not matter to me since I’ve moved on.

ill be back when this MoM and Pop family sells.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      Agreed. I think he's doing most of what the Spani want so why would they fire that. They only fire people who are competent and disagree with their core Philosophy...problem is their core philosophy doesn't work in the football world as that requires working with talented but spoiled sports stars who won't put up with anything if they feel like they're being ripped off...then all hell breaks lose and negotiations fail...its happened multiple times in the last decade.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Agreed. I think he's doing most of what the Spani want so why would they fire that. They only fire people who are competent and disagree with their core Philosophy...problem is their core philosophy doesn't work in the football world as that requires working with talented but spoiled sports stars who won't put up with anything if they feel like they're being ripped off...then all hell breaks lose and negotiations fail...its happened multiple times in the last decade.
                        this is what hitting a home run in the draft looks like.
                        If you draft a guy with the #3 pick and he pans out like this, he's going to want to get paid.
                        Goff, Wentz and Elliott all already got extensions. Once Ramsey gets his, it'll just be Bosa.

And KA will be no different. If they talk about keeping their own and paying their own, and you go out, bust your butt, justly make the probowl and are earning 4 mil a year less than the dude across town, you're going to want to get paid like him. Brandin Cooks is getting 16.8 next year to KA's 12.65.
                        Last edited by Gwynning_Spirit; 01-19-2020, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Gwynning_Spirit View Post

this is what hitting a home run in the draft looks like.
                          If you draft a guy with the #3 pick and he pans out like this, he's going to want to get paid.
                          Goff, Wentz and Elliott all already got extensions. Once Ramsey gets his, it'll just be Bosa.

And KA will be no different. If they talk about keeping their own and paying their own, and you go out, bust your butt, justly make the probowl and are earning 4 mil a year less than the dude across town, you're going to want to get paid like him. Brandin Cooks is getting 16.8 next year to KA's 12.65.
                          I don't know that paying more than $13 million a year is worth it for Keenan Allen. I'd rather pay Joey Bosa what he's due and let some other players walk. I think some of these skill positions can be replaced. Crap I'd rather pay ekler $8 million and let allen walk if he wants $17 million.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X