• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Attaochu

Is that Leslie O'Neil out there? What a player.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Gesundtheit
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

He needs to get some more playing time. Right now, he is probably a better pass rusher then Ingram, although both need work. A couple of mistakes by Attaochu, but he made more then he missed.

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

Nice to see the rooks (Verrett and Attaochu) contributing and having a good debut. A big change from years past.

Comment

• longhorn
          SD NOT LA Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          He needs to get some more playing time. Right now, he is probably a better pass rusher then Ingram, although both need work. A couple of mistakes by Attaochu, but he made more then he missed.
          While he looked great (I was at game, so I don't know how it was shown on TV), it was his inexperience that allowed Palmer to run for a 1st down on their last drive 3-9 and he allowed the tackle to run him out of the play.
          Last edited by longhorn; 09-09-2014, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
            THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
            Generous Donor
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Very green but I love the energy and physicality. Nice change from the Norv years when the philosophy was to not use rookies unless absolutely necessary.
            NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• UtahBolt
              Did we win?
              • Jun 2013
              • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by longhorn View Post
              While he looked great (I was at game, so I don't know how it was shown on TV), it was his inexperience that allowed Palmer to run for a 1st down on their last drive 3-9 and he allowed the tackle to run him out of the play.
              He knew it too. You could see on the replay when Palmer ran out of bounds, you could see Attaochu chasing from behind and then shake his head in the "oh, crap, I just f*&%ed up!" way.
              I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• rikardo
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Yeap thats the guy I watched in college. I still think he is a perfect rotational guy and a 4th quarter guy because he is a speed guy. At least right now...

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

I think he just got himself some more playing time then just a guy in the rotation. The big thing I think we are going to see is how fast does he learn from his mistakes. I know it is not going to be a popular opinion, but one of the things that made Merriman such a good guy initially (that's the unpopular part) was that teams would beat him on a play early in a game, then come back to go after him again later in the same game, and he would have already learned from it. Sure, the drugs helped him, and the guy was a complete knucklehead, but he had some football smarts. If Attaochu can show the same sort of thing, where he learns quickly and doesn't keep making the same mistakes, he is going to get us some big plays, and set himself up for a huge 2nd year, and keep making big plays all season.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by KYBoltsFan View Post
                    Nice change from the Norv years when the philosophy was to not use rookies unless absolutely necessary.
                    Who are the rookies in the Norv years that he refused to use, and who were the vets that he favored over those rookies?

I've seen this mentioned before, but not sure where the idea comes from. Majority of the coaches around the league will choose a vet over a rookie or inexperienced player when given a choice...unless absolutely necessary as in, there's nobody else on the roster that's good, or everybody else got injured. This current coaching staff included.

Attaochu shows great potential and may even become the starter next year, but he isn't going to be used ahead of Freeney and/or JJ (unless those 2 guys get injured this year) but he'll likely be higher up in the rotation over Tourek.

edit: I hope he we use him more on situational stuff ie. 4th qrtr, obvious long passing downs etc. i guess we'll find out this year and next if he'll be a more capable starter with more playing time, or if he'll be like Reyes who really only shined as a situational player.
                    Last edited by homeless simpson; 09-09-2014, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Attaochu played 19 snaps and in them had 4 tackles and a strip sack fumble. He also had a special teams tackle to go with his blocked punt. That is a hell of a debut.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

What was Nix' stat line???
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                        X