• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Special teams look solid

Lost in the disappointing loss was the play of special teams, the Scifres shank aside. And I'm not just talking about the blocked punt, coverage units look fast, tackling was good, guys were getting after it.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02
  • TABF
    Por debajo del promedio
    • Jun 2013
    • SoCal
    • Send PM

Not sure Scifres was a shank, more of a horrible bounce. That damn oblong football just bounced AZ's way on that punt. But I do agree (As I'm sure most do), that ST was a huge bright spot.

Comment

• OhioBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
      Lost in the disappointing loss was the play of special teams, the Scifres shank aside. And I'm not just talking about the blocked punt, coverage units look fast, tackling was good, guys were getting after it.

Agreed, but our return game has no threats, Brown/Woodhead aren't threats too return a Kickoff for a TD, I would be surprised if either one can make it to the 50. Far a punt returns Eddie Royal doesn't seem to be what he use to be in years past. Hell when was the last time we had any kind of a returner who was a difference maker? Darren Sproles we talking over 3 years ago and his last year with us he wasn't so special for whatever reasons.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

The Conner stuff on the kickoff return was awesome. How many times do you stop a team down on the 5 when they return a kick?

I still think one of the great things about the team is guys like Walker, Gachkar Conner, Stuckey and Tutu, while they may not be the best backups, they are OK as backups, and they are a great core of ST guys. Last year, Washington had the worst ST every (yes even worse then we were a couple years ago), and a huge part was Shanny just decided that you cannot have backups who just play on ST, so he got rid of the ST core guys except for the P, K and LS.

Comment

Working...
        X