• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rikardo
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Should Roger Goodell be fired???

He has put heavy penalties on players for lying to him. Well now he lies about not seeing the Video.

And what's worst he applies a double punishment for the same problem or crime to Ray Rice.

IMO Roger needs to go.

What do you guys think???
    Yes
    66.67%
    No
    33.33%
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Has it been established that Goodell did see the video? And while I'm not a Goodell fan, I think the outrage directed towards him really should be directed at Rice still.

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      Has it been established that Goodell did see the video? And while I'm not a Goodell fan, I think the outrage directed towards him really should be directed at Rice still.
      I think there is enough outrage for both.....I say FIRE Goodell.

Where is the poll?
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Opera singer and web developer.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
        I think there is enough outrage for both.....I say FIRE Goodell.

Where is the poll?
        I think Goodell should man up, do the right thing, and resign.
        Adipose

Comment

• thelightningwill
          Go Aztecs and Pads
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

That violent mother fucker, Ray Rice, should be in prison. Having him out on the street wasn't Roger Goodell's decision.
          Be pissed at the NFL for the way it sticks it to the fans and the taxpayers. Don't be pissed at the league and Goodell for our country's fucked-up legal system.

Oh, while I'm on the subject, why the fuck was any part of my Chargers game used to show that woman-beating video? Do you really think I want to see that sick shit?

Comment

He should go. I feel that he has lost all credibility, and while I supported him on some aspects I hate him for many others. If he (they) were willing to risk so much to protect what I am assuming were the Ravens by not suspending him for the entire season, then what else have they done?

Spy Gate? Destroyed Tapes.

Tuck Rule

Concussion stuff.

Super Bowl XL - Blatent terrible playcalling pro Steelers

Super Bowl XLIII - Another pro steeler superbowl win, how they called that a TD at the end is unreal.

Big Ben Rapes...

Mara, Kraft, Rooneys are all very powerful men, and they are the ones that are going to oversee the investigation. Nobody has benefited more from Goodell's tenure then the the Patriots.

Pats, Giants, Steelers have all had a very nice time during this mans reign. Its time to get him the fuck out. I haven't even mentioned his blatant disregard for all the traditions that he has torn apart.

Monday Night Football, The NFL Draft, All but eliminated kickoffs, Playing games in London. Pussification of football, every modern record should have an Asterisk next to it that says. * during modern ruleset.

How many TDs, Yards, Receptions would the greats have had if you couldnt touch the QB or the WRs...

/done
            Last edited by Guest; 09-11-2014, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• sandiego17
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

The minute he pulled the destroyed the evidence bs in cheatriotgate he should have been fired. If he's really lying about viewing the video, that would a huge error in judgment, not one the head of the league should ever make.

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Opera singer and web developer.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                That violent mother fucker, Ray Rice, should be in prison. Having him out on the street wasn't Roger Goodell's decision.
                Be pissed at the NFL for the way they stick it to the fans and the taxpayers. Don't be pissed at the league and Goodell for our country's fucked-up legal system.

Oh, while I'm on the subject, why the fuck was any part of my Chargers game used to show that woman-beating video. Do you really think I want to see that sick shit?
                Let's keep the two issues separate. Yes, Rice's despicable actions should be punished. That is a legal matter. However, it seems the NFL bungled the situation, keeping evidence from the public eye, which maybe they had to do for legal reasons, but then lying about it. People have resigned for far less. It's not that I wish to deflect attention from Rice to Goodell, but rather that Goodell has failed to live up to the standards the league claims for itself and through his or his office's actions has caused the league's reputation to be tarnished. I don't believe Goodell should be fired, but I believe he should resign voluntarily.
                Adipose

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• captaind
                    Cook This Pork Chops
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Mars
                    • Ball Holder
                    • Send PM

Why wasn't there this much outrage about him burning the Patriot tapes? Or flipping a coin in his office with no one else around to determine which NY team got to play first in the new stadium?

There are plenty of reasons he should be fired. This is just one of many.

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
                      Why wasn't there this much outrage about him burning the Patriot tapes? Or flipping a coin in his office with no one else around to determine which NY team got to play first in the new stadium?

If the right thing were done when Goodell burned the tapes, perhaps the Rice incident would have been handled correctly from the get go.

Comment

• rikardo
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Agree, but I do think this story is a way way bigger story; this story is talked around the wolrd and is intrigued for all ages, woman or man, religion (I'm not kidding). I understand it's the talk of the moment; but the way our media is use now a day; with the internet and social networks this one went viral (it's the biggest blunder on Goodell part IMO).

And it may have cost him his ($35 - 44) million per year job...
                        Last edited by rikardo; 09-11-2014, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X