• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

Great highlight of Stick and the commentary. I apologize saying I never saw him playing in preseason. Unfortunately he probably won't last past Taylor and whoever the Chargers draft at QB. Then again, I want to see more of him in preseason. At least a couple of series. My recollection of him is so limited. 3 QB's on the roster this season, or do the Chargers do otherwise for a roster spot? 2 QB's this season? Taylor and...?

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
      Great highlight of Stick and the commentary. I apologize saying I never saw him playing in preseason. Unfortunately he probably won't last past Taylor and whoever the Chargers draft at QB. Then again, I want to see more of him in preseason. At least a couple of series. My recollection of him is so limited. 3 QB's on the roster this season, or do the Chargers do otherwise for a roster spot? 2 QB's this season? Taylor and...?
      Stick's play ran the spectrum from memorable to forgettable last preseason.... he was hellah good on the ground, however his Eason by Air game left some low flying projectiles that were definitely within enemy's reach.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

The thing to remember is they don't have to decide at this point. The Chargers need at least 4, or probably 5 guys to run TC. I know they may not have one, but they have to prepare just in case. So, at some point, they have to add some more NFL caliber arms, just to practice against.

Stick had a lot to learn last year. They knew that when they took a draft pick on him. I don't think that him not playing proves anything. Rookie QB often don't play. In fact, usually the only ones who do are the ones who are drafted high, and usually they struggle some.

As far as how many we will carry, it will depend. I don't think we are going to carry 3 just to carry 3 QB. If there is a legitimate QB who deserves a roster spot, then they may carry 3, depending on what the rest of the roster looks like (roster decisions are not made in isolation).

As far as drafting a QB, it will depend on who is available when. To me, only Tua and Burrow have #6 spot grades on them, and I have ruled out Tua because of injuries. If they trade down Hebert comes to play, and maybe Eason. 2nd round there are Hurts and Love. I really haven't decided on the rest. But if the value in a particular round aren't there, then there is the FA route after the draft. We can still add Cam or Dalton to be the vet backups in case something happens to Taylor.

After those guys the UDFA guys coming out of college, plus guys who kick around for a while can be used to fill out the roster.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Stick intrigues me. They obviously think highly of him. They tied up a roster spot for an entire season to prevent losing him on waivers, but he was never activated (I don't think). That roster spot was sorely needed at points last season when they had to release players they probably didn't want to in order to free up space for injury replacements. But they didn't free up Stick's spot and risk losing him. And this is a team that had only been carrying two QBs on their roster in previous seasons. It tells me they think Stick has a future with the team. But what is their vision for Stick's future?

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

They could add Morgan, maybe Gordon as a late round pick. Could see it.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
              They could add Morgan, maybe Gordon as a late round pick. Could see it.
              Montez as well. Morgan & Montez have great arms, mobility, prototypical NFL physical size, leadership attributes, toughness, and pocket awareness but both have deficiencies with processing and footwork mechanics.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Him too yup. Nice later options.

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

It's simple Tyrod is our guy, its his job to lose, he's our franchise QB, or Cam may come in on a 1 year deal too>?

That being stated someone like Love, Tua, or Herbert comes in sits a year, and year 2 we'll see if we won the Superbowl or made the playoffs, or had a winning season under Tyrod, After that we see if we need a new coach and system, and that guy get's to see what he could do with our 2nd year QB & Stick, or Lynn turns it all around as coach he doesn't get fired and we keep going...
                  THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT SEASON.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

IMHO I believe the guy who said he had inside info, no QB at 6. TT will draft to win now, look for WR, RB, and special D players, weapons to add to our arsenal. Like it or not the trenches got the love they’re gonna get, mid rounder at best. This is the draft for those kinda weapon players, go get some TT.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

I am and continue to be a big proponent of Tyrod Taylor. But I think he is a bridge QB for the rookie QB Telesco is going to draft next week. I think they will draft a QB with a skill set that fits Lynn's preferred offensive style and that is why I think it will be Tua. Since Taylor (and Stick) has a similar skill set, they can install the offense and transition seamlessly when the rookie is ready.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        I am and continue to be a big proponent of Tyrod Taylor. But I think he is a bridge QB for the rookie QB Telesco is going to draft next week. I think they will draft a QB with a skill set that fits Lynn's preferred offensive style and that is why I think it will be Tua. Since Taylor (and Stick) has a similar skill set, they can install the offense and transition seamlessly when the rookie is ready.
                        There seems to be a lot of people talking about Lynn's preferred offense, but he has never come out and said we will do something like run an RPO all the time. He has said we need to run effectively. Almost every QB coming out, aside from maybe Fromm, are much more mobile than Rivers so that threat is there. Ironically, Tua's injury history would make him the one QB I would not want running around a lot.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

There seems to be a lot of people talking about Lynn's preferred offense, but he has never come out and said we will do something like run an RPO all the time. He has said we need to run effectively. Almost every QB coming out, aside from maybe Fromm, are much more mobile than Rivers so that threat is there. Ironically, Tua's injury history would make him the one QB I would not want running around a lot.
                          Valid.

Comment

Working...
                          X