"Are you alright Brother?"
      "ooooooowww"

Comment

• thelightningwill
        Go Aztecs and Pads
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
        Moreover, the QB jumped in the air to get the pass off. For some reason the expectation is that if the offensive player moves at the last second or adjusts his position that the defender should do so as well. Liuget is flying in there at a high rate of speed in perfect position to make a clean tackle and Manuel adjusts his position to get the ball off. It's kind of unrealistic to expect the defender to adjust accordingly in that split second. I understand that it was a hit on a QB and nearly any contact with the QB is going to draw a flag, but that's not football as I grew up with it.

And what do you think would happen if a play like this happened today? I'm pretty sure he'd be in Ray Rice/Adrian Peterson World.

Holy shit. Never seen that before. Wish I still hadn't. No wonder Bradshaw doesn't know he's supposed to pause at the end of a sentence.
        About as bad as that Bednarik hit on Gifford.

Comment

• bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
          Holy shit. Never seen that before. Wish I still hadn't. No wonder Bradshaw doesn't know he's supposed to pause at the end of a sentence.
          About as bad as that Bednarik hit on Gifford.
          Man!!! What would you give to see Manning laid out cold like that?
          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
            I wouldn't want to see that. I hate Manning in a football-fan sense, not in any real way. My football hatreds are all in good fun (well, maybe not all that good, but fun nonetheless. Watching people get knocked out isn't something I'm into. I didn't even want to see Uncle Rico get ball shocked by the time machine.)

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
              What do you want?

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Weddle's play continues to impress: Seattle's Earl Thomas is considered the best safety in the game. But I will say this: San Diego's Eric Weddle isn't far behind. I have been a big proponent of Weddle's play, even when he sometimes gets overlooked. Weddle is off to a great start this season, playing better than any safety in the league. Weddle was all over the field last week against the Bills. Weddle can drop down as an eighth man in the box and despite being a former college corner, and he's physical enough to make plays. He also has good range, better than most safeties, in the passing game.

On the Bills' second series last week, Weddle lined up deep as a Cover-2 safety. But before the snap, he dropped down and loaded the box on the right side of the defense. The Bills tried to run C.J. Spiller inside, away from Weddle, but the safety came down and dropped him for a 1-yard loss with a great play off the edge. Later in the fourth quarter, the Bills tried a screen to the explosive Spiller. Weddle had the force on the play, and was blocked. But he stayed with the play and when Spiller tried to cut to the outside, Weddle was able to chase him down. It was a 25-yard gain, but if Weddle doesn't get off the block to get back into the play it might have been a touchdown. Later in the quarter, he blew up Marquise Goodwin on a crossing route. The throw was behind Goodwin, and Weddle lit him up for an incomplete pass. Weddle is smart. He is tough. He is a good tackler and he can run and play coverage. It's time he gets the due he deserves.
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Weddle really has played well this season. It's nice to seem him get to make plays instead of trying to cover for DBs around him who don't have a clue what they are doing.

Comment

Working...
                  X