• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kingcrimson
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

They’ll look 1000x better on the field especially when you see them in contrast to the other team.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sdcforever View Post
      Very happy to see these changes. With these new uniforms, the Chargers will be the best looking team on the field week-in, week-out. Let's hope winning comes along for the ride.

Some additional thoughts and comments:

TV Numbers
      • Why have them when they are already on the helmet? Thumbs up from me for removing the TV numbers from the shoulders and sleeves.
      • While nostalgic for the numbers on the sleeves, they never looked right on certain players whenever the fabric got bunched up.
      • Never liked the upside-down bolt on the 2007-2019. Oversizing the bolts left little space on shoulders and sleeves. Removing them visually simplifies the design. This is a case of addition through subtraction.
      Color Rush
      • In general, I'm not a fan of mono-colored uniforms, but the Navy and Royal Blue Color Rush uniforms are not bad and much better than other teams offerings.
      • I wouldn't mind seeing matching yellow and white pants with the royal blue and navy tops.
      Helmets
      • Numbers on the sides of the helmets give the Chargers a unique look among other teams, much like the Steelers logo on just one side of the helmet.
      Shoulder/Pants Lightning Bolts and Number Font
      • Very nice. One nitpick would be the size of the white/yellow stroke. I'd make this a little thicker so that it distinguishes the bolt and numbers better against the jersey color.
      No Chargers Wordmark on Jersey Front
      • Again, addition by subtraction. One look at these uniforms, and you should know what team this is (2015-2019 Browns, I'm talking to you).
      • Plus, I can imagine that the Chargers are still in San Diego, since it doesn't say LAC like the new Falcons uniforms.
      Yellow Pants
      • Very happy that there are Sunshine Gold pants to go alongside the white ones. I never got to see these in-person, but I always liked the look of the 1961-1964 Chargers.
      Perfect 1st post. Welcome to the Blues

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

Really like both the color rush! Looks like everyone was right. There's 4 jersey colors and 4 pants colors (simple), and they mix a few to make 2 more combos. Got rid of navy blue but made it into a color rush, which almost looks black.

Not saying you should, but you really can just about mix and match the jerseys and pants to create throwbacks. Royal blue jersey plus yellow pants. Navy blue jersey plus white pants. Royal blue jersey and white pants.

SPOILER
        Extra combos.jpg

You nailed it...why is it hidden behind a spoiler button? Weird. I do like how you switched that up, though.

Still, the overall collection is awesome...even my least favorite is pretty sharp...nice work Chargers...now it's on TT to fill those jerseys up with future stars this Thursday!!
        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sdcforever View Post
          Very happy to see these changes. With these new uniforms, the Chargers will be the best looking team on the field week-in, week-out. Let's hope winning comes along for the ride.

Some additional thoughts and comments:

TV Numbers
          • Why have them when they are already on the helmet? Thumbs up from me for removing the TV numbers from the shoulders and sleeves.
          • While nostalgic for the numbers on the sleeves, they never looked right on certain players whenever the fabric got bunched up.
          • Never liked the upside-down bolt on the 2007-2019. Oversizing the bolts left little space on shoulders and sleeves. Removing them visually simplifies the design. This is a case of addition through subtraction.
          Color Rush
          • In general, I'm not a fan of mono-colored uniforms, but the Navy and Royal Blue Color Rush uniforms are not bad and much better than other teams offerings.
          • I wouldn't mind seeing matching yellow and white pants with the royal blue and navy tops.
          Helmets
          • Numbers on the sides of the helmets give the Chargers a unique look among other teams, much like the Steelers logo on just one side of the helmet.
          Shoulder/Pants Lightning Bolts and Number Font
          • Very nice. One nitpick would be the size of the white/yellow stroke. I'd make this a little thicker so that it distinguishes the bolt and numbers better against the jersey color.
          No Chargers Wordmark on Jersey Front
          • Again, addition by subtraction. One look at these uniforms, and you should know what team this is (2015-2019 Browns, I'm talking to you).
          • Plus, I can imagine that the Chargers are still in San Diego, since it doesn't say LAC like the new Falcons uniforms.
          Yellow Pants
          • Very happy that there are Sunshine Gold pants to go alongside the white ones. I never got to see these in-person, but I always liked the look of the 1961-1964 Chargers.
          Welcome to TPB!
          Great to have you at the blues!
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I don't know if the league will let them mix and match with color rush uni's and regular uni's.
            Besides, why would they use Navy again when not playing a color rush game? I'd be ok if they dumped it altogether. PB is the main now.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-21-2020, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                  Nuthin but love for DJ but the white n yellows aint it.Maybe powder blue bottoms woulda worked better.
                  Powder blue bottoms with the white tops would have ROCKED!

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Love them all
                    my fav is the home with yellow pants
                    my second fav is the navy blue rush (wifes fav)

anyone still think we’re not drafting qb to sell jers—I mean, to lead our offense?

question.
                    are these powder blues the newer type of powder blue
                    these arent the alworth powder blues right?
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• sdcforever
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

As a follow-up to my first post (thanks for the welcomes, BTW!), another thing that I like about these uniforms is that they represent so much of the history of past Charger uniforms.

https://www.chargers.com/photos/evol...argers-uniform
                      • Fan of the Dan Fouts era? Royal Blue Color Rush for you.
                      • Grew up watching Junior Seau, Leslie O'Neal, Ronnie Harmon, Stan Humphries, or LT's 2006 MVP season? Navy Color Rush, which also appeals to the 1960 team. If the one-helmet rule is scrapped in future seasons, we might even see a navy blue helmet return with the yellow and white lightning bolt.
                      • Pairing yellow or white pants with the Color Rush jerseys (as Tol mocked up) would showcase this even more. The Browns previous uniform revision in 2015 allowed for up to 9 combinations of jerseys and bottoms, all of which were really bad. With these Charger uniforms, there could be 10 with nary a bad one among the bunch!
                      • Been a Chargers fan since the beginning or reminiscing about the 1994 team that went to the Super Bowl (also the 75th anniversary of the NFL)? The Chargers wore the powder blues and whites a lot that season. They should have worn white on white against the Niners, who also wore their red throwbacks that season.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        Love them all
                        my fav is the home with yellow pants
                        my second fav is the navy blue rush (wifes fav)

anyone still think we’re not drafting qb to sell jers—I mean, to lead our offense?

question.
                        are these powder blues the newer type of powder blue
                        these arent the alworth powder blues right?
                        In video the color comes through better.
                        4:40 mark.....

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• JOJAX85
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Irmo, SC
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I'm not sure about those rankings though. I think I would switch numbers 2 & 5.

Comment

Working...
                          X