Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Here's another article where Kiszla argues for changing the OT rules:

Making those miracles happen
    Mark Kiszla
    Mark Kiszla, The Denver Post
    January 9, 2012; Page 2BB

It was a thunderbolt from heaven. Who threw it? Tim Tebow. Who else?
    With an 80-yard touchdown pass to Demaryius Thomas on the first snap of overtime that sent heavily favored Pittsburgh to a shocking 29-23 loss in the NFL playoffs, the Broncos pulled off yet another Mile High miracle.
    Sorry, Pittsburgh. When you're playing Tebow, somebody else makes the immaculate reception.
    "I'm just very thankful for the platform God has given me," said Tebow
    At least he's consistent.

Comment

• thelightningwill
      Go Aztecs and Pads
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
      Here's another article where Kiszla argues for changing the OT rules:

At least he's consistent.

God hates the Steelers.

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

I saw that article too....its just a blogger i think. That was a lame attempt to defend the loss. I mean come on. I recall teams with good defenses used to PICK to kick the ball off so they could get better field possession. Denver has touted is top 5 defense to no end....i mean come on...they let Seattle walk right down the field and have nobody to blame but themselves. Play the fricken game to win whether on Offense or Defense. Seattle ended as the better team....not by a lot as their defense folded when it counted the most but they were marginally better.

I think this shows that all those highly touted teams to win the SB are falling down. Seattle IMO hasn't looked dominant at all, 9rs geez...falling apart, Cheatriots...really you barely eeked out a win AT HOME against the Cokeland Faiders!, Indy well they finally got 1 win against a defenseless Jag team...can they get a fine for hitting a defenseless team?, Philly is streaky and shows they can come back but boy they looked bad for quarters. Cincy looks solid so far albeit playing the Titans its tough to say if they really are any good down the stretch yet.

Nobody looks dominant IMO. That may change over the next 8 weeks but its shown us there are no 16-0 dominant teams out there. We have a shot if we can just get in the tournament.

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Opera singer and web developer.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
          Let's simplify the rules: If the teams have fought into an overtime, haven't both teams earned the right to touch the football at least once?
          Yes, let's simplify the rules ... and make it sudden death the way it used to be. If the teams have fought into an overtime and lose on the first possession, it's their own damned fault for not being good enough to win it in regulation. They've already had multiple possessions to get the job done and couldn't, so why should we award them one more?!
          Adipose

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
            I saw that article too....its just a blogger i think.

Actually, Kiszla is a regular (homer) columnist for The Denver Post.

Comment

• MakoShark
              Disgruntled
              • Jun 2013
              • North Alabama
              • Send PM

Lets eliminate OT all together and go back to the days of "Ties" :cheers:

If you can't win it in regulation, kiss your sister and live with a tie. Then everyone will laugh at you at the end of the season when you miss the playoffs by half a game. :goofylol:
              sigpic

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                Yes, let's simplify the rules ... and make it sudden death the way it used to be. If the teams have fought into an overtime and lose on the first possession, it's their own damned fault for not being good enough to win it in regulation. They've already had multiple possessions to get the job done and couldn't, so why should we award them one more?!
                Yeah, I really had no problem whatsoever with the old format. It was Peter King and the other Manning ballwashers who started that drumbeat after the Scifres-Sproles game. If they wanted to change it, then they should have done a real extra time format with a full 10-15 min period.

But I really don't like this format at all. It's the 'shootout' version.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Bronko fan must feel pretty entitled to tell the NFL to change a rule, maybe its because the NFL has been changing rules for Manning for so long. Goodell has created a Manning welfare state in the NFL...
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                    Bronko fan must feel pretty entitled to tell the NFL to change a rule, maybe its because the NFL has been changing rules for Manning for so long. Goodell has created a Manning welfare state in the NFL...
                    Somebody please take Manning out once and for all so this madness can finally end.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                      Somebody please take Manning out once and for all so this madness can finally end.
                      4REAL from Archie to his sons, Archie a loser who won nothing, and petition his cry baby son Eli not be drafted by San Diego, Eli is overrated if not for the luck Tyre catch, and their Defense carrying the team he would have no rings. Peyton Manning is the most unsportsmanlike cry baby QB, right up there with Brady when they lose they sprint off the field. Peyton things he deserves a flag every time he gets hit, or his receivers or covered tight. You're right F all those Mannings!

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Kiz is far from a Broncos fanboy. He's critical of them more than he is positive.
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Boltx
                          Dominate the day
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Now I'll worry about the next time we are in a close game against the Broncos bc I'm sure the refs will do everything they can to assure that OT is avoided and that the Broncos win outright.
                          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                          X